The Falkirk FC Thread

Renewed my season ticket this morning and got told we'd sold "about 1000".

Also I don't understand why they don't ask for your card number or seat number when booking. Someone going to have to sit and spend ages doing manual work.

Houston on Off The Ball just now, he's confirmed that Baird is away to Inverness and we're signing a right winger on Monday, going to assume it's Harris?

Sounds very much like Loy will not be leaving Dundee according to Houston on Off The Ball.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sounds very much like Loy will not be leaving Dundee according to Houston on Off The Ball.

Just telling it how it is, New Dundee manager for Loy and still under contract. There won't be any clubs willing to take over a £1700 wage

1 hour ago, superandy_07 said:

Houston on Off The Ball just now, he's confirmed that Baird is away to Inverness and we're signing a right winger on Monday, going to assume it's Harris?

I hope not I can't actually recall him doing much of note for the last few seasons.

3 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Surely not . I can't believe we've trawled the whole of British football for a right winger and he's the best we could come up with. We'd have been swell keeping aird. Surely loy may become available on a loan deal later in the summer. I presume no mention  of sibbald. How long can he hold us to ransom for? 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely not . I can't believe we've trawled the whole of British football for a right winger and he's the best we could come up with. We'd have been swell keeping aird. Surely loy may become available on a loan deal later in the summer. I presume no mention  of sibbald. How long can he hold us to ransom for? 

So, your assertion that you would be cheery if Baird left was a lie then, as expected. Will anything ever cheer you up? 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So, your assertion that you would be cheery if Baird left was a lie then, as expected. Will anything ever cheer you up? 

Signing some quality players would certainly cheer me up. We need better quality to win this league and not the likes of Harris whose been punted out on Loan to various outfits over the past few seasons as he's not even been deemed good enough for the hibees bench.

Signing some quality players would certainly cheer me up. We need better quality to win this league and not the likes of Harris whose been punted out on Loan to various outfits over the past few seasons as he's not even been deemed good enough for the hibees bench.

I've posted this time and time again but I honestly don't think you should support Falkirk, they make you so angry and upset and I can't see how it benefits you in any way. Real Madrid have won 3 out of the last 4 champions leagues, I think they're the team for you.

For what's it's worth I've heard the new signing is Aiden Connolly, formerly of Dundee United and Raith Rovers, who was at York last season. Looked a handful when he played against us for Raith two seasons ago.

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

I've posted this time and time again but I honestly don't think you should support Falkirk, they make you so angry and upset and I can't see how it benefits you in any way. Real Madrid have won 3 out of the last 4 champions leagues, I think they're the team for you.

For what's it's worth I've heard the new signing is Aiden Connolly, formerly of Dundee United and Raith Rovers, who was at York last season. Looked a handful when he played against us for Raith two seasons ago.

If correct then an excellent signing. Was a handful when at raith and the kind of player we should be looking to sign. 

Falkirk don't make me angry at all. Frustrated yes as we're not that far away from having a decent side if 3 or 4 players of quality are added.

I hardly think I'm asking too much though looking for a bit better quality in the door than Alex Harris.

Aird could have played like Ronaldo......still don't want him at my club.

If correct then an excellent signing. Was a handful when at raith and the kind of player we should be looking to sign. 
Falkirk don't make me angry at all. Frustrated yes as we're not that far away from having a decent side if 3 or 4 players of quality are added.
I hardly think I'm asking too much though looking for a bit better quality in the door than Alex Harris.

This may be true, but you complained that a Harris is punted out on loan? Connelly has been at Dundee United, Raith and York and would be joining us all in the space of 18 months?

Personally, I would give either player a chance at Falkirk first before throwing my toys out the pram.

Shadwell is dead on about Harris. An absolutely awful, lazy signing which shows little ambition. Proven mediocrity.

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

This may be true, but you complained that a Harris is punted out on loan? Connelly has been at Dundee United, Raith and York and would be joining us all in the space of 18 months?

Personally, I would give either player a chance at Falkirk first before throwing my toys out the pram.

Having seen them both play it's an easy choice.