The Falkirk FC Thread

Have just seen the Rugby League club St Helens have built a new stadium with safe standing in the two goal stands, the BBC website has an album of pictures of the new stadium (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/16945808) I think it would look great in the East Stand.

Great, now we just need to find a builder to do it for nothing.

Weatherston has signed a new deal. Quite happy with that.

Good stuff. At least it shows we're moving forward in terms of signing players. Heard Dods has been offered terms, so hopefully we can now move in on Farid and McGovern.

Have just seen the Rugby League club St Helens have built a new stadium with safe standing in the two goal stands, the BBC website has an album of pictures of the new stadium (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/16945808) I think it would look great in the East Stand.

That looks like normal terracing and not the more expensive German model.....

The thing tho is if we did have terracing opposite the main stand, most games two of the expensive stands built would not be required......its never easy to balance it, I am resigned to never seeing terracing again at Falkirk

That looks like normal terracing and not the more expensive German model.....

The thing tho is if we did have terracing opposite the main stand, most games two of the expensive stands built would not be required......its never easy to balance it, I am resigned to never seeing terracing again at Falkirk

Hopefully having cheap tickets for standing would increase attendances and that would re-coup any potential losses from empty seats in the expensive stands. I don't have the first clue whether this would work though.

Looking at the Bundesliga and their safe standing terraces I think FFC should move heaven and earth to lobby for safe standing in the East stand, it has the potential to bring a bit of atmosphere back to the stadium and bring back fans who currently can't afford to go to matches. All pie in the sky stuff though.

I'd quite like to see the gazebo back! That was the only reason I could afford to see Falkirk in the first years in the SPL.

I loved the Gazebo as well, one of my fondest memories of the new stadium is the time the Gazebo was rocking when Arnau Riera equalised against Aberdeen to make it 2-2 in a Cup game a few years ago.

I loved the Gazebo as well, one of my fondest memories of the new stadium is the time the Gazebo was rocking when Arnau Riera equalised against Aberdeen to make it 2-2 in a Cup game a few years ago.

Ahh yes, that was also the time I dropped my gloves down the back and the steward told me I couldn't get them dry.gif

Edited by Falkirk-Bairn22

Ryan Millar and El Ally Graham will not be offered contracts for next season. Seems the exodus has begun.

This info was posted on Central fm's webpage, not sure if on fishal site.

On a happier note, Dods has signed a new deal.

1725628734.jpg

Good news, he's had a phenomenal season. I seem to recall a lot of negativity when he signed but I always had faith in the big man. Hopefully we can replace Wallace with a pacey defender to play alongside him.