The Falkirk FC Thread

Only at Falkirk could we have a ludicrous situation  like this. Striker coming towards the end of his career whose not good enough to get you up or a striker at his peak who will score enough goals to punt you into the top flight. Its ridiculous if true that our whole season could rely on whether Baird fancies it at ICT or not.  I thought I'd seen it all at Falkirk but this really puts the tin feckin lid on it. Get Baird to feck now if there's even a small chance of Loy coming in to replace him.

You appear to be seething here....yet, like just about everything here just now, it's all just speculation.[emoji16]

Just now, roman_bairn said:

You appear to be seething here....yet, like just about everything here just now, it's all just speculation.emoji16.png

I did state its ridiculous if true. The fact that we're into June and yet Baird is still on the books is farcical anyway. 

I did state its ridiculous if true. The fact that we're into June and yet Baird is still on the books is farcical anyway. 

Why? Every player out there will want to weigh up their options before deciding where to move or indeed to stay.

If, as has been suggested, we have made him an offer, there is no definite action for the club to take just now other than to monitor alternative striker options should they be needed.

Also Loy was great when he was here but there's an awful lot of pinning of hopes that he will be better than we have. Whilst I agree Baird is possibly not the answer, I am not sure blowing the budget for Loy is either. I'd rather have Dobbie for that money if it was possible.

34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its ridiculous if true that our whole season could rely on whether Baird fancies it at ICT or not.  I thought I'd seen it all at Falkirk but this really puts the tin feckin lid on it. 

You know, I was just thinking the exact same about your posts but you've managed to surpass yourself all in the one quote above. Well played.

25 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why? Every player out there will want to weigh up their options before deciding where to move or indeed to stay.

If, as has been suggested, we have made him an offer, there is no definite action for the club to take just now other than to monitor alternative striker options should they be needed.

Also Loy was great when he was here but there's an awful lot of pinning of hopes that he will be better than we have. Whilst I agree Baird is possibly not the answer, I am not sure blowing the budget for Loy is either. I'd rather have Dobbie for that money if it was possible.

He's simply not good enough if we want to go up its as simple as that. It should have been made clear to him at the end of last season  that he was surplus to requirements and he could find another club. If we're left with him as one of our starting strikers you can forget going up again this season.  I can assure you that Loy is a far better striker than anything we have currently especially John Baird and he is only what 27? Dobbie is not going to come to us. First of all he's at queens because he has a fondness for the club  and is under contract for another season. If he left there I'm sure he'd have interest from top flight clubs and anyway we couldnt afford a transfer fee for him.  Loy and Austin would complement each other well and I very much doubt we'd be blowing  the budget on the former. To win the league we need a better quality of player. We cant just keep putting out the same team and expecting we're suddenly going to be good enough to get promoted.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:55, Shadwell Dog said:

Craigen should never be played on the right side again.  He was excellent at centre mid .We need to sign a decent right winger. In the middle we already have Craigen, McKee, Kerr and Taiwo. If Sibbalds signs that would mean 5 centre mids which is more than enough. In fact 4 is more than enough. 

We have a player already that can play wide right. Shepherd ! worth a run