The Falkirk FC Thread

We still need a right back, another left back and a striker. We've already got Kerr, taiwo, McKee and Craigen for centre mid so even without sibbald there's no point in signing another one. 3 quality signings and a right mid that isn't Harris and we won't be far away.

I understand not signing a right back because, regardless of what you think of Kidd or Muirhead, we have two contracted first team players for that position.

In terms of gaps in the squad, we need a left back, a creative midfielder, a right sided midfielder and at least one striker.

Why do we never get our business done early? This is not knicker wetting this is running a business well. Not surprised only a 1000 season tickets have been sold after having a will vaulks shaped rug pulled from under us late last season. I am casting my eye in the paisley direction with envy this close season. Their fans are excited for the season ahead. We may well get there in the end but it must be better securing good names early than rummaging around late every season?

Why do we never get our business done early? This is not knicker wetting this is running a business well. Not surprised only a 1000 season tickets have been sold after having a will vaulks shaped rug pulled from under us late last season. I am casting my eye in the paisley direction with envy this close season. Their fans are excited for the season ahead. We may well get there in the end but it must be better securing good names early than rummaging around late every season?

St Mirren's signings are largely unknown and/or dross. I'd have taken either of the Ross Stewarts as projects but none of the rest of the players are good enough imo. Cammy Smith at a push would've done as a wide player for us. The likes of Samson, Buchanan or Reilly are the sort of players I have nightmares about Houston signing.

I'd rather sign no one than sign pish players. At least we still have room to sign promising players rather than using wages on the likes of Gavin Reilly.

I also know that at least one of the players we've kept on this summer turned down St Mirren to stay with us, so while you may be looking at them enviously, the players aren't.

Appreciate we need to let players go now and again but last season we list my two favourite players in vaulks and Alston and this season well lose my two favourite players in Leahy and Sibbald (likely announced late on the day like vaulks was when season tickets sold). In that period we've lost my 4 favourite players and as yet not one signing, or rumoured signing at their level imo in that period

St Mirren's signings are largely unknown and/or dross. I'd have taken either of the Ross Smiths as projects but none of the rest of the players are good enough imo. Cammy Smith at a push would've done as a wide player for us. The likes of Samson, Buchanan or Reilly are the sort of players I have nightmares about Houston signing.

I'd rather sign no one than sign pish players. At least we still have room to sign promising players rather than using wages on the likes of Gavin Reilly.

I also know that at least one of the players we've kept on this summer turned down St Mirren to stay with us, so while you may be looking at them enviously, the players aren't.

Time will tell I guess. Just wish even our rumoured targets were of a higher quality esp after releasing and losing so many.

40 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

You are casting an envious eye at Paisley ? Really.

They just about avoided relegation. They are trendy the now cos of Jack Ross that is all. The media loves them because they reside near Glasgow.

They are Glasgow scum. Don't be jealous of them. A horrible club with horrible values.

Apologies for hogging the thread but in the past 30+ years of going to the games the seasons I remember best are when the town and club get behind a talismanic signing. We've had loads over the years in stainrod latapy drinkell Waddell mo Johnston Coyle McAllister to name but a few. Air of these seasons we were in the second league too so it's not as if you need to be top league to attract them. We need one name to get the club buzzing. When was the last time we had one?

They just about avoided relegation. They are trendy the now cos of Jack Ross that is all. The media loves them because they reside near Glasgow.
They are Glasgow scum. Don't be jealous of them. A horrible club with horrible values.

Deary me

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I understand not signing a right back because, regardless of what you think of Kidd or Muirhead, we have two contracted first team players for that position.

In terms of gaps in the squad, we need a left back, a creative midfielder, a right sided midfielder and at least one striker.

Yeah but both aren't good enough. We'd have been better binning watson and using Muirhead at centre back and then signing another rb. Either that or at least stick kidd on the transfer list.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Am just totally sick of the St Mirren love in on here mate.

Its more the fact they pulled of a great escape when it looked like they were all but dead and buried and looks like Jack Ross has an eye for a decent player but the telling will be in the coming season i suppose.

Yeah but both aren't good enough. We'd have been better binning watson and using Muirhead at centre back and then signing another rb. Either that or at least stick kidd on the transfer list.

I don't disagree, just stating what the logic likely is from the board and Houston.

I have a feeling we'll be going 3 at the back at the start of the season again going by the fact we have 4 CB's and have with Kidd still hanging around...

It's just a gut feeling of course but it could work considering the players we have signed up already in terms of round pegs in round holes

St Mirren's signings are largely unknown and/or dross. I'd have taken either of the Ross Smiths as projects but none of the rest of the players are good enough imo. Cammy Smith at a push would've done as a wide player for us. The likes of Samson, Buchanan or Reilly are the sort of players I have nightmares about Houston signing.

Agree with most of this but re Reilly, 39 goals in 110 appearances for QoS isn't the worst record as a striker.

14 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

Its more the fact they pulled of a great escape when it looked like they were all but dead and buried and looks like Jack Ross has an eye for a decent player but the telling will be in the coming season i suppose.

I am just shocked that Jack Ross is not manager of Real Madrid. He sounds like an amazing manager.

40 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What an absolute weapon.

No doubting St Mirren have the feelgood factor at the moment but a couple of decent signings from us and I think we will comfortably finish above them.

Looking at their signings and the players that have left/loan finished they look weaker than the team that finished the season off well to narrowly avoid relegation. I can see them challenging for play offs but not being title contenders.