The Falkirk FC Thread

So if you had the chance to go to a big Champions League game(say the final if it was at Hampden), and it blew your mind, you wouldn't comment on it?

I would, but then I'm not picking up a wage and turning in below par performances for my club on a weekly basis. I don't have a major issue with the activity in itself, but I can see why some Falkirk fans are upset that our players seem more excited about going to watch other teams than they are about pulling on a Falkirk shirt on a Saturday.

Edit to say that the player who took the most stick is actually one of the few who do put 100% in every week which is disappointing.

Edited by Hughsie

I wish Falkirk, Dunfermline and Partick would just be invited into the SPL tbh. The three of us are too big for this league.

Disagree, you have to have a strong group of big clubs to feed into the big league, otherwise you'd end up with utter dross being promoted.

I would, but then I'm not picking up a wage and turning in below par performances for my club on a weekly basis.

Edit to say that the player who took the most stick is actually one of the few who do put 100% in every week which is disappointing.

Make up your mind. Is he putting in below par performances or 100% every week?

Football players are football supporters too. I bet very few of the current SFL1 players supported the team they play for. It doesn't stop them playing well

Fans should criticise them for the 90 minutes they put on the pitch on a Saturday. Not what they do in their own time.

Nothing wrong with going and enjoying yourself as a neutral but the enthusiasm some of our players are showing about going to see Celtic on a regular basis when they do not seem so enthusiastic about performing for their own club is quite disappointing Flynn and Leahy are at it as well and going by some of their tweets, they seem to be much more excited about going to games at Parkhead than they do playing for Falkirk on a Saturday.

Make up your mind. Is he putting in below par performances or 100% every week?

Football players are football supporters too. I bet very few of the current SFL1 players supported the team they play for. It doesn't stop them playing well

Fans should criticise them for the 90 minutes they put on the pitch on a Saturday. Not what they do in their own time.

To clarify, this discussion involves more than one player. Some of those, I feel are putting in below par performances, whereas one in particular has been giving his all and probably doesn't deserve the stick the others are getting. Hope that clears it up.

The rest of that post is missing the point completely. I'm fully aware that most (if not all) of Falkirk's team don't support Falkirk - but perhaps it would be an idea to keep a lid on that when the club who are paying your wages haven't won a home match all season.

Can I just say, for all those greeting about me closing the Raith match thread, calm the f**k down lads. I thought the thread was finished, chill out.

The thread is finished when people stop replying and it slips down the board. wink.gif

Seemed a bit like toys being thrown out the pram.