The Falkirk FC Thread

Folk saying Tommy Robson is shite are every bit as bad as those who hero worship him (me)

He would be by far and away the best wing back available to us in league 1.

As a left full back. I am inclined to agree he is average or poor, though still gives plenty offensively his defensive frailties are too exposed.

If we plan to stick 4 at the back then he can go. If we plan for a back 3 then we wont get better to replace him.

If a manager can't turn Tommy Robson into a good enough left back for the Scottish Championship there is something wrong with the coaching. He's reasonably quick, decent at crossing and has average strength plus good technique for the level. If that is your baseline a competent coach should be able to add the rest.

Folk saying Tommy Robson is shite are every bit as bad as those who hero worship him (me)

As a left full back. I am inclined to agree he is average or poor, though still gives plenty offensively his defensive frailties are too exposed.

If we plan to stick 4 at the back then he can go. If we plan for a back 3 then we wont get better to replace him.
That'll be the same folk that said Liam Craig was shite. How did that one go again?

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Robson should be hitting double figure assists in league 1 if he’s as good as some make out.

Not doubting his desire but I’m not convinced.

How many has he got this season? 

Robson has qualities I think would play well in League 1. Admittedly making some assumptions about the quality of the league but even in the Championship, lots of defenders are uncomfortable with someone running at them. They struggle with people running from deep. I suspect that will be amplified down a league and he would be able to do a lot of damage down the left.  

Then theres the oft mentioned attitude, which is bang on. 

The crux of it for me is that he has to play at LWB though. At left back, we need better than him defensivley I think. But then... at left back we also need better offensively than Dixon. Its a fucking tightrope. 

1 hour ago, kiddy said:
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That'll be the same folk that said Liam Craig was shite. How did that one go again?

Liam Craig was shite with the style of football we were playing, short multiple passes when he struggled at times completing a 3 yard pass.

Battling and set pieces were his strengths

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a Fergus the Fox teddy? My youngest daughter is desperate for one.

Failing that, does anyone have one they'd be willing to sell?

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Did Robson not get chucked about like an empty shellsuit away to Stenny in the Scottish Cup?

He was literally the only attacking threat we had that day. Our attacks stopped as soon as Stenny shut that channel off.

Cannot be fucked watching 4 centrehalfs across the defence next season. 
I dont hate the idea of Dixon and McGhee for example, IF we had genuine wingers in front of them meaning they need only to back them up with the occasional overlap, rather than needing to provide the width as they were in the last few weeks and pretty much failing at it.