The Falkirk FC Thread

Finally got round to changing club calendar today and was greeted with a picture of Sibbald. One of many to have left the club that feature. The ray of sunshine is the person that is Mr July, so fingers crossed the trend continues.

If this forum is anything to go by then a Hartley solo calendar would fly off the shelves.

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its still the middle of nowhere though.  To get foreign players to stay there you've got to be offering them a fair whack as there's feck all to do. 

David N'Gog and Chris Eagles apparently earned close to £100k, each, from their few month long deals at the end of last season.. 

Expect huge whataboutery from County fans on the subject though, especially in January when they're struggling and they go out and sign ten top flight players. Apparently its completely sustainable and McGregor has it all figured out. 

David N'Gog and Chris Eagles apparently earned close to £100k, each, from their few month long deals at the end of last season.. 
Expect huge whataboutery from County fans on the subject though, especially in January when they're struggling and they go out and sign ten top flight players. Apparently its completely sustainable and McGregor has it all figured out. 
Think we have already peaked with the links to Amsterdam oatter tbh

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Unsustainable or not, slightly jealous that County have someone willing to put their hand in their pocket without looking for every penny back. We can but dream....

That's fine until he looks at the latest million pound debt that needs written off and thinks, nah, f*ck it. Then you don't have a club.

You would think fans and chairmen alike would learn from the mistakes of Motherwell and Gretna, Livi twice and Dundee however many times they have done it.

That's fine until he looks at the latest million pound debt that needs written off and thinks, nah, f*ck it. Then you don't have a club.
You would think fans and chairmen alike would learn from the mistakes of Motherwell and Gretna, Livi twice and Dundee however many times they have done it.

I get the impression, from his previous actions, he only puts in (and then rights off) what he can afford.

I’m not asking our guys to put the club in danger but if they are serious about trying to get us out this league, then like previous years we have went up, we need to put a chunk onto the budget to help that.

Sorry but at least 2 of our board can afford to put into our club and not demand it back at the 1st opportunity.

29 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Mon tae f**k Bairns, 2 weeks till preseason training. Even though I know it doesn't matter till then I want a signing now

Many have you got signed up so far?

We only have 4. McKinnon is a week into the job, we really need a few signings this week!

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Sod that. Overspending is no barrier to success. Remind me what league Livi and Dundee are playing in now? Splash the cash, get some good players in, entertain the fans, win promotion and give us all a reason to get excited again on a Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Sod that. Overspending is no barrier to success. Remind me what league Livi and Dundee are playing in now? Splash the cash, get some good players in, entertain the fans, win promotion and give us all a reason to get excited again on a Saturday. 

Remind me what league Livi and Dundee ended in after overspending and being unable to pay it back? Remind me where Gretna ended up after the boy bankrolling the overspend died? Where did Rangers end up when they couldn't pay what they owed?

I'm all for putting a competitive team on the park, but it can't be done at the expense of the clubs future.

7 minutes ago, madton said:

Many have you got signed up so far?

We only have 4. McKinnon is a week into the job, we really need a few signings this week!

We've got 14 (I think) players I'd consider as first team but 3 of those I think we'd all want rid of (Loy, Shepherd and Harris) and 1 is a young keeper who should probably be loaned out. Assuming they all leave we're likely looking at bringing in up to 10 players for the first team squad supported by the (remaining) youth players.

So there's a lot of work to be done, I think we're all reasonably confident that Hartley and co know what they're doing but I'll admit i'm fairly nervous about the season ahead purely because of all the unknowns.