The Falkirk FC Thread

I thought Thomson was easily Stranraer's best player last night and the only one who might get in our team. Re the survey, that is an absolute hammerblow to the board. I'm sure I saw the other day 11% of people in Scotland would trust Boris Johnson as PM. Imagine actually being less popular than him, some achievement that 

6 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

I like Robbie Mutch as a keeper and i'd have been quite happy to see him as our first choice this year rather than splashing out on Cammy Bell. He's got a few mistakes in him but that's because he's not had enough first team experience to iron them out. Came and collected quite a few cross balls last night and was quick off his line for anything over the top(a little to quick for Dixon at one point that was nearly a disaster)

We needed two keepers  anyway and Bell was available. Would like to hope that his experience will rub off on mutch and the two of them will fight it out for the number one spot over the season.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Anyone know what the score will be on Friday is it a vote of no confidence in the board and what action is expected to be taken or guess at least ?

Am fully expecting the MSG to proxy vote before hand and then just announce 62% have voted against the motion. 

5 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Am fully expecting the MSG to proxy vote before hand and then just announce 62% have voted against the motion. 

Bit of a giving a Turkey a vote on christmas really.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 15:53, Bainsfordbairn said:

The picture was taken yesterday when we still had unsigned players training with the squad. I don't think you can infer anything from it, except that players were still under consideration.

To answer Stuperman's question - there are no U19 or reserve players. All were released at the end of last season. CD is the only one remaining and he's just training with us.

And before anyone asks, I'm done for the day. Any announcements now are in the hands of the club.

So are we not bothering with an u19 or reserve squad this season?

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Wathcing highlights, Robbie Mutch definitely making more of an effort to command his area.

Not watched highlights, once was enough but as I said to my mate 60+ mins I had him as mom, then he showed why I've never trusted him. He is capable of being the best keeper we have had for years but he has that ability to throw us a Fasan or two.

Last game I saw him was the last reserve game, he sold the jerseys as we lead then had kept the scoreline down in a mom performance 2nd half.

I've no doubt he is able but we all know one mistake for a keeper is multiplied by 10 for a keeper and for now he has at least one mistake in him, hopefully Bell can help and if he does, we have a great keeper on our hands

6 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Mutch is clearly moulded (is that a word?) as a modern day keeper. Needs to cut out mistakes when playing out from the back but that will come...hopefully!

Very few keepers these days seem to get through seasons without a few complete howlers.  Even the likes of Allison, ederson  pickford and de gea all made some right cockups last year.

This is really striking! Without getting into telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, the MS lot really do seem like going along is just a habit.
it might just depend on who has responded. I had 2 main stand season tickets and speak to about 10 others regularly next to me. of that dozen we've not renewed 2 and 4 others at the end of the season said they definitely weren't so that's a minimum of 50% not renewing from that dozen in the main stand. I bet I'm the only one in that dozen who filled in the survey.

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

We needed two keepers  anyway and Bell was available. Would like to hope that his experience will rub off on mutch and the two of them will fight it out for the number one spot over the season.

If he does make it. He will be the first home produced goalie since George Watson. If he turns out as good a Geordie we will have done all right.