The Falkirk FC Thread

Seeing as the season is 'finished', I thought I would take a wee look at who might/might not be here next season. Players only. ;)

Looking at Ned's post in the squad lists thread (I tried quoting it, but it came out a right mess), we've got a fair few out of contract at the seasons end.

'Keepers

Robert Olejnik

Jamie Barclay

Michael Andrews

So that's err, 3/3 goalkeepers out of contract.

Defenders

Brian McLean

Marc Twaddle

Chris Mitchell

James Bloom

Mehdi Khalis (?)

Ross Perry (Loan Ends)

Midfielders

Burton O'Brien

Forwards

Mark Stewart

Pedro Moutinho

Tam McManus

Carl Finnigan

Stewart Murdoch has broken through to the first team recently, but I'm not sure when his contract expires, does anyone know?

But, as it stands, we'll have nae 'keepers or strikers next season. Are there any of those that are leaving, that we should be looking to keep?

Personally, I'd try and keep one of the young 'Keepers, Stewart, Finnigan, Twaddle & McLean - unfortunately in his case, I'd imagine we might be looking to get rid as I would think he'd be on one of the highest wages. But, hopefully it will be the end of Olejnik, Mitchell & O'Brien in a Falkirk shirt.

Over to you...

Seeing as the season is 'finished', I thought I would take a wee look at who might/might not be here next season. Players only. ;)

Looking at Ned's post in the squad lists thread (I tried quoting it, but it came out a right mess), we've got a fair few out of contract at the seasons end.

'Keepers

Robert Olejnik

Jamie Barclay

Michael Andrews

Defenders

Brian McLean

James Bloom

Forwards

Mark Stewart

Pedro Moutinho

Tam McManus

Keep them if we can.

EDIT: I accidentally didn't delete Mitchell.

Edited by Marshmallo

Yep he signed a 2 year deal.

:angry:

He needs to sort out his attitude on the pitch then. He picked up another booking yesterday because of his mouth. Also if he would maybe try and pass to someone in a blue shirt now and then it would be a bonus.

A poor Paddy Cregg and I was not his biggest fan either.

'Keepers

Robert Olejnik*

Jamie Barclay%

Michael Andrews$

So that's err, 3/3 goalkeepers out of contract.

Defenders

Brian McLean*

Marc Twaddle

Chris Mitchell

James Bloom%

Mehdi Khalis (?)

Ross Perry (Loan Ends)

Midfielders

Burton O'Brien

Forwards

Mark Stewart*

Pedro Moutinho*

Tam McManus*

Carl Finnigan

* - I wouldnt mind If we kept them

% - get them playing now playing for a contract

$ - Keep if Barclay aint up to it

I dont know if we can get Bloom back or his loan is up pre the season ending but I would get him there now, he cant be worse than Twaddle whom I am sure he has another year, I do recall it was a three year deal of which I am sure it was rumoured that the fee to Partick was getting paid in yearly installments

I cant see Pedro staying, tho stranger things have happened even tho he hasnt been firing all cylinders this time so far I wouldnt mind him getting a pre season and starting as our main striker, McManus deal with a one year and keep him hungry, Stewart whom has me pulling my hair out....yesterday but still is passable at this level and I cant see McLean sticking around

As I have said elsewhere, we need a complete clear out, its a pity we cant get rid of some the contracted players so easily tho...

Whilst we can still technically win the league without relying on others, I think we all know we're a stick-on for 3rd and our season is pretty much over.

Given the ability to clear out our squad and start again, who would you keep?

For me, MacLean at lower wages, Compton, Flynn and Stewart are about it. At a push, McManus and Duffie as cover.

Sadly it's unlikely that there'll be much change.

Whilst we can still technically win the league without relying on others, I think we all know we're a stick-on for 3rd and our season is pretty much over.

Given the ability to clear out our squad and start again, who would you keep?

For me, MacLean at lower wages, Compton, Flynn and Stewart are about it. At a push, McManus and Duffie as cover.

Sadly it's unlikely that there'll be much change.

Flynn still has another year on his deal to go.

Michael Andrews

Kieran Duffie

Brian McLean

James Bloom

Stewart Murdoch

Ryan Flynn

Jack Compton

Mark Stewart

Tam McManus

Carl Finnigan - though I think I'm pretty much in the very small minority here.

That's pretty much who I'd like to see us keep on next season.

Edit:

If we still have O'Brien and/or Mitchell next season then I'll cry. A lot.

Edited by Russ