The Falkirk FC Thread

Whilst he did win the league cup with county he has pissed a lot of Roys millions down the drain over the past few seasons.  Fortunately roys cash has allowed him to bring in virtually entire new teams in January to get them out of the hole his summer signings have got them in.   His record with dunfermline in the top flight was pretty dire and he won promotion in a pretty mediocre championship with only 70 points the same number we came second with to sevco.  I'd be pretty gutted if we ended up with him considering some of the others that are available.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Naysmith would be a seriously weird appointment. He's hardly pulled up any trees in either of his managerial roles, and has certainly shown nothing that would suggest he'd be a good appointment for a side with promotion aspirations.
He's also signed Alan Martin and Andy Stirling who starred for us, and turned them into mush. That suggests he isn't a fantastic man manager too.

Can a mod delete this please incase any of the hiring team from Falkirk read it?

It seems that if there is such a thing as a P&B FFC consensus then it has to be Hartley.

Also as long as there is no follow up questions or demands of proof I have it from what I consider to be a very reliable source that Coyle not interested in the job and keen to continue coaching down south.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought he came across well. He spoke well of our club, fans and players.

He didn't really answer about Kerr/Take as you said but to be fair he was never going to put the boot in. 

If it's Aitken or Naysmith I think I will cry. Hopefully a compensation payment for either rules them both out.

I agree with you, I thought he was very respectful towards the club.

It was good to hear supportive messages for him as well from fans.

Detected a bit of annoyance when asked about the Kerr- Taiwo partnership though.

He seemed to accept his time had come, whilst being proud of his time in charge.

Think McCall has been mentioned few people feel he has unfinished business with us,  personally i think we can do better, Hartley or Coyle  are the general consensus in saying that we dont know who else has put there names forward there could be some from down south interested whilst doubtful its always possible.

McCall would be an awful choice given his recent track record is pretty much getting Ayr promoted via the playoffs, getting relegated straight down despite using having Locke and Hughes as managers, before spending the majority of this season greeting about injuries to the press. 

I'd say Hartley would be a good shout for Falkirk. No return for Pressley? 

I think I said it on here previously but I found Houston's recruitment policy rather curious for a former scout. His ignorance of certain players was evident on Sportsound on more than one occasion and it seemed to me that he solely signed players released from Scottish clubs. I suppose in a way the fact he managed to create a very competitive team from others' cast offs is actually a feather in his cap.

I wouldn't have thought it'd be right for McIntyre to dive back in immediately; not that I rate him particularly highly in any case.

If Aitken keeps Dumbarton up again this season, his stock will be as high as it'll ever be but I can't see him getting a move at the minute. Naysmith would be a pretty bizarre appointment but I do seem to recall him being rather undeservedly linked to jobs when at East Fife.

Coyle's head is up his arse if he thinks he walks into a Championship job given his recent history. He's destined for the murky backwaters of League 1.

Hartley would seem like a good fit but I suspect others will be linked in the coming days and I'm not wholly convinced that he won't get the County gig.

Has Jackie McNamara (illegally) boarded a train yet...?