The Falkirk FC Thread

Trust me we don't need to spend through the nose to improve on what we or Morton have just now.

Scott Mcdonald would literally rather never play football again than sign for you diddies. Im sure there are players in their early 20s who feel exactly the same way.

6 minutes ago, port-ton said:
10 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:
Trust me we don't need to spend through the nose to improve on what we or Morton have just now.

Scott Mcdonald would literally rather never play football again than sign for you diddies. Im sure there are players in their early 20s who feel exactly the same way.

I'm sure there are but if they had the choice between us or Morton it's a no brainer. How does that feel?

I'm sure there are but if they had the choice between us or Morton it's a no brainer. How does that feel?
Like we signed a bunch of credible championship players while you signed a bunch of youngsters and journeymen that would struggle to get in to our under 12s team.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Well, obviously. If this was raised anywhere it was always going to be with the SPFL rather than a court and anyone who was talking about court action is an idiot, but that pretty much amounts to Branch Ton by himself. 

All the times you said that Morton were clearly 'backtracking' or 'giving up', that nothing would be raised with 'the authorities', you were including raising a complaint with the SPFL in that. If you're going to claim you were right anyway because nothing is being raised with a court then you're just moving the goalposts because for some reason you don't want to admit that you were wrong.

As for your two weeks claim, yes, I definitely believe that you're party to all correspondence between Morton and the SPFL and aren't making shit up again.

Hope you are not the one advising the club on its litigation strategy. The first route to compo is against the three who broke their contracts. Ultimately it might well be the club that settles on their behalf but initially a multi pronged attack is the best approach I think though there is a short time limit for raising actions in employment cases. . No reason why Morton should leave it with the SFA if their decision is legally perverse.

Given the vague nature of any potential punishment for Falkirk should the cases be decided against them it might be sensible for them to try and do a deal with Morton and get the complaints withdrawn. 

16 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The irony :lol:

You've spent weeks saying nothing was happening, insinuating that Morton hadn't actually made a complaint and that anyone who thought this could possibly go to a tribunal is an idiot. It has now been confirmed that a complaint was made and a tribunal will take place, which proves you were talking utter bollocks. You can drop the ITK act.

Like the rest of us, you have absolutely no idea how the SPFL are going to rule on this. Maybe they'll take one look at it decide Morton are being ridiculous and throw it out while ordering Morton to cover any costs Falkirk might have accrued. Maybe they'll decide Falkirk are guilty of the alleged rule breaches and hand down any of the possible punishments available to them. Like me and everyone else, you don't know what's going to happen because you haven't seen McKinnon's contract with Morton and weren't party to any of the conversations between Falkirk, Morton and McKinnon on the day he went to Falkirk. It's okay to admit that you don't know what's going on.

After around three pages of utter bollocks from both sides about this subject, at last a sensible post.

would be great if we could all just shut the feck up now  till something more concrete  becomes known.......

.......but that'll never happen unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, port-ton said:
31 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Do you not have a real rivalry to go and pick a fight with?

30 minutes ago, port-ton said:
34 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I'm sure the cushty media gig had nothing to do with his decision to call it day :rolleyes:

As a Falkirk fan I'm surprised you know what one of those is.
As opposed to a Morton fan whose obsession with St Mirren is the only noteworthy thing about his club with the exception of the hilarious manager stealing incident?

Morton are probably one of the least relevant teams in Scotland m8, and have been since I can remember. Not sure what age you have to be to remember them doing anything of note, but its older than me. So you know, rivalry isnt everything.

35 minutes ago, port-ton said:
38 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Yet your manager, barely in the door having assembled a squad that had given you the best start to a season you'd had in years, damn near sprinted out the door when we came calling. 

I'm sure the cushty media gig had nothing to do with his decision to call it day :rolleyes:
He joined Dundee Utd because he wanted to compete for titles before he retired, so I'm sure the fact he'd be joining the worst full time team in Scottish football history had more to do with it than appearing on sportscene every few weeks.

Yet your manager, barely in the door having assembled a squad that had given you the best start to a season you'd had in years, damn near sprinted out the door when we came calling. 
Yes, and this is definitely not a face that screams " what the f**k have I done?" Screenshot_20181026-095242_Twitter.jpg

21 minutes ago, port-ton said:
23 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:
Do you not have a real rivalry to go and pick a fight with?

As a Falkirk fan I'm surprised you know what one of those is.

Yes we have deep seethe for our friends over the water and our games can get quite tasty at times. Unlike Morton who nobody really cares about unless you are one of the five who support them. 

Spend more money on higher reputation players all you want. That will make the inevitable liquidation when you slide to the seaside leagues all the more sweet.
Liquidation won't happen pal. We have saved our club before, paying back every penny the club owed unlike many others. If it came to it our fan base would rally round and save the club again.

We wouldn't let our club die.

Yes we have deep seethe for our friends over the water and our games can get quite tasty at times. Unlike Morton who nobody really cares about unless you are one of the five who support them. 
Between us and Connah's Quay you've now been pumped twice this season by teams with less combined fans than Falkirk have players.

I'll be glad when all this pish is over. Never seen so much fuss made over a guy moving jobs.  I think Morton fans are just happy to have something to get excited over as nowt else seems to ever happen to them apart from the odd seaside league victory.  This is what happens in modern day football. Managers get tapped up indirectly  all the time . McKinnon had obviously made it quite clear he was desperate to get out of Morton or we wouldn't have bothered our arse approaching the morton chairman in the first place for a manager doing well who had only been in place for a couple of months.  Morton seem to be right up there with  Dunfermline in the sour grapes grass brigade stakes. 

39 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Yes, and this is definitely not a face that screams " what the f**k have I done?" 

image.png.28dfbfc53047414ee2bd1e117bb9f330.png
If that is not a worried look on a chairman's face i dont know what is, and i dont mean Margaret Lang.

image.png.28dfbfc53047414ee2bd1e117bb9f330.png
If that is not a worried look on a chairman's face i dont know what is, and i dont mean Margaret Lang.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Absolutely shitting his pants there.

It is all getting a bit boring though tbf. Especially with this Port Ton weirdo taking up Branch Tons place as resident seething mess.

Hes probably busy trying to find out when Prince Buaben was first approached.