The Falkirk FC Thread

Nothing particularly new from Houston on sportsound. Said he was told last season that the board wanted to save any cash for next season, but that turned out to not happen. Spoke very highly of Falkirk in general and wished the club the best. He did, however, give a shit answer as to why he persisted with Kerr and Taiwo. Also mentioned that Hartley and McIntyre would be a good fit for us but didn't endorse anyone in particular. 

Edited by Just a bairn

Naysmith would be a seriously weird appointment. He's hardly pulled up any trees in either of his managerial roles, and has certainly shown nothing that would suggest he'd be a good appointment for a side with promotion aspirations.

He's also signed Alan Martin and Andy Stirling who starred for us, and turned them into mush. That suggests he isn't a fantastic man manager too.

14 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Nothing particularly new from Houston on sportsound. Said he was told last season that the board wanted to save any cash for next season, but that turned out to not happen. Spoke very highly of Falkirk in general and wished the club the best. He did, however, give a shit answer as to why he persisted with Kerr and Taiwo. Also mentioned that Hartley and McIntyre would be a good fit for us but didn't endorse anyone in particular. 

I thought he came across well. He spoke well of our club, fans and players.

He didn't really answer about Kerr/Take as you said but to be fair he was never going to put the boot in. 

If it's Aitken or Naysmith I think I will cry. Hopefully a compensation payment for either rules them both out.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Naysmith would be a seriously weird appointment. He's hardly pulled up any trees in either of his managerial roles, and has certainly shown nothing that would suggest he'd be a good appointment for a side with promotion aspirations.

He's also signed Alan Martin and Andy Stirling who starred for us, and turned them into mush. That suggests he isn't a fantastic man manager too.

Agree with your point, but Martin's mushness is possibly more to do with him playing when injured. Of course, if that is the case, it would do Naysmith no favours either.

Would be amazed if Falkirk went for him. The only reason would be if Falkirk have become a bit like Dundee were with Chisholm, thinking he must be performing miracles keeping us 6th in the league.

Naysmith has a 2 year contract at Queens so would cost you a lot in comp.
You could get far better than Naysmith for free !!!

Genuine question, how would the Falkirk support take to the appointment of McIntyre - a managerial winner at this level with the Pars, and scorer of a legendary goal in 2007 (for the Pars). Or would you just skip to the winning of a major domestic trophy and ignore the other history? I will lose a bit of faith in humanity and a piece of my soul should he be appointed - maybe that'll be a little bit of solace for you.

3 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Genuine question, how would the Falkirk support take to the appointment of McIntyre - a managerial winner at this level with the Pars, and scorer of a legendary goal in 2007 (for the Pars). Or would you just skip to the winning of a major domestic trophy and ignore the other history? I will lose a bit of faith in humanity and a piece of my soul should he be appointed - maybe that'll be a little bit of solace for you.

Could he win this league without buying players with money he doesn't have?