The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or you could say those believing the deadline was not missed will believe any bullshit.

I am in the camp an error was made.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t be shy. Ask a Director. After all they are always straight with the supporters.

Where do you stand with the “biggest budget ever in the championship” statement?

IE "I don't know"

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or you could say those believing the deadline was not missed will believe any bullshit.

I am in the camp an error was made.

Has it been mentioned anywhere else apart from on here? If so then maybe there is some truth to it (onef doesn't count). :lol:

IE "I don't know"

I believe the club made an error. Heard it from too many now including people close to him.

Backing that up was why go through the hassle of last summer forcing the lad to sign including an option to protect our right to a fee and a few months later see him go for nothing if you were in a place to sign him again on the same money. Doesn’t add up that bit.

Hartley said on more than one occasion that Sibbs was his main man and wanted him. Is he telling porkies?

It is no surprise Sibbs wanted to leave, he wanted to go last summer. He signed a deal with an option however to effectively do two seasons provided we wanted him and we administrated it correctly.

If we made an error I would much rather we admitted that than try and make it out Sibbs wanted away, as I said we all knew that anyway.

Do I think someone should get hunted for it? Not really mistakes happen. Just be straight about it. Too much flannel been dished out over the years which has lead to a support divided and pretty cynical.

There was no error made. PH said time and again that the contract option would only be taken up if Sibbald wanted to stay, as there was no point forcing a player to stay. And let's be honest, noone would have paid a transfer fee equivalent to a year's contract. Hardly anyone wanted him, hence ending up at Livi, on less money, at least according to their fans.

Also if Sibbald was free to move on because the club missed the deadline why would there be an undisclosed fee involved in the transfer to Livingston? 
I have no idea how transfers work but it all just seems a bit fantasy land the club missed the deadline.
Is it not a fee for the training of the player? That sounds more likely than an actual transfer fee?

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:
3 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:
Also if Sibbald was free to move on because the club missed the deadline why would there be an undisclosed fee involved in the transfer to Livingston? 
I have no idea how transfers work but it all just seems a bit fantasy land the club missed the deadline.

Is it not a fee for the training of the player? That sounds more likely than an actual transfer fee?

Ah cheers younsaved my post.  I have no idea how contracts work to be fair.

I'm just not going to believe something bacause someone said it on social media. 

I've always wondered why no-one ever came in for Sibbald, giving all the lauding of his ability on here over the years by you lot.

I log out for a few days, expecting to see some decent new things being talked about when I came back. But we're back to Sibbald for the third day.
f**k me, we really need a signing.
We need at least three, or we'll still be talking about the midfield version of Kieron Duffie come the start of the season.

Just to add to today’s riveting discussions pending an ‘imminent’[emoji16] signing, our pitch rated 25th of 42 with 2.85 out of 5 by professional players.
Reasonable for an artificial pitch given all the ridiculous statements re injuries etc?

Sibbs wanted away and we can't blame him, he needs change to re-invigorate his career. Hartley has repeatedly said he only wants players here who want to be at the club. His promotion winning Dundee side and Alloa were stuffed full of players who would run through walls for him - just like the Livi squad of last season.  

Invoking an extension could have led to a pissed-off Sibbs possibly causing disruption in the dressing room at the start of the season. We can't afford a slow start so let him go with the club's blessing and let Hartley bring in his own man.

I've always wondered why no-one ever came in for Sibbald, giving all the lauding of his ability on here over the years by you lot.

Both PH and Houstie before him have both said they didn’t realise how good a player he was till they worked with him. So I can see why other fans maybe don’t appreciate his ability.

It is disappointing he has gone but not the end of the world.

I predict a signing today.

Thinking about it, if there were 6 contracts offers out last Thursday, perhaps some took the weekend to decide.

Then yesterday they accepted.

Last night/today they will fly up and get medical/pics taken

So by around 4pm ish it will be annouced.

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just to add to today’s riveting discussions pending an ‘imminent’emoji16.png signing, our pitch rated 25th of 42 with 2.85 out of 5 by professional players.
Reasonable for an artificial pitch given all the ridiculous statements re injuries etc?

What was the highest artificial pitch?

Why do so many of you have "Bairn" in your username?
Is it due to an inexplicable level of pride in your club's nickname, or just a distinct lack of imagination?

Imagination should reflect individuality. All the “Bairns” stuff does that well enough.
I would say adopting an oft repeated Steve Coogan punch line (for example) would certainly be an indicator of a lack of imagination. No such problems with the adoption of “Bairn”.