The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Was the performance of Harris acceptable today?

no it wasnt but equally it doesnt mean he should be singled out and burned at the stake. only pass marks as has been stated by most were loy hippo and fash.

4 minutes ago, spratte said:

no it wasnt but equally it doesnt mean he should be singled out and burned at the stake. only pass marks as has been stated by most were loy hippo and fash.

He's been singled out because his performance today was exactly what we were told before we signed him. Shitebag who goes missing in big games and lacks confidence and that's what we got. 

I'm still fucking seething at that last sub today.

I was exactly the same, and tbh really hacked off with all 3. It was blatant we had completely lost the center of midfield yet Taiwo, who'd have at least put a challenge in, is nowhere to be seen.

The sub of Harris for Shepps put the tin lid on it for me. We needed grit so we bring on a forward to play RM [emoji29]

3 minutes ago, bairnabeau said:

I was exactly the same, and tbh really hacked off with all 3. It was blatant we had completely lost the center of midfield yet Taiwo, who'd have at least put a challenge in, is nowhere to be seen.

The sub of Harris for Shepps put the tin lid on it for me. We needed grit so we bring on a forward to play RM emoji29.png

TBF, Shepherd did more when he came on than Harris had. For a start he beat his man, put a cross in and should have had a penalty.

3 minutes ago, bairnabeau said:

The sub of Harris for Shepps put the tin lid on it for me. We needed grit so we bring on a forward to play RM emoji29.png

Why bring on Lee Miller against two giant centre backs too. At the start of the game we gave them serious problems with the ball on the deck playing it into the channels. We got nothing from high balls all game. Taiwo craigen and o'hara should've got a run out.

The sub of Harris for Shepps put the tin lid on it for me. We needed grit so we bring on a forward to play RM [emoji29]

Calling Shepherd a forward is stretching it a bit.

I think the first sub was fair enough I would've preferred O'Hara but looks like Miller will be Houstons go to 3rd choice striker but Shepherd on instead of Craigen was just fucking mental then that last fucking sub he was going to being on O'Hara then changed it to Gasparotto with the red card but to take off our main goal scoring threat made no sense at all. I still probably would've brought on Gasparotto but taken off Gallagher and went to a back 3. Quite what he thought a partnership of Shepherd and Miller was going to achieve is something I'll never understand.

Completely agree Craigen should have been on at right mid. If he is intent on playing Shepps play him as a striker. That isn't going to do the boys confidence any good at all.
And that today was crying out for Tommy T all day long as for Luca at right back stone the f*cking crows

He's been singled out because his performance today was exactly what we were told before we signed him. Shitebag who goes missing in big games and lacks confidence and that's what we got. 

So you write him off after one poor show. Just like craigen last year.
Look at Reilly today written off by the world yet turned up big time.
You're far too quick to judge imo but it'd be shit boring if we all agreed.
So go have your day in the sun you've been waiting all summer for it

Completely agree Craigen should have been on at right mid. If he is intent on playing Shepps play him as a striker. That isn't going to do the boys confidence any good at all.
And that today was crying out for Tommy T all day long as for Luca at right back stone the f*cking crows

Craigen, although he can cross a ball, is never a right midfielder.

18 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Craigen, although he can cross a ball, is never a right midfielder.

No but then if your supposed first choice winger isn't going to bother trying to take on the full back then your as well having someone that can at least cross and make a pass.

6 minutes ago, McG said:

Unlucky the day lads, you got pumped.

He's some player that Reilly, managing to score 2 goals despite not touching the ball for one of them and looking as confused as anyone else while the announcer excitedly credited him with it.

Hounding a confidence player will certainly help IMO. 

Well, if he's the mental lightweight that he's made out to be it'll be a long, hard season for him and subsequently us. It's up to Houston to help him grow a backbone and accept praise when due and, equally, criticism when due.