The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Quite frankly I think we're lucky to have the board of directors we currently have in place. We could quite easily have Mike Ashley, Charles Green or Owen Oyston. I think a lot of people would do well to remember that at least we have people in charge with the best interests of the club at heart.

Blue touchpaper lit. This should be good..............

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

For once he's got a point. We've had dodgy chairmen in the past. We've simply got inept ones at the moment. Last thing we need on top of everything is a Fat Mike or Chuckles running the show. 

No he doesn't. You make it sound like a binary choice - stewardship by either the hopeless or the corrupt. About time we tried stewardship by the even moderately competent, which would be a massive leap forward from the omnishambles we are now. Seems to work for plenty of other clubs of no greater resource or potential.

Actually surprised the board are willing to hand over more cash after the previous manager seemingly wasted so much in the summer. I'm guessing achieving promotion makes it a risk worth taking.

It worked for you. Oh wait a minute!?!

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Quite frankly I think we're lucky to have the board of directors we currently have in place. We could quite easily have Mike Ashley, Charles Green or Owen Oyston. I think a lot of people would do well to remember that at least we have people in charge with the best interests of the club at heart.

So if this is a major quality you value in someone running the club , how then do you dismiss the supporters so brutally  ("couldn't run a piss up in a brewery")  for wanting  a say in the running  of the club?

No one has the best interests of the cub at heart more than the supporters, and guess what - some of them are quite smart.  

I would agree that the biggest amount of blame lies with Hartley for signing this squad of drivel, but in any big organisation if a minion makes an error the people at the top are jailed/sacked/forced to resign. It should be no different here, Hartley's summer was the one of the most disastrous by any club in living memory and Lang/Campbell presided over that. Both of them should be chased and told to never return to the stadium again. 

Lang supported by a few old men against the will of most fans and shareholders.

This is why we all have to grab this opportunity and get together and get them out the way

The thing is the Hartley appointment was one that most fans wanted with the exception of Owen Coyle the names banded about were the usual journeymen managers.  Change is needed though and a new approach to things required i do think they have it right with the RM appointment but as far as public relations we are a disaster although ICT and  Dunfermline hasn't been much better so it alleviates it a bit, but whenever you see Falkirk FC in the media you can pretty much guarantee we have f*cked it again somewhere.

14 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

However we seem to have settled into a rather fat and happy second tier club with no ambition (and by ambition I mean structure and purpose) to go any further other than by the alignment of a few planets when a manager and a few players come good at the same time.

Ye've just described every other club in this league apart from Alloa (who are a rather fat and happy third tier club)

11 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I would agree that the biggest amount of blame lies with Hartley for signing this squad of drivel, but in any big organisation if a minion makes an error the people at the top are jailed/sacked/forced to resign. It should be no different here, Hartley's summer was the one of the most disastrous by any club in living memory and Lang/Campbell presided over that. Both of them should be chased and told to never return to the stadium again. 

In these cases, there are umpteen other Execs waiting to come in on the renumeration merry-go-round.  Falkirk FC is not Persimmons.  It's also rarer than you are insinuating.

I prefer my club to apportion blame where it's actually due.  Responsibility, means to change, accountability.

If they had appointed Claude Anelka and given him zero funds I could see some of the fans point.  But that's not what happened.

I wonder how long the new "consortium" would have under your irrational chopping block.  Bet you  wouldn't fancy your own chances.

The idea the club are happy just "treading water" is nonsensical.  They have invested in the playing squad and have brought in managers expecting to compete for promotion.  I understand people are frustrated but who could have known the utterly dreadful signings Hartely was going to make.  On paper a lot of them made sense for a charge at  promotion.  

Of course the fans are not happy.  Understood.  We're in a very poor situation in the league which is the everything.  It's down to buying into a Hartely's team whom have proven to be extremely limited.  A fans' group doesn't put the ball in the net.  All for it, by the way, if it has real investment and thought behind it but it's not what will change our league position right now.

Edited by tirso

7 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

So if this is a major quality you value in someone running the club , how then do you dismiss the supporters so brutally  ("couldn't run a piss up in a brewery")  for wanting  a say in the running  of the club?

No one has the best interests of the cub at heart more than the supporters, and guess what - some of them are quite smart.  

That's great and nobody's stopping anybody serious getting involved as far as I know.  

11 minutes ago, tirso said:

In these cases, there are umpteen other Execs waiting to come in on the renumeration merry-go-round.  Falkirk FC is not Persimmons.  It's also rarer than you are insinuating.

I prefer my club to apportion blame where it's actually due.  Responsibility, means to change, accountability.

If they had appointed Claude Anelka and given him zero funds I could see some of the fans point.  But that's not what happened.

I wonder how long the new "consortium" would have under your irrational chopping block.  Bet you  wouldn't fancy your own chances.

The idea the club are happy just "treading water" is nonsensical.  They have invested in the playing squad and have brought in managers expecting to compete for promotion.  I understand people are frustrated but who could have known the utterly dreadful signings Hartely was going to make.  On paper a lot of them made sense for a charge at  promotion.  

Of course the fans are not happy.  Understood.  We're in a very poor situation in the league which is the everything.  It's down to buying into a Hartely's team whom have proven to be extremely limited.  A fans' group doesn't put the ball in the net.  All for it, by the way, if it has real investment and thought behind it but it's not what will change our league position right now.

Come on though its not just the on field antics that have been farcical. Off the field its been one feck up after another.  Badge gate, the academy shambles, race gate, mckinnon gate,  the list goes on and on by the month at the moment.  These two clowns are dragging the club into the gutter.  As I've said before I've been watching Falkirk since the late 70's and in that time only once has the club been threatened with relegation from the second tier and that was Tottens last year in charge.  These two cretins have been in charge 2 years and both of them have resulted in us fighting off relegation.   Christ Doug Henderson got chased and he never resided over such a shambolic on field situation as we currently face.  Margaret Lang reign has seen the club have its two worst seasons in 20 odd years and yet people are still willing to back her .   How bad does it have to get her and her sidekick out the door.