The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Rocco said:

To be fair if we get rid of him then we will end up with an inexperienced manager or a manager who hasn't been that successful. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the season past and trying to stay optimistic. Remember Claudio Ranieri couldn't win the league with Chelsea but managed it with Leicester emoji6.png

Ranieri pointed out that Mourinho won the premiership with his Chelsea team though, but then your going down the argument if my auntie had baws she would be my uncle althogh even in thsi day in age that comment is a bit outdate.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

End of the day, we stuck by him when he was injured. He's now fit and out of contract. Off you pop. 

But...  but....  the guy had a contract, so you HAD to "stick by" him. 

:blink:

Ah, wait, of course. People's contracts really don't mean much to the Falkirk board, do they? 

To be fair if we get rid of him then we will end up with an inexperienced manager or a manager who hasn't been that successful. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the season past and trying to stay optimistic. Remember Claudio Ranieri couldn't win the league with Chelsea but managed it with Leicester [emoji6]
You already have a manager who hasn't been that successful.

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

But...  but....  the guy had a contract, so you HAD to "stick by" him. 

:blink:

Ah, wait, of course. People's contracts really don't mean much to the Falkirk board, do they? 

They dont seem to mean much to the Greenock board either sacking a manager without having to pay out any compensation.

Good to see your obsession hasnt wavered, might want to try some counselling sessions or therapy to help with that.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Is it just me or does anyone else have a horrible feeling McKinnon is going to do absolutely nowt next season. I can't believe  he's getting a chance to take us back up after taking us down playing some of the worst football I've saw us play. It looked like he had lost the dressing room come the end, bar a last hurrah v county. He also seems to be a bit of an arrogant p***k, maybe not Hartley levels of arrogance granted, which is fine if you have the talent to back it up. He doesn't.  I only hope if there is a reshuffle from top to bottom then his tenure is considered aswell.  

He's certainly got off extremely lightly considering the big part his complacency and complete s***ebaggery in the final seven or eight weeks of the season played in us ultimately being relegated. I guess he has our joke of our board/MSG to thank for taking some of the heat off him. I'm kind of on the fence about him - not actively looking for him to go, mainly because it would inevitably lead to a deluge of shouts from the usual suspects to bring back a certain ex-manager or install a bizarre Kerr/Miller "dream team", and it's difficult to come up with realistic alternatives. But if (hopefully when) we are under new ownership and they wanted someone else in, I wouldn't shed any tears at his departure either. He's cost the club a fortune and ultimately failed in his objective.

If he does start next season in charge, he'll do so with precious little, if any, credit in the bank. It will be clear soon enough if he is planning to serve up more of the negative, long-ball dross to which we were subjected this season, and if that is the case, I'd be getting rid very quickly indeed. 

Ranieri pointed out that Mourinho won the premiership with his Chelsea team though, but then your going down the argument if my auntie had baws she would be my uncle althogh even in thsi day in age that comment is a bit outdate.
I was taking the piss with Ranieri statement [emoji23]

You already have a manager who hasn't been that successful.
That was exactly my point though. The chances of us getting someone who is guaranteed to be better is slim so we may as well give Ray his chance

They dont seem to mean much to the Greenock board either sacking a manager without having to pay out any compensation.

Good to see your obsession hasnt wavered, might want to try some counselling sessions or therapy to help with that.
Swing and a miss. Who exactly was 'sacked'?

That was exactly my point though. The chances of us getting someone who is guaranteed to be better is slim so we may as well give Ray his chance
Can't see any alternative anyway when you paid so much to get him. Paying him off as well wouldn't go down well.

Can't see any alternative anyway when you paid so much to get him. Paying him off as well wouldn't go down well.
Exactly why I'm trying to be optimistic as he's going to be there come the start of the season regardless. Might as well get behind him and see if he can get us out this mess

Whilst there was an arguement about who was more obsessed with the other and bla bla bla during the season, it should be pointed out that Morton fans continuing presence in this thread is in danger of becoming extreme diddiness.

Just an observation. I want no part in any debate over it.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Rocco said:
10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Exactly why I'm trying to be optimistic as he's going to be there come the start of the season regardless. Might as well get behind him and see if he can get us out this mess

Yep I'm in agreement with you. It's clear he is going to be here next season so I'm just going to see who he signs and give him 10 games next season. If it's the same turgid crap then he can get to f**k. 

As for Mitchell he can do one, just because he said in twitter it wasn't handled well doesn't make it true, sounds like sour grapes to me.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Great post     ..........except that they had contracts that ran till the end of the season with options to renew for next season and they walked out of their own volition when told the extension option would not be taken up.

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst there was an arguement about who was more obsessed with the other and bla bla bla during the season, it should be pointed out that Morton fans continuing presence in this thread is in danger of becoming extreme diddiness.

It’s an interesting read at the moment, no more, no less. I also read the BBC News pages, for example,  Not obsessed by that either; just another interesting read - albeit much more literate.

Just an observation. I want no part in any debate over it.
Our season ended weeks ago and we have no manager to decide which players stay or go so there's absolutely nothing happening at the club just now.

Unfortunately for Falkirk that means your laughing stock status on P&B is going to have to last a little longer.

If you wish to respond then have your people speak to my people and we will work something out.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's spectacularly lame when fans on a multi club forum object to fans of other clubs dropping in on their threads.

It's not nearly as laughable however, as those who trot out the "obsessed" drivel.

Its also almost exclusively restricted to fans of absolutely shite clubs.