The Falkirk FC Thread

Yeah I'm sure he was 1 of the 18.

No he was not.

Barclay, Andrews, Boaby, Craig McLeish, Khalis, Brian McLean, BoB, Mitchell, Finnigan, Pedro, McManus, Euen Grant, Bloom, Stallard, Scott Davidson, Grant Santi, Joe McCafferty, and Lewis Bonar were the list of players let go(Copy and Paste as i am a lazy git)

Edited by keithgy

No he was not.

Barclay, Andrews, Boaby, Craig McLeish, Khalis, Brian McLean, BoB, Mitchell, Finnigan, Pedro, McManus, Euen Grant, Bloom, Stallard, Scott Davidson, Grant Santi, Joe McCafferty, and Lewis Bonar were the list of players let go(Copy and Paste as i am a lazy git)

Don't know where I got it from then :lol:

Kieran Duffie would have no problems going elsewhere for moremoney than he is getting at Falkirk. He actually does have potential.

Scobbie doesn't. He's dire. Might end up at Livingston with Hughes.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Scobbie is that bad? He's not good enough for SPL level but he is solid enough for division 1 and I'd be ok with him coming back next season if it was on a massively reduced wage.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Scobbie is that bad? He's not good enough for SPL level but he is solid enough for division 1 and I'd be ok with him coming back next season if it was on a massively reduced wage.

He's better than Kingsley, but given hes probably paid in the region of 5-10 times as much, he should be! We can do better for less money.

He can play whenever we face Dunfermline.

Scobbies a bit of a "meh" player. He's solid enough but is nothing special. We can easy replace him on less than half the wage he was on. I'd be happy for him to come back on a reduced wage. I think H_B could be right though with Scobbie going to Livingston.

We have started arranging pre-season friendlies for next season... no suprise to anyone but it's back upto the Highlands. Playing Turriff United on the 10th of July.

I said as much last week. He's overpaid but he isn't a bad player like O'Brien or Twaddle were. I hope we see him back next season.

I think that's unlikely though. He's probably going on the basis that if he was getting £1500 a week (choke, cough) at Falkirk, he can get that or close to it elsewhere.

I think that's unlikely though. He's probably going on the basis that if he was getting £1500 a week (choke, cough) at Falkirk, he can get that or close to it elsewhere.

While I agree, I don't think he is likely to get close to that anywhere so I would not be that surprised to see him re-sign for us towards the end of August after initally failing to agree terms and leaving.

He is a solid centre half, not stunning but is purely a makeshift left back. I stick up for Tam most weeks but I have said during this season that I would like to see Elvis prove his worth and sign a decent left back for next season

Good luck Tam, may it be Livvy, St Mirren or any other club, there may even be interest down south

I would love Tam Scobbie to be the 1st name on the bench each week! He's obviously not the best player in the world and, I'm sure, knows that himself. But he always gives 100% and never hides. I'd like to see better players in the team but certainly wouldn't be against him as back up.

I think he will leave and Livingston's a good shout. Yogi will probably be given a little leeway regarding money for new signings and will of course want to continue the remit of bringing through their academy players. :rolleyes: He's already tried to get McBride FFS!

As others have stated, he's a decent player at this level. I'd happily keep him next season if it's on slightly reduced terms.

Meadowbank would seem like a logical move for him. But could they afford him on his current or better wages? A 3rd administration brought on by overspending on players of Scobbie's calibre would be hilarious.

Tam's a decent defender for this level, but seems wasted at left back. His crossing is quite poor and he's slower than a week in the jail, which is a severe disadvantage with the way Elvis likes to use his full backs.

Perhaps Kris or someone else who's keeping track of assist stats could tell me how many assists Scobbie has this season? I'd be interested to see just how many Scobbie crosses have resulted in goals.

I'll wish him the best where ever he goes, he's left us with some

But could you imagine a dream team of Scobbie, O'Brien and McBride at Livi? Here's hoping laugh.gif

Yes please, he's rank.

Yet I've seen him score twice, and both were against you (the first of which confirmed our place in Europe for the first time ever). Cheers!

Edited by Disco Duck

Dont know about his wages but yes he's better than some are protraying him. Forza Tam