The Falkirk FC Thread

Will be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold come next summer. Two seasons of supposed promotion bids have been backed by the fans and it now looks like both have been sold to fans under false pretences. Another relegation battle looms and it wouldnt surprise me in the least to see fans finally saying enoughs enough as this board stumbles from one humiliating screw up to the next. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

58 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Look, it’s far more likely that the gap will continue to grow (albeit at a slower rate). Most of the other teams are clearly NOT as bad as us. In fact, I doubt that any of them are.

Yes, we hope the only way is up, but unfortunately, it’s not. The QotS game clearly demonstrated that most of the current squad are well capable of turning in performances that would see us lose every single game.

If this squad is to be real league challengers, then January and next summer are going to require a player turn over not dissimilar to what we have just experienced, and we know how that turned out.

Got to give the new manager time to turn it around before you write the team off no? 

I am not saying things will dramatically improve over night on reflection of whats happened to date its pretty clear to from the start of the season that the players were just not buying in to Hartley's methods. Hartley now comes across as the type of guy that could fall out with someone in an empty room.  Whether they are good enough time will tell keep in mind we are only a win away from the Fifers read in to that what you will in regards to the other teams being miles ahead. 

Look, it’s far more likely that the gap will continue to grow (albeit at a slower rate). Most of the other teams are clearly NOT as bad as us. In fact, I doubt that any of them are.
Yes, we hope the only way is up, but unfortunately, it’s not. The QotS game clearly demonstrated that most of the current squad are well capable of turning in performances that would see us lose every single game.
If this squad is to be real league challengers, then January and next summer are going to require a player turn over not dissimilar to what we have just experienced, and we know how that turned out.

Believe me the players aren't that bad . It was the managementBelieve me after that was worse than useless! A good manager could reach the playoffs by organizing and motivating our squad and tweaking it in January! I'm confident under McKinnon we will start to climb the league and be in touch with the leaders come Christmas One of the key factors is to get the fans onside as the players pick up and thrive on that! Let's stop whining and start to believe it's infectious and as jack Ross will testament belief and togetherness is as important as ability!

23 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Bit Captain Obvious here, but there's never a problem replacing a player out of contract with a better one.

Ideally we'd replace the entire squad every summer with a better player in every position. That's clearly unlikely to be possible, but we should always be looking to move on from player X and only offer them a new deal if we don't think we can improve on them.

Other than offering shite like Kidd a new deal, you could argue we had a perfect strategy.. right up until we brought new players in!

Never a problem? Its been a problem for us for years. We even manage to find dross to replace the shit out of contract players never mind the half decent ones.

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Believe me the players aren't that bad . It was the managementBelieve me after that was worse than useless! A good manager could reach the playoffs by organizing and motivating our squad and tweaking it in January! I'm confident under McKinnon we will start to climb the league and be in touch with the leaders come Christmas One of the key factors is to get the fans onside as the players pick up and thrive on that! Let's stop whining and start to believe it's infectious and as jack Ross will testament belief and togetherness is as important as ability!

Pep Guardiola couldnt get a tune out of this crew.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Will be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold come next summer. Two seasons of supposed promotion bids have been backed by the fans and it now looks like both have been sold to fans under false pretences. Another relegation battle looms and it wouldnt surprise me in the least to see fans finally saying enoughs enough as this board stumbles from one humiliating screw up to the next. 

I think next season, ST sales will be based on us buying into Ray McKinnon, not the BoD or CEO who now I think, after the badge copyright fiasco and the Hartley fiasco will stick to the shadows (minus Cliff obv).

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think next season, ST sales will be based on us buying into Ray McKinnon, not the BoD or CEO who now I think, after the badge copyright fiasco and the Hartley fiasco will stick to the shadows (minus Cliff obv).

After they bought into hartley i doubt they'll buy into a new manager so easily. A miracle turnaround would certainly help but i doubt thats possible with the current lot .

8 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Yes, I'll believe you and not my eyes. 

Nurse!!

I’d expect an improvement in play over the next week or so, based on the new manager bounce as well as the guys all being told the jobs they need to do.

I don’t think for minute that all of the players are as bad as they are being portrayed.

We’ve not had a settled team, settled formation or way of playing since the League Cup games.

Back to basics and I’m sure the majority of them will come good.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

After they bought into hartley i doubt they'll buy into a new manager so easily. A miracle turnaround would certainly help but i doubt thats possible with the current lot .

...there’s little else you can do. I think it was fair enough to buy into Hartley after we finished something like 17 points clear of 9th. Yes, that makes it appear like we were never in danger, but we all know how bad it was.

If McKinnon keeps us in this league given the scale of how much is wrong right now, then yes, I think people will buy into what he is trying to do.

For me the season starts now. By all accounts McKee and Dunne played well for the reserves so that will be like 2 new signings to add to the squad.

I know McKinnon isnt a miracle worker but I'd be surprised if he can't get a good bit more from the squad than Hartley did. Hopefully some simple organisation and direction will see us pick up some points.

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

I’d expect an improvement in play over the next week or so, based on the new manager bounce as well as the guys all being told the jobs they need to do.

I don’t think for minute that all of the players are as bad as they are being portrayed.

We’ve not had a settled team, settled formation or way of playing since the League Cup games.

Back to basics and I’m sure the majority of them will come good.

Exactly and we all need to do our bit to be as positive as we can and get behind McKinnon!
There is undoubtably an underlying problem at the club with the BOD and MR continued ownership. However McKinnon is a good appointment ! Let's believe in him because until someone offers MR Ritchie a Wad then we're stuck with the "I'll appoint a committee to run the show approach."- we just need to hoe that the lack of a hands on owner doesn't affect our progress!

It was difficult to get any context about availability of managers etc in our recent search. We were the first team to move this season really.

Its going to be really interesting now to see how Morton, St Mirren and Dundee end up.

Hopkin is out the picture, Jobby seems to be staying put, only really McIntyre who might go to a Premiership team thats available.

Theres a distinct possibility that McKinnon is going to look like a masterstroke once we see who these clubs end up with.

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Like most decent fans I understand that the rivalry with Dunfermline is ultimately just that. In sport we need battles with our rivals to measure where we are but once the game is over we should be able to go for a beer and however heated the action was on the pitch we need to keep it in perspective! Falkirk means everything to me but it saddens me to read comments suggesting we select players based on the fact they " lost it " last time round! - obviously McKinnon like everybody else will want to slaughtered
by choosing the best team possible O'Hara in my opinion is worse than useless and should be nowhere near our first team ! McKee ironically has no fight in him . Following your suggestion why don't we play Paton to kick the shot out of them get himself sent off etc! I will hopefully soon forget our last encounter where fans and players embarrassed themselves and we got gubbed to boot! I like most want more nights like Super Tuesday where we take them apart at football and leave the stupid stuff where it belongs in the empty heads youth!

I'm going to go out in a limb here and think maybe... Just maybe, he wasn't actually being serious. 

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

I'm going to go out in a limb here and think maybe... Just maybe, he wasn't actually being serious. 

You didn’t do the necessary background checks, did you......