The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

As for Harris, it's all about how you use him. Queens seemed to want to play him as an orthodox midfield player rather than a winger when basically you just need to let him run at his full back. If we can get height in the box he would be decent for us as he'd add some pace from out wide and wouldn't always look to cut in.

We did what?  Harris pretty much played every game he played for us a winger. And for my money did pretty well at it. Like all wingers he was in and out of games sometimes but statistically he laid on a lot of goals and scored 3 or 4. He did fine for us and I wouldn't mind getting him back if it was an option.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So is Stephen Dobbie but not one of you wouldn't take him if you could get him. Nearing retirement doesn't always mean "done".

Nobody said that they're Done.

But if I personally had a choice I would try recruiting a younger player that is going to be around a good few years if we did actually end up in the premier league. 

I've renewed but must say watching the Bairns at TFS was turgid at times last season.

I find as I'm getting on in years the games in the middle of winter at that place are especially challenging. If I have a couple of pints before the game, as the cold hits I spend more of the game in the bog. Maybe wisnae a bad thing at times last season [emoji16]

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I've renewed but must say watching the Bairns at TFS was turgid at times last season.

I find as I'm getting on in years the games in the middle of winter at that place are especially challenging. If I have a couple of pints before the game, as the cold hits I spend more of the game in the bog. Maybe wisnae a bad thing at times last season emoji16.png

Have you considered sitting in the hottub?

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I find as I'm getting on in years the games in the middle of winter at that place are especially challenging. If I have a couple of pints before the game, as the cold hits I spend more of the game in the bog. Maybe wisnae a bad thing at times last season emoji16.png

Lost count of the number of times last season we'd be sitting in BTW at 2:30 on a Saturday looking at an uninspiring teamsheet and wondering if it'd be more fun staying there and getting MWI.

Lost count of the number of times last season we'd be sitting in BTW at 2:30 on a Saturday looking at an uninspiring teamsheet and wondering if it'd be more fun staying there and getting MWI.

Sometimes a warm boozer with lovely beer v's a freezing cold TFS is a very close call [emoji16]

Think the closing bit in the Herald says it all its going to be a long couple of weeks by the sounds of things:

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/all-quiet-on-the-westfield-front-1-4476811

Falkirk have made two signings so far this summer. Two weeks ago The Falkirk Herald’s backpage revealed goalkeeper David Mitchell (pictured) was being lined up by the Bairns and his signing was announced a day after we went to press with the news. The club also announced striker Harry Girdwood had signed from Spartans after impressing the under-20s. That week’s work was completed by Mark Finlayson’s extension but since then it has been quiet from the Bairns with a spokesman indicating to The Falkirk Herald that little was expected to change in coming days.