The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone reckon there's any chance of more signing (s)?
Or are we done til Jan? 
Maybe another cheeky loan?
I think there may be 1 more especially if we offload the likes of Harris, sheps and McKee.

Problem I have is I don't know what position we'd really need another player in for

All of them ? [emoji6]
If I had one to pick I'd say striker. That's where the biggest difference can be made by 1 player. 
[emoji23]

I agree but I want to see more of the partnerships we already have. Would like to see lewis/Haber, Mackin/Lewis and Haber/Mackin to see what we really have up top. My biggest gripe as we don't really know what we have up top already

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I think there may be 1 more especially if we offload the likes of Harris, sheps and McKee.

Problem I have is I don't know what position we'd really need another player in for

Right back is the priority. I can't believe after all these years we're still playing it out short to Muirhead ffs. 

Right back is the priority. I can't believe after all these years we're still playing it out short to Muirhead ffs. 
I still think McGhee is our best option at right back and he is good at it, however, a back up would be handy. Not sure if that's a wage wasted though

Well yesterday was disappointing but this needs more time to evolve and gel as a team. 

I do think Hartley will be wishing there is quite a few there that he never signed, Turner an obvious one and gut feeling is he doesn't like Sammut (obviously very early days with him).

My worry is he seemed to sign a lot of players then tried to think about how to fit them in instead of knowing how he wants to play and signing players to play in that system. I'm also flabbergasted we still don't have proper right back.  Hartley knew right away it was a problem and signed Tumilty but is willing to go into this season with the same old problem.

Anyway a turnover of this magnitude needs to be given time. Not sure how much time though!

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

Whilst I was disappointed with the result and the performance it was fascinating watching just how angry Paton is and how quickly he can erupt. Although on the two occasions that angered him I thought he had won the ball fairly. My prediction is a scrap between him and Muirhead at some point. Muirhead shouting at another player not to fucking pass to him was also amusing. He also a ball of rage.

As much as the main stand gets criticised and often rightly so, I thought I heard a wee boo coming from the south stand yesterday and a few negative shouts, maybe misheard and happy to be corrected. Could have been directed at ref.

As much as the main stand gets criticised and often rightly so, I thought I heard a wee boo coming from the south stand yesterday and a few negative shouts, maybe misheard and happy to be corrected. Could have been directed at ref.

There was some booing at the end from the South but it was very few doing it. I actually thought the support was patient yesterday and gave the team good backing which Hartley alluded to in his post match interview.

Had a night to sleep on yesterday and on reflection whilst yesterdays result wasn't what is required I think we will be okay. Has to play 2 up top though whether it be Haber/Mackin or Haber/Lewis but they have to play as a 2. Also McGhee at RB and Robson or Brough at LB.

I still think McGhee is our best option at right back and he is good at it, however, a back up would be handy. Not sure if that's a wage wasted though

McGhee can do a job at right-back, but he's wasted there. He should be a fixture at centre-half with another paired around him. We need a first choice recognised right-back, something that we unbelievably haven't had for years, with Kidd as back-up.

McGhee can do a job at right-back, but he's wasted there. He should be a fixture at centre-half with another paired around him. We need a first choice recognised right-back, something that we unbelievably haven't had for years, with Kidd as back-up.
I disagree with McGhee at centre back. Personally I think he'd be a liability due to his liking to run out with the ball. You can do that in a 3 man defence but not if your playing 2 at CB. For me RB will be his best position for us as it lets him get forward