The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

So what’s going to happen at this AGM then? A lot of anger but ultimately nothing changes, or the chance of a resignation or two?

It's an EGM so I'm guessing will be far more 'supporter shareholder' led than the MSG or board. No questions about who is going to be on the front post at corners. 

Seen a few dismissing the front post at corners question and also belittling the important signings from the juniors. These are what the people want and if recent history tells us anything it is to trust the people when it comes to the big issues.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:06, LatapyBairn said:

The Board have given Ray a substantial budget, including personal funds. Ray was given a choice of signing 18 average players or 10 quality ones, and he’s rightly taken the quality route. 

I read something on twitter yesterday that claimed the Board haven't actually put any of their own money in as promosied and that funds from the ST sales and Vaulks deal is being used this season.  

8 hours ago, bud1876 said:

Can see the thinking behind the smaller squad now.
Injuries and suspensions come into play and we have DKD and 7 or 8 others.
Enough to cope IMHO.

Cant see dkd signing when we've already got connolly and telfer and other areas need cover.

5 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I read something on twitter yesterday that claimed the Board haven't actually put any of their own money in as promosied and that funds from the ST sales and Vaulks deal is being used this season.  

You sound as your surprised at that, lets face it the amount of spin they have tried over the past couple of seasons would put Alistair Campbell to shame, you can pretty much say any comment they come out with in regards to highest budget, etcthe opposite is closer to home than the truth.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You sound as your surprised at that, lets face it the amount of spin they have tried over the past couple of seasons would put Alistair Campbell to shame, you can pretty much say any comment they come out with in regards to highest budget, etcthe opposite is closer to home than the truth.

I wouldnt go by some random comment on twitter either. Lets ask the question tomorrow and hopefully get a clear answer.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I wouldnt go by some random comment on twitter either. Lets ask the question tomorrow and hopefully get a clear answer.

I think its more the case nothing surprises us any longer into the way the club is being run, I dont believe much in the media or social media for that matter.

The road from A to B is never a straight road with our MSG and BOD. It’s their property to do with as they please. They will spin everything to suit their own agenda, and I expect more of the same tomorrow. 

That old saying of “being economical with the truth” is how I see it panning out. I don’t think they will choose to lie, but they certainly won’t be forthcoming with the truth, that’s for sure.

I personally will be surprised if tomorrow turns out to be a positive watershed moment. They are going to be irritated that some pesky shareholders are trying to interfere with their toy. Divide and conquer will be the name of the game, and I expect Kenny and David to be the targets.

Remember this. If they can piss off those who have pledged to the point where they no longer want anything to do with it, then they will effectively kill off Kenny and David’s work. That will be the outcome they want.

The road from A to B is never a straight road with our MSG and BOD. It’s their property to do with as they please. They will spin everything to suit their own agenda, and I expect more of the same tomorrow. 
That old saying of “being economical with the truth” is how I see it panning out. I don’t think they will choose to lie, but they certainly won’t be forthcoming with the truth, that’s for sure.
I personally will be surprised if tomorrow turns out to be a positive watershed moment. They are going to be irritated that some pesky shareholders are trying to interfere with their toy. Divide and conquer will be the name of the game, and I expect Kenny and David to be the targets.
Remember this. If they can piss off those who have pledged to the point where they no longer want anything to do with it, then they will effectively kill off Kenny and David’s work. That will be the outcome they want.
I totally agree with this and it makes me really angry and more determined not to give them my cash.

They are supposed to be fellow Falkirk fans so how can they justify turning their back on a initiative that was going to unite everyone at the club and put £800k in the coffers and possibly have fans who were willing to donate money into the club on a monthly basis beyond the initial 3 years of the scheme.

It's not even that the scheme was designed to take control of the club. It was a way for loyal fans to own a share in the club they love.

If they put the shutters up tomorrow they can honestly go f**k themselves, I won't be back.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Wouldn't be surprised at all tbh was just questionning Latapy/Edi Bairns comment. 

100% they won’t have had to yet.

November is one of the pressure points in terms of cash at football clubs.

They will be hoping that they can keep their pockets zipped up after that

Thing is most of us are savvy enough to know how people work i.e. take the path of least resistance being one of them.  As BPM said and also Duncan said if the MSG want different things i.e. some want to cling on and some want to sell then divide and conquer can be as much applied to their own situation than the fans one.

My own view club isnt being sold the 3 new directors are put in place to make it look like there is continuity on a sale going through and oversight for transition when in reality its them strengthening there hand and voice i would say putting 3 fans on is part of the divide and conquer and lets face it no one would attack someone they know or have known for years. (If we dont go up this season then they will have f**ked it (even more than they already have) i dread to think whats next for us without new ownership.

29 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thing is most of us are savvy enough to know how people work i.e. take the path of least resistance being one of them.  As BPM said and also Duncan said if the MSG want different things i.e. some want to cling on and some want to sell then divide and conquer can be as much applied to their own situation than the fans one.

My own view club isnt being sold the 3 new directors are put in place to make it look like there is continuity on a sale going through and oversight for transition when in reality its them strengthening there hand and voice i would say putting 3 fans on is part of the divide and conquer and lets face it no one would attack someone they know or have known for years. (If we dont go up this season then they will have f**ked it (even more than they already have) i dread to think whats next for us without new ownership.

problem with the new board members is that they are hand selected friends of Lex Miller and Colin Liddle, effectively yes men.

One of them earned their seat on the board by being a mole within the Patrons group.

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's an EGM is it not?  The board have to put the motions that have deemed to be competent to a vote.  They have no requirement to discuss anything other than the motion in front of them.

Reading everything on here, it appears that people think that this is going to be a general questions and answer session rather than a properly constituted EGM. :unsure2:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Right boys, that arsehole @TheScarf is on the Sevco thread comparing us to Sevco fans.

Are we taking this lying down ? @Bairnardo and @Senor Bairn, I really need you backup to sort him out.

Lets get right intae him.

"I really need you (sic) backup to sort him out."

Horrendously small-time stuff, I'm sorry to say.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

"I really need you (sic) backup to sort him out."

Horrendously small-time stuff, I'm sorry to say.

Yeah, unfortunately going to have to put that down as a mis-step from GB. Fortunately he currently has plenty credit in the bank after the Tidser/Branch Ton golden shower incident.