The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Scally's time at the club was success after success for us. Describing the teams of 2-3 years ago as "a host of diddies" doesn't make a lick of sense either. 

I'll clarify. The players left after we had let the good ones go were a host of diddies. Did we get promoted and I missed it? 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

I'll clarify. The players left after we had let the good ones go were a host of diddies. Did we get promoted and I missed it? 

So we are in trouble because we sometimes in the last ten years have replaced good players with not so good players? Apart from when we replaced not so good players with good players, and then we weren't in trouble? 

This is great insight as always. 

Saw a quote from an article about that Ritchie guy before of :-
"In short, if the players hate it, however beneficial any exercise could be, he won’t be forcing them to do it."
He seems to have some pedigree but we are definitely not a fit side compared to others. 

He stopped the players going to the gym (which then left it redundant bar players coming back from injury). He’s an idiot and best gone.

20 minutes ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:
Any line up containing Petravicius or Paton should be roundly laughed at. We need to get energy of some sort in midfield. 
Against Ayr if players are fit I'd go with
Keeper
Kidd Muirhead McGhee Robson
Greenwood Irving McKee Russell
Haber Rudden
Every player there with the exception of Rudden has displayed competence at least at Championship level or better. It's got right footed players on the right and left footed players on the left. We need some sort of solidity between now and January and I think that team gives us that. 

Not a bad team but I just don't rate Kidd. He's ridiculously slow and it's not like he's strong to make up for it

Interestingly not a single one of the Mitch The Superscout’s stars in the starting line up. That speaks volumes.

23 minutes ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:
Any line up containing Petravicius or Paton should be roundly laughed at. We need to get energy of some sort in midfield. 
Against Ayr if players are fit I'd go with
Keeper
Kidd Muirhead McGhee Robson
Greenwood Irving McKee Russell
Haber Rudden
Every player there with the exception of Rudden has displayed competence at least at Championship level or better. It's got right footed players on the right and left footed players on the left. We need some sort of solidity between now and January and I think that team gives us that. 

Not a bad team but I just don't rate Kidd. He's ridiculously slow and it's not like he's strong to make up for it

....but unfortunately, it most definitely is a bad team. It’s just an impossibility to pick a starting eleven that isn’t a bad team. Not every player is bad by any means, but collectively, sheesh.

36 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Davie Weir? Lets not forget we had latapy and stainrod at the ends of their careers whilst weir was 26 and hitting his prime years. Certainly cant remember barcelona being interested in weir.

Davie Weir got a ton of Scotland caps and played multiple years in England s top division after leaving us.

He's by some distance the best player Falkirk have had in the past 30 years in my view. 

That doesn't mean he can flick the ball over someone's head and lash it in the top corner 

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

So we are in trouble because we sometimes in the last ten years have replaced good players with not so good players? Apart from when we replaced not so good players with good players, and then we weren't in trouble? 

This is great insight as always. 

So we replaced Latapy with.. 

Sibbald with... 

Vaulks with... 

Taylor with.. 

Alston with... 

Farid with... 

Leahy with... 

Every one of them was the best player at that position and pretty much every one replaced with players far worse than them. 

Spin it anyway you want, Marshy we've been in this league 10 years and we've been progressively worse each and every year. This has only been polished over by the above players. We have failed to replace Leahy, Vaulks, Sibbald and Alston. Do you disagree, are these players we have replaced with as good, if not better?

Going to go and see the reserves tomorrow. Hope Rudden get's a bit of game time so I can get a look at him.

Hope McKinnon is there so I can wish him the best of luck, he is going to need it.

I’d imagine he’ll be playing for Rangers reserves tomorrow rather than ours.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

So we replaced Latapy with.. 

Sibbald with... 

Vaulks with... 

Taylor with.. 

Alston with... 

Farid with... 

Leahy with... 

Every one of them was the best player at that position and pretty much every one replaced with players far worse than them. 

Spin it anyway you want, Marshy we've been in this league 10 years and we've been progressively worse each and every year. This has only been polished over by the above players. We have failed to replace Leahy, Vaulks, Sibbald and Alston. Do you disagree, are these players we have replaced with as good, if not better?

The team that finished second behind Rangers was not worse than any of the Pressley teams and it's laughable to suggest otherwise. 

54 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The team that finished second behind Rangers was not worse than any of the Pressley teams and it's laughable to suggest otherwise. 

Same net result. 10 years of diddies and failures. 

We've had poor teams and we've had average teams with some very good players sprinkled through them. 

In ten years for trying, all we have done is fail to get out this league. There is nothing good nor excellent about that. It's ten years of failure and anyone arguing otherwise nerds looking at. 

Edited by DeeBairn

28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

"we've been progressively worse each and every year" 

Yup, certainly got that wrong, and I apologise. I'm not wrong on the ten years of failure or the replacing good players wih worse, time and time again.

he's also appalling in the air and if you watch him is lucky if he gets six inches off the ground when he jumps. I don't get the defence of him on here by some in the past 2 years. even the Ross county fans singled him out as our weak link again yesterday. if you are going to be that slow you need to be brilliant at everything else.

who would I have at right back instead? Russell or McGhee.

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

he's also appalling in the air and if you watch him is lucky if he gets six inches off the ground when he jumps. I don't get the defence of him on here by some in the past 2 years. even the Ross county fans singled him out as our weak link again yesterday. if you are going to be that slow you need to be brilliant at everything else.

who would I have at right back instead? Russell or McGhee.

Kidd can get into midfield. He's less aggravating than Paton, by a long mile.