The Falkirk FC Thread

So excited.

This is part of my fear for next season to be honest. Given the number of ins/outs expected and given we are expecting so much from south of the border, there is a distinct danger that we take a long period of the year to gel as a team and get the players up to the speed/physicality of the league. Someone like Hardie, or even better Dobbie, would go a long way to helping us settle next season imo. Doesn't diminish the fact that the summer transfer window will be great viewing though. Im excited to see what gems we can pluck from lower league obscurity down south.

This is part of my fear for next season to be honest. Given the number of ins/outs expected and given we are expecting so much from south of the border, there is a distinct danger that we take a long period of the year to gel as a team and get the players up to the speed/physicality of the league. Someone like Hardie, or even better Dobbie, would go a long way to helping us settle next season imo. Doesn't diminish the fact that the summer transfer window will be great viewing though. Im excited to see what gems we can pluck from lower league obscurity down south.

Yeah we would definitely be able to get Dobbie, definitely.

Yeah we would definitely be able to get Dobbie, definitely.

Saying I'd like Dobbie doesn't mean I think we'd necessarily be able to sign him. Truth is nobody other than the management team will know what calibre of player we could actually afford to attract this summer. There is going to be a whole lot of bonkers speculation between now and the start of next season.

I see Vigurs won POTY at Inverness. I'd be looking for us to take more advantage of the English market but signing a guy from a contender in that sort of form would be a huge improvement on taking rejects like Harris. If we signed eg Vigurs, Hardie, Halkett and Byrne then it's a good solid start before looking South. 

Saying I'd like Dobbie doesn't mean I think we'd necessarily be able to sign him. Truth is nobody other than the management team will know what Calibre of player we could actually afford to attract this summer. There is going to be a whole lot of bonkers speculation between now and the start of next season.

Okay on that basis then I’d like Cristiano Ronaldo.

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

Okay on that basis then I’d like Cristiano Ronaldo.

I can get wide with the best of them but think you're being a bit harsh, I read it as if we can get a proven player at this level we'd not need to worry about them hitting the ground running. 

In saying that, it didn't really work for Rory Loy. 

I can get wide with the best of them but think you're being a bit harsh, I read it as if we can get a proven player at this level we'd not need to worry about them hitting the ground running. 

Yeah fair enough I’ve just seen the ‘like Hardie’ etc. Your point about Loy still stands though.

I see Vigurs won POTY at Inverness. I'd be looking for us to take more advantage of the English market but signing a guy from a contender in that sort of form would be a huge improvement on taking rejects like Harris. If we signed eg Vigurs, Hardie, Halkett and Byrne then it's a good solid start before looking South. 
A core of proven high end performers in the league you are trying to get out of is crucial to acheiving it IMO. You can then take your chances at supplementing them with guys like Jak who have the raw talent to succeed at higher level, and hope that they can shine. Relying on finding the diamond in the rough is a gamble, which can be lessened by having guys who know the score.

That is exactly the point I was making. Vigurs would also at the least be a sign of intent from the management. He is imo a better calibre of player than we have had in the midfield since the vaulks/mcgrandles etc era.

6 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

That is exactly the point I was making. Vigurs would also at the least be a sign of intent from the management. He is imo a better calibre of player than we have had in the midfield since the vaulks/mcgrandles etc era.

If we're going with a midfield three then Vigurs and Sibbald next to a workhorse or destroyer looks cracking to me. Not sure if we could realistically get him but Buaben is leaving Hearts, he'd be a good fit with two guys who are better on the ball. 

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You guys winning the league next year then?

See how the summer goes eh. I think it could be tight between ourselves, Dunfermline, Dundee United, potentially the relegated team(s) and yourselves. I'd imagine Livi will get picked apart. We've definitely got the most work to do between now and August, but hopefully targets have already been identified in the background.