The Falkirk FC Thread

On Tuesday, November 01, 2016 at 23:14, BountyBairn said:

Cheers, i think we need to consider bringing him back. He's shown promise in the first team when in last time he got a few games. Big Lee isn't getting any younger and both him and shepherd need to be getting game time and let's be honest more options up front would be handy when things aren't going well up front - he offers a bit of pace.

You cant just "bring him back". You need special permission for that. Not saying you wont get it but its not a formality.

Its not desperate. Presumably Austin was anticipated to be ahead of O'Hara in the order. For whatever reason that hasnt panned out and O'Hara isnt getting game time which is why he was loaned out. He would be better served fighting for a place in our team than East Fife.

Id be all for bringing him back.

He is back at the end of the month. It was only a 6 month deal. I suspect we will see Austin go to East Fife in January.

3 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Pretty desparate stuff when we need to rely on bringing back young players because we have no cutting edge tbh

Its desperate to think O'Hara will improve us. 

An 18yr old who isn't playing for East Fife, not scoring as regular as he was in the devolpment league, Shepherd and Austin are. Shepherd doesn't have the composure or strength for the step up and Austin seems to be made of paper.

Its desperate to think O'Hara will improve us. 

An 18yr old who isn't playing for East Fife, not scoring as regular as he was in the devolpment league, Shepherd and Austin are. Shepherd doesn't have the composure or strength for the step up and Austin seems to be made of paper.

I don't think O'Hara had scored for the big team yet although I know Bairdy robbed him of a goal against Rangers.
Apart from that game, he has shown little to impress. I can't imagine how an 18 year old would transform our season going forwards. I know he has pace which we need but he is untried for me.
What we have up front is simply not good enough bottom line, in flashes yes, but over the season not good enough. No one can doubt their industry but
Lee can't really last for 90 minutes
Bairdy to me is too slow
McHugh has pace but needs a faster partner up top. I think he is our best option.
Austin, well let's wait and see
Shepherd improving but not sure he is the answer to bang in the goals

We'll need to suck it and see but IMO it's time for Houstie to get the cheque book out but by that time we may be pissing in the wine's

We missed our chance during the summer but we chose not to.

Yes that is correct, he was really good that day set up the first with a good run, also scored a good goal against DU but I think we need a bit more. He went through a phase earlier this year when he couldn't hit the proverbial coos arse wi a banjo but he's picked himself but he is anything but prolific AND he never hides.

I now understand why a pars fan would think he is the best striker that played against them this season. TBF that's about as good as he's played for us since joining

Another striker is not the answer so calm yer jets ffs. If we have 2 wide players with pace and flair then I'm certain the strikers we have could bang in the goals with the service they would provide. Currently we only have hippo that falls into that category and he can be hit or miss. If he is not having a good game we don't have the option of that type of out ball on the other side of the park. Give me a decent right winger over another striker any day of the week please.

Yeah some idea on the Austin situ is needed actually. I

Completely forgot about him.

no disrespect intended to McHugh, Baird, Shepherd or Miller but Austin must pish if he's not forced himself into the team and isn't injured. 

Edited by BountyBairn