The Falkirk FC Thread

Listened to off the ball online just now and what Houston had to say and i think the key is in what he said "has to be better than what we have and wants a bit more quality" he also did say if we have a chance to get out the league then there has never been a better chance than what we have now (which we have all said).

13 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

Listened to off the ball online just now and what Houston had to say and i think the key is in what he said "has to be better than what we have and wants a bit more quality" he also did say if we have a chance to get out the league then there has never been a better chance than what we have now (which we have all said).

If he can't find a better right back than Muirhead then he shouldn't be in the job. We've been playing him as a stop gap for two seasons now and it wouldn't surprise me if he started this season again in that position even though his shortcomings were badly exposed again in the play-off second leg.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Shadwell is dead on about Harris. An absolutely awful, lazy signing which shows little ambition. Proven mediocrity.

This.

Would be a very poor signing.

Willis Furtado?

He's on trial at St. Mirren. But he's exactly the sort of player we should be looking at. Young, done a good job in the division below and should be looking to move up a level.

I'd be surprised if he's even been on our radar tbh.

4 hours ago, Trump said:

For what's it's worth I've heard the new signing is Aiden Connolly, formerly of Dundee United and Raith Rovers, who was at York last season. Looked a handful when he played against us for Raith two seasons ago.

Would be pleased with that, doesn't mean he'd be better than Stanton or Harris as all three have went of the radar in recent years. He has had decent stand out performances, but so did Stevie Logan

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Aird could have played like Ronaldo......still don't want him at my club.

When his best game was for Canada, then a few clutch of straw appearances for his club, it's best we pass....

Ps I can see by the I'm Rangers/celtic thing, judged purely on football

2 hours ago, Jackie Moon said:

Words he has said for 2yr, any manager worth their salt will say similar

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They would want cash for McKay and we don't have any.

Not sure about that. He was gash for us and not much better for ICT it seems. Two relegations in two seasons. I'd worry more about signing him at all. Money who shouldn't be the issue.

Edited by Pull My Strings

I wouldn't get excited over a half decent 45 mins including a goal McGovern should've stopped.

I don't think I have suggested that this would be a good signing. Indeed I would not say I have watched him play enough to pass real comment.

My point is that I do think you need to consider more than just past record. A lot depends on who players are playing alongside and the system they are expected to be part of.

I am not keen to reject anyone that we plan to sign without giving them a chance...exceptions being Aird and Goodwillie.

He is some fucking man.

I tell you we are looking at someone about to write himself into the pages of Falkirk folklore here.

His goals per minute ratio last season was the second best in the league I believe, behind only Cummings. Can easily see him rattling 20 in if he stays fit.

The two names that consistently keep popping up regarding our Monday signing announcement are Alex Harris and Aiden Connolly. Both in my opinion are pretty uninspiring & underwhelming. Interested in hearing people's thoughts on how many more signings we need, what positions and also what they predict will be the reality. Speculation I know but it's all we've got at the moment.

I think a decent right back is a must. A quality striker and if Sibbald doesn't commit to another year, then a creative midfielder. We will get a striker and Sibbs is my prediction. Don't think Houston thinks right back slot is a problem.

We still need 2 full-backs, 2 strikers and a couple of wide midfielders. Assuming that Houston still goes with his 4-4-2.

What I think we'll end up with though is another centre midfielder, 1 striker and Alex Harris. Possibly a left-back if we sell Gallacher.

I don't think Houston sees right back as a problem which is a bit of a concern. Muirhead does a job there but he gives us nothing going forward and Lewis Kidd should be getting binned this summer. Might be a player in there somewhere but he's definitely not a full-back.