The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybe because his decision to go for Jarvis and Todorov in January got you relegated. His latest decision to splurge £1000 a week on a midfielder probably means any halfway decent striker will be looking for £2K a week from you to sweeten the lowering of his standards. 
Did anyone ask you?

29 minutes ago, Rocco said:

As I've said previously, it won't be his choice. Goalkeeper, defenders and midfielders are always the easiest positions to fill. Strikers will be holding off to get the best deal they can.

I can't believe a few people have made out that a professional football manager doesn't see signing a striker as a priority. We're in League 1, so of course any striker we sign is going to be a gamble.

To have no strikers tho is a concern, pre season games have started due to this Mickey mouse cup starting ridiculously early.

I think you will struggle to find any pro team in Scotland without a striker at this stage.

Think we should have at the ginger lad that plays up front for Edinburgh City.

Think he's training to be a Lawyer so part time suits him

Edit*

Just realised you were referring to Scott Shepherd [emoji23]

To have no strikers tho is a concern, pre season games have started due to this Mickey mouse cup starting ridiculously early.
I think you will struggle to find any pro team in Scotland without a striker at this stage.

I agree it is concerning we don't have a striker, but I'd rather he took his time to try and get the right guy, rather than signing a striker for the sake of it.

Aye, my worry is that we sign two or three of them and everyone of them is a swing and a miss, then we're stuck with them till January, hoping that the midfield can keep us in it. 
I don't like this phrase, but worrying about all of our as yet non - existent strikers is the very definition of knicker wetting.

Not having any at the club yet is, on the other hand, a genuine cause for some concern.

10 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

I don't like this phrase, but worrying about all of our as yet non - existent strikers is the very definition of knicker wetting.

Not having any at the club yet is, on the other hand, a genuine cause for some concern.

I don't think it's knicker wetting at all. All the players capable of playing at this level will have sorted deals out. So we'll be looking at guys who have either never played at this level, or guys who've never played in the country. Hardly knicker wetting to be concerned about the quality of the randoms we might well end up with. 

Given the lack of rumours kicking about, it's worrying. Not going to lie. 

Prove me wrong, McKinnon. 

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We're so money

You're so rattled

Never change you pathetic mess x x x x

It's this sort of deluded pish which has got you to the position your blinkered arrogance deserves. 

Whilst any competent club in January would have been 100% focused on the immediate future you arrogant little wankers focus on tying up an expensive pre-contract and bring in a Tesco trolley boy and a lampost in order to provide you with the means to actually win games. 

Now the perma diddies are a perma diddy team. How the shitey have fallen. 

13 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

It's this sort of deluded pish which has got you to the position your blinkered arrogance deserves. 

Whilst any competent club in January would have been 100% focused on the immediate future you arrogant little wankers focus on tying up an expensive pre-contract and bring in a Tesco trolley boy and a lampost in order to provide you with the means to actually win games. 

Now the perma diddies are a perma diddy team. How the shitey have fallen. 

If i was you i would be more worried about my own clubs plight rather than the club you claim you arent obsessed about, 40 per cent down on season tickets:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/17736282.morton-fans-urged-to-pick-up-season-tickets/

As someone pointed out earlier when we were in the championship i never felt the urge or even bothered to look at the other league forums the fact you've spent more time in the league 1 forum lately than the championship one speaks volumes.

When you look at it your more bothered about what the other club is upto than your own your the pie and bovril equivalent of Isa in still game

Edited by AL-FFC

If i was you i would be more worried about my own clubs plight rather than the club you claim you arent obsessed about, 40 per cent down on season tickets:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/17736282.morton-fans-urged-to-pick-up-season-tickets/
As someone pointed out earlier when we were in the championship i never felt the urge or even bothered to look at the other league forums the fact you've spent more time in the league 1 forum lately than the championship one speaks volumes.

Our early bird price last season worked out at £11 per game which was a ridiculously low price. This season there was no early bird price and basically a £100 increase with no option to pay monthly for the first time in years. At this stage last season we were almost 30% up on the previous years season ticket sales so it's really just gone back to around our usual sales. Panic over.

I don't think it's knicker wetting at all. All the players capable of playing at this level will have sorted deals out. So we'll be looking at guys who have either never played at this level, or guys who've never played in the country. Hardly knicker wetting to be concerned about the quality of the randoms we might well end up with. 

Given the lack of rumours kicking about, it's worrying. Not going to lie. 

Prove me wrong, McKinnon. 

We got Rudden on the last day of the window this time last year. Not saying we should be relying on a player like that coming in late again, but there is still plenty time, we’ve not even had a friendly yet.

31 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

When you look at it your more bothered about what the other club is upto than your own your the pie and bovril equivalent of Isa in still game

Obsessed? Don't know about that. Hasn't posted on the Morton thread since the middle of June but has managed 13 on ours in that time.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Beware of new owners with multiple business interests. Falkirk Football Club would just be another line on a balance sheet.

There are many motifs why such a company would want to own us.

1. Business plan with 3 , 5 , 10 year objectives. Not unlike what McCann did with Celtic. Transforming the club recovering their investment from profit in the long term then contributing to the holding companies balance sheet. Or alternatively selling up getting an exit bonus having created a profitable company people want driving up the selling price.

2. Dumping ground for debt and running costs from elsewhere. For example loading management costs of the holding company onto Falkirk. The Whyte and Green fiasco at an obscure Glasgow club is a good example.

3. Carpetbagger like Mackin at East Stirlingshire. Extracted every penny they can running the club into the ground. Riding off into the distance with the cash

If it is a business consortium with multiple interests that own us it is unlikely it will end well.

The Rangers scenario actually resembled number 3 more than 2.

9 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

So, lads. 

Signings tomorrow? Seems to have been a bit quiet on the rumours front the last day or so. 

Anyone you do or don't want to see us try and grab? 

I think Doolan would have been an ideal signing at this level, there isn't a lot of obvious choices striker wise, Id be amazed if McKinnon doesn't offer Johnstone a deal even if it's six months. We were linked with the young Clyde midfielder McStay were we not? Also heard Rory McKeown mentioned. I wouldnt be averse to DKD coming back either.  

The one thing that has baffled me about the whole "I want the MSG out" attitude, is that, a lot of people don't actually care who comes in, as long as the current MSG aren't there. Now I want change as much as anyone, and I've stated before that if I was in a different position then I'd have probably witheld my season ticket money, however, I'm concerned that a lot of fans think new owners will be guaranteed to be better than we have.

I was very comfortable with the fan/local businesses buyout, as you knew they would have the club's best interest at heart, but I'm not confident the other bids will be the same.

The fans slagging other fans for buying season tickets should be careful, as if the club does change ownership and things go to shit, does that mean the fans who didn't buy season tickets should take the blame? The answer is obviously no, but it's the same thing as telling fans who have bought season tickets that there destroying the club.

The one thing that has baffled me about the whole "I want the MSG out" attitude, is that, a lot of people don't actually care who comes in, as long as the current MSG aren't there. Now I want change as much as anyone, and I've stated before that if I was in a different position then I'd have probably witheld my season ticket money, however, I'm concerned that a lot of fans think new owners will be guaranteed to be better than we have.

I was very comfortable with the fan/local businesses buyout, as you knew they would have the club's best interest at heart, but I'm not confident the other bids will be the same.

The fans slagging other fans for buying season tickets should be careful, as if the club does change ownership and things go to shit, does that mean the fans who didn't buy season tickets should take the blame? The answer is obviously no, but it's the same thing as telling fans who have bought season tickets that there destroying the club.

The vet fact the MSG agreed to sell to the fans at Christmas and then refuse to go through with it should be reason enough to not give them a penny IMO. I am no fan of an outsider either.

The pressure should be on to ensure they sell to BTB

The vet fact the MSG agreed to sell to the fans at Christmas and then refuse to go through with it should be reason enough to not give them a penny IMO. I am no fan of an outsider either.

The pressure should be on to ensure they sell to BTB
Totally agree with this. The BTB offer is the one I want, however, some fans just want new owners regardless of who it is. Very big risk to take