The Falkirk FC Thread

There's a boy on COYB page saying if Sibbald stays with us we won't need any new signings.

If this was written anywhere except on that site I would automatically think wind up, but I think it was a serious post. No doubt already got his season ticket, parking permit, home and away kits and beach towel.

For every Farid and Taylor you get a Andy Haworth or Rakish Bingham.

Or Peter Grant, Luke Leahy, Will Vaulks or even Kallum Higginbotham all signed from England, having never played in Scotland before.
We have to sign players from outwith Scotland, our football is rubbish. Even taking a gamble on guys like Phil Roberts is better than signing average Scottish jersey fillers

Lyle Taylor too.

I remember when we signed Higginbotham we were actually watch Chris Dagnell at the time. He was coming till we got relegated.

I don't accept the cash bit. We signed the likes of Taylor when we were potless. I just don't think Houston has the network Pressley had for example.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or Peter Grant, Luke Leahy, Will Vaulks or even Kallum Higginbotham all signed from England, having never played in Scotland before.
We have to sign players from outwith Scotland, our football is rubbish. Even taking a gamble on guys like Phil Roberts is better than signing average Scottish jersey fillers

Lyle Taylor too.

I remember when we signed Higginbotham we were actually watch Chris Dagnell at the time. He was coming till we got relegated.

I don't accept the cash bit. We signed the likes of Taylor when we were potless. I just don't think Houston has the network Pressley had for example.

I dont think its so much as that Pressley was keen to try new things and tried to look on the positives more than the negatives you cant really blame him on us being relegated he was trying to turn it round and install a positive mindset on the players.

More just a difference in management style than network, if you look at when Houston came into management your talking the likes of Jeffries and the usual suspects that get banded about,i.e. Calderwood, Williamson, the ones making the break into management these days are keen to try new things i.e. Pressley and the likes of Jack Ross only a couple of examples but you get my drift.

I dont think its so much as that Pressley was keen to try new things and tried to look on the positives more than the negatives you cant really blame him on us being relegated he was trying to turn it round and install a positive mindset on the players.

More just a difference in management style than network, if you look at when Houston came into management your talking the likes of Jeffries and the usual suspects that get banded about,i.e. Calderwood, Williamson, the ones making the break into management these days are keen to try new things i.e. Pressley and the likes of Jack Ross only a couple of examples but you get my drift.

Absolutely about network IMO.

2 hours ago, Jackie Moon said:

Can't blame him on us being relegated? We went down without so much as a whimper. We only needed to win one game out our last 5 and we'd have stayed up and yet he couldn't even muster that against the dregs of the league. If your going to make statements that we are definitely staying up then you've got to be able to back that up and he failed miserably. Some positive mindset that was. No suprise he's out of a job just now and has done nothing of note since he left us. 

57 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't blame him on us being relegated? We went down without so much as a whimper. We only needed to win one game out our last 5 and we'd have stayed up and yet he couldn't even muster that against the dregs of the league. If your going to make statements that we are definitely staying up then you've got to be able to back that up and he failed miserably. Some positive mindset that was. No suprise he's out of a job just now and has done nothing of note since he left us. 

Seriously its no different to this place you have people that look at things from a half full point of view and others that look at it as the glass is half empty, its about who's perspective your seeing things.  Honestly between some of the posters on this and on one f i think they want the club or Houston to fail just so that they can say "i told you so"

We had a shit season it was mathematically possible to stay up, would you rather he turned round and said to the support we are f*cked we are relegated stay at home on Saturday watch the Man Utd game or some other sh*t on TV instead of turning up to support the team as we are doomed anyway.

So the team couldnt muster a win its life we got relegated we dealt with it but half the problem with that season was buying into "the next level" spouted by Yogi and Eddie May never wanted the job in the first place it was a bit of hope he would be a gamble worth paying off and uncovering a gem of a manager yes it was a risk but they took a chance on it paying off and it didnt work.

At the end of the day all this is about is moans that we havent made any signings yet, youth development should be better than it is and we should have an endless pool of young blood to fill the team and sell each year, Houston isn't casting his net for players far enough, Houston should be sacked, Houston should have a better network, The board isnt doing enough and should invest big to get us promoted, The board need to move on and get someone in that wants the club and to invest and  Doug Henderson is a bawbag and shouldn't be there in the first place.

NEXT TOPIC FOR MOANING ABOUT PLEASE

Whit? That's just absolute nonsense.

He was in charge for 15 games that season and he won 3. He had 5 games after the split where we failed to score from open play, 1 penalty in the 5 games against the rest of the bottom six.

He is a fucking dreadful manager and he absolutely does deserve a big portion of the blame on us getting relegated.

22 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

Seriously its no different to this place you have people that look at things from a half full point of view and others that look at it as the glass is half empty, its about who's perspective your seeing things.  Honestly between some of the posters on this and on one f i think they want the club or Houston to fail just so that they can say "i told you so"

We had a shit season it was mathematically possible to stay up, would you rather he turned round and said to the support we are f*cked we are relegated stay at home on Saturday watch the Man Utd game or some other sh*t on TV instead of turning up to support the team as we are doomed anyway.

So the team couldnt muster a win its life we got relegated we dealt with it but half the problem with that season was buying into "the next level" spouted by Yogi and Eddie May never wanted the job in the first place it was a bit of hope he would be a gamble worth paying off and uncovering a gem of a manager yes it was a risk but they took a chance on it paying off and it didnt work.

At the end of the day all this is about is moans that we havent made any signings yet, youth development should be better than it is and we should have an endless pool of young blood to fill the team and sell each year, Houston isn't casting his net for players far enough, Houston should be sacked, Houston should have a better network, The board isnt doing enough and should invest big to get us promoted, The board need to move on and get someone in that wants the club and to invest and  Doug Henderson is a bawbag and shouldn't be there in the first place.

NEXT TOPIC FOR MOANING ABOUT PLEASE

He could've said I'm confident we'll stay up and we will be doing everything in our power to make sure we stay in this league. But instead he said we will definitely not be getting relegated. Only an idiot would come out with that pish and then look like an utter fool when they've failed miserably to back their statement up.  

My comments are in reply to you talking about Pressley. I've not made one complaint so far about us not having made any decent signings so far or that our youth development should be better.

One thing I'll say about Pressley when he was manager we were getting players in on trial from here there and everywhere and that was on a much smaller budget then we have now. These days its very rare that we have anyone on trial from outside Scotland apart from Taylor feckin Morgan.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Whit? That's just absolute nonsense.

He was in charge for 15 games that season and he won 3. He had 5 games after the split where we failed to score from open play, 1 penalty in the 5 games against the rest of the bottom six.

He is a fucking dreadful manager and he absolutely does deserve a big portion of the blame on us getting relegated.

You could say the same about the board for appointing a manager at the start of the season that didn't want the job, the others that wanted the job when Yogi left was Neil McCann, Jackie MacNamara and Pressley, so take your pick out of those 3 that you would have preferred taking over.

1 minute ago, Jackie Moon said:

You could say the same about the board for appointing a manager at the start of the season that didn't want the job, the others that wanted the job when Yogi left was Neil McCann, Jackie MacNamara and Pressley, so take your pick out of those 3 that you would have preferred taking over.

The bod and especially 'oor George' made one of thee most ridiculous decisions in the history of Falkirk Football Club by appointing May the manager. We had just finished our what 4th straight season in the top flight and had achieved european football for the first time ever. We had great facilities and a fantastic youth academy. The stock of the club had never been higher to be able to appoint an excellent experienced coach to take us on from Hughes and yet we didnt even interview for the bloody job. Neither of those 3 mentioned should've been anywhere near the post. The decision was made to appoint May and we're still paying for it today.

See Yogi is blaming the support for his sacking though when you look at the article not good reading for the board either:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-hughes-lifts-lid-time-10611904

“As for Falkirk, I was their most successful manager but towards the end of my spell it all went a wee bit sour.

“The club were slashing the budgets and it all came from the football side of the operation.

“Sports scientists, physios, masseurs and then players were all leaving.

“The last straw came when three Bairns supporters wrote a letter to the board of directors and demanded my resignation as we were fighting relegation.

“They felt I wasn’t motivating the players.
“The letter went public and it turns out that two of them were fans’ representatives on the board.

“I knew then that my time was up at Falkirk. I felt let down.

“There are still one or two people at the club who I don’t speak to.”

“When I left Falkirk they were relegated the next season.

“When I left Hibs they were relegated two seasons later.

“I have left Inverness and they have now been relegated the following season.

Yes John thats because you leave an utter shambles behind you most of the time. 

I notice no mention of Livingston or Hartlepool funnily enough.

Lets face it we were having to slash budgets because he'd pished money down the drain on 

Burton O'Brien

Neil McCann

Jackie Mac

Lee Bullen 

and yet we'd ended up nearly getting relegated. If your going to ask for a bigger budget then you've got to make sure it propels you up the league table and doesnt plummet you down it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog