The Falkirk FC Thread

As an aside, I loved the blooper on the Ladies Day promotion for the 9th of March. One of the highlights it lists is “ A car park for no trouble-free parking”.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

13 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/dundalk-captain-stephen-odonnell-set-13835936.amp

Always liked him, went on to have a pretty decent career in Ireland.

Patrick Cregg's career fell off a cliff when he left, he was one of my favourite players as you knew he'd get stuck in

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Patrick Cregg's career fell off a cliff when he left, he was one of my favourite players as you knew he'd get stuck in

It fell off a cliff under Hughes. Arrived as a tough battling midfielder who could play a bit and then a couple of seasons under Hughes's tutelage and he was shadow of his former self. 

2 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Any news on Rudden? It would be a blow not to have him for tomorrow and starting with O'Hara or an untried Lavery.

Lavery should be good enough at this level. N IRELAND and Everton both  rate him.Hopefully his hold up play will add a new dimension as at least  we now have others who  can play off a  striker and add a goal l threat themselves. Expect the unexpected Ohara to come on and score the winner! 

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It fell off a cliff under Hughes. Arrived as a tough battling midfielder who could play a bit and then a couple of seasons under Hughes's tutelage and he was shadow of his former self. 

His last good season was with O'Donnell, it was like a tag team with them also I think Cregg's head went a bit when stories about Celtic being interested, same situation as Collin Samuel but Man Utd, Everton etc

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Lavery should be good enough at this level. N IRELAND and Everton both  rate him.Hopefully his hold up play will add a new dimension as at least  we now have others who  can play off a  striker and add a goal l threat themselves. Expect the unexpected Ohara to come on and score the winner! 

On paper that sounds great, we really don't know what we will get with Lavery and as much as I don't mind O'Hara, I am a bit deflated we are going into Saturday with those as our only options

Thistle have a few new signings too, so there’s going to be a helluva lot of name checking going with both sets of supporters.

A win would be fantastic of course. Sadly (and it’s a short term thing) I would want Morton to get something from the Alloa game.

McKinnon had our “old” defence drilled into something passable until the return of Muirhead, then it all went to shit again. Hopefully this new defence can offer the midfield a bit more service, and they in turn can set the new youngsters up front on their way.

If (when) we score tomorrow, fair chance of it being a debut goal for someone.

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's on the wind down now, but he played over 100 games in the SPL after he left us for Hibs, St Mirren and St Johnstone, before a couple of full seasons at Shamrock Rovers. Hardly as though he disappeared overnight.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's on the wind down now, but he played over 100 games in the SPL after he left us for Hibs, St Mirren and St Johnstone, before a couple of full seasons at Shamrock Rovers. Hardly as though he disappeared overnight.

Yep 3 yr at Falkirk 98 league starts onwards 97 to date in 10yr and 38 of them in the seaside leagues with Montrose and Forfar, sorry that's disappeared in most folks book

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If he's played an SFA sanctioned fixture, he should be on two clubs and unable to sign for a third. What diddy cup do you mean? If it's the challenge cup, I'm not sure how that would work, are the still considered "colt" teams or under 21s?

Tbf this can be challenged and I've yet to hear of a situation of it being turned down

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Yep 3 yr at Falkirk 98 league starts onwards 97 to date in 10yr and 38 of them in the seaside leagues with Montrose and Forfar, sorry that's disappeared in most folks book

Pish. He was a regular performer in the SPL for 4 years after he left us!

Between leaving us in summer 09 and summer 14 when he left St Johnstone, he played 81 times in the SPL, plus 1 for Morton and 7 for Bury. He then played 2 1/2 years in the Irish top flight, playing 65 more league games. So that's 150 or so (league games only) between then and winter 2016.

He's hardly been a stellar performer, but he's plodded along in a solid manner.

*I freely concede my stats are wiki'd.

It’s up to 95% of the ‘supporter’ funds pledged now. Sounds like it’s been a bit of a struggle to get Patrons signed up though. If anyone would like to send me £10k that I’ll pay back without interest then please do.

Any idea what the patron pledges are at?