The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we're signing players simply because their better than Rankin or Tudor Jones then we're in big trouble. We dont need a centre mid and we also dont need Harris whose been brutal since his one decent performance against us in the cup. If their the best we can come up with after trawling the UK for new players then god help us.

If Sibbald goes, we need a central creative player. Craigen can play there but that then leaves a problem on the right hand side. 

Just now, PipoIsABairn said:

If Sibbald goes, we need a central creative player. Craigen can play there but that then leaves a problem on the right hand side. 

Craigen should never be played on the right side again.  He was excellent at centre mid .We need to sign a decent right winger. In the middle we already have Craigen, McKee, Kerr and Taiwo. If Sibbalds signs that would mean 5 centre mids which is more than enough. In fact 4 is more than enough. 

12 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Stanton's yer man for that role. He's glorious driving from deep in central midfield. Totally wasted on the wing.

15 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Stanton's yer man for that role. He's glorious driving from deep in central midfield. Totally wasted on the wing.

We've already got Craigen that can do that. I'd rather we covered the areas we're lacking in first like left back, striker and right wing . Then if there's more cash in the kitty you can sign the likes of stanton.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd say  Smiths a better right back than he is a striker/right winger.:lol:

Those were grim days watching him knock the ball part a defender then just run it out of play every game.

I don't know about his defensive side but if he's been coached to release the ball to the winger earlier i can imagine him doing well as an attacking RB

On 13/06/2017 at 11:51, wullie robb said:

So the latest I've heard is we are interested in Scott McDonald, another player nearing retirement. Same old story.

So is Stephen Dobbie but not one of you wouldn't take him if you could get him. Nearing retirement doesn't always mean "done".