The Falkirk FC Thread

Disappointing if it’s been handled poorly and bizarre that he wasn’t on the release list issued. But in all honesty, I’d have been disappointed to have him as first choice next season.

Played alright for 2 games under Alex Smith and then seemed to become better the longer he didn’t play. Wasn’t much better than Fasan in terms of mistakes.

Was outstanding in the 1-0 win at Somerset but nothing special apart from that.
Thanks, and can we have the next one over here please.

Nice honest pro but keepers seem to get bigger every year . ?

Sounds to me like he was going to be kept however now possibly McKinnon has been given positive news re another keeper. Could be completely wrong though.
This is my thinking. Ray probably kept him waiting till he knew if he was getting someone else, which I can only assume he has. If that's what's happened then Mitchell wouldn't be happy regardless of how it was delivered to him

Hate waking up on a Saturday with that empty feeling of no football. 

84 days unti..... nah, f**k that.
This is usually me as well, but I have never been so pleased to see the end of a season.

Just hope the summer delivers us some good news for once. New owners with fans involved, decent signings for League 1 level would be a start.

This is my thinking. Ray probably kept him waiting till he knew if he was getting someone else, which I can only assume he has. If that's what's happened then Mitchell wouldn't be happy regardless of how it was delivered to him

Aa long as it’s not that wee hamster faves p***k Lee Robinson.

Is it just me or does anyone else have a horrible feeling McKinnon is going to do absolutely nowt next season. I can't believe  he's getting a chance to take us back up after taking us down playing some of the worst football I've saw us play. It looked like he had lost the dressing room come the end, bar a last hurrah v county. He also seems to be a bit of an arrogant p***k, maybe not Hartley levels of arrogance granted, which is fine if you have the talent to back it up. He doesn't.  I only hope if there is a reshuffle from top to bottom then his tenure is considered aswell.  

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

It looked like he had lost the dressing room come the end, bar a last hurrah v county. He also seems to be a bit of an arrogant p***k, maybe not Hartley levels of arrogance granted, which is fine if you have the talent to back it up. He doesn't.  I only hope if there is a reshuffle from top to bottom then his tenure is considered aswell.  

I've no idea what he's like behind the doors of the dressing room, but outwith that he's actually a really nice guy. I've spoken to club staff at Dundee Utd and press who've known him for years and nobody has a bad word to say about him.

Despite the mewlings of Morton fans, he seemed to be popular at Cappielow too. I watched the technical area closely as soon as we arrived at Cappielow for his first match there as Falkirk manager. There were a lot of hugs, handshakes and big smiles between him and the Morton backroom staff and players. It didn't look fake or forced and was totally the opposite of what was coming out of their boardroom. 

20 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Moving on for the time being from the boards eternal mission of making us all fucking miserable: where would you guys like to see the club play friendlies? Clearly won't be going on our travels, and hopefully we play some games that are going to be a test for us.

Any preferences for a wee away day?

Cappielow. Test your mettle against a team from a higher league.

And it’s a great day out.  :thumsup2

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If a new owner comes in, it will be interesting to see if they keep McKinnon.

I wouldn't.  I just don't think he's capable of building a side to win a title. His record backs this up. Never mind his spiel about a 2 year plan to get to the premiership. That to me sounded like we are fucked if we don't.

17 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

You’re  just a fanny who has never seen one.

Wtf is this faux oneupmanship about signing Hopkin. Your posting history makes it clear you hate the guy with a vengeance (possibly because he is prettier than you.).  Are you now saying you will be delighted  should he be appointed our next coach?

:lol:

I wouldn't.  I just don't think he's capable of building a side to win a title. His record backs this up. Never mind his spiel about a 2 year plan to get to the premiership. That to me sounded like we are fucked if we don't.
To be fair if we get rid of him then we will end up with an inexperienced manager or a manager who hasn't been that successful. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the season past and trying to stay optimistic. Remember Claudio Ranieri couldn't win the league with Chelsea but managed it with Leicester [emoji6]