The Falkirk FC Thread

Lee Miller's wife has passed away. Brain tumour. Diagnosed one week ago. Sad news.

Seen the comments on fb. very sad news.

One of the staff from Ffc has commented on it as well as loads of ex-teammates.

Pressley's signed his three year deal. I'm mixed on how I feel about this. He probably deserves a new contract off the back of the 4-5 months we had from August-January, but in his 18 months before that and the second half of this season we've been awful. A three year deal is a very long time for someone with that kind of record. Next season is massive for us, I'm not saying we need to win the league but it will prove decisive in where the club heads over the next few years IMO. I hope it works out for us.

Far too long IMO. Given the tight finances at the club, I don't think we should be giving out 3 year deals to anyone, never mind Pressley. Wasn't he on a rolling contract before? Don't see why we didn't just stick with that. Like Marshmallo says, he's probably only had a good 4-5 months out of his 2 years in charge, so is totally undeserving of this length of contract. It's a gamble, hopefully it pays off...

Pretty happy I guess. Pressley said at the start of the season that he had a 3 season plan, with this year the first. I'll be disappointed if we don't put in a proper challenge next year, but with the state of most clubs and with some of the rumoured signings, I think we'll have a side that's geared to do that.

Edited by Just a bairn

1335443638[/url]' post='6175758']

Pretty happy I guess. Pressley said at the start of the season that he had a 3 season plan, with this year the first. I'll be disappointed if we don't put in a proper challenge next year, but with the state of most clubs and with some of the rumoured signings, I think we'll have a side that's geared to do that.

I agree

Pressley signing that kind of deal (imo) can only be a positive thing. New board in charge etc. Tbh, next seasons aims and expectations are already under way.

One or two astute signings can make the season.

The young lads, (faulds, Sibbald, Fulton etc) will have a years league experience under their belts, and can (hopefully) improve.

Whilst I won't say we will win it, I am confident of top3 finish.

It's all about keeping sensible realisations and financial sensibility for the future.

Oh aye, Elton John concert should improve funding ;)

5th and final preview image is now on the slide show on the official website;

www.falkirkfc.co.uk

FIRST opportunity to see the full home kit AND the fantastic new away strip is on Sunday at the 2012 FFC Fashion Show.

Pictures will then appear on the official site on Sunday evening.

5th and final preview image is now on the slide show on the official website;

www.falkirkfc.co.uk

FIRST opportunity to see the full home kit AND the fantastic new away strip is on Sunday at the 2012 FFC Fashion Show.

Pictures will then appear on the official site on Sunday evening.

Have we been given permission to wear the new strips against Ayr?