The Falkirk FC Thread

Can’t see how sacking the manager will change anything, we’ll just be right back at square 1. A guy managing a group for half a season then letting boys go in January and bringing in a brand new squad. We’ve done it the past 2 seasons and it’s got us f**k all.

We’re not going to sack RM, one because the morons upstairs paid 100k+ for him and two, I don’t think any manager has been sacked after a defeat in the caramel wafer cup.

Yesterday we were laughable though, Paul Dixon looks as though he retired last season.

Used to love away days in Billy Lamont`s time as Manager. His teams were good defensively with players like Jim Dempsey, Roddy Manley and Brian Martin but could score a few goals as well. Our form away from home was fantastic and the season we got promoted we only lost 15 goals away from home in 19 games and scored 31.

55 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Can’t see how sacking the manager will change anything, we’ll just be right back at square 1. A guy managing a group for half a season then letting boys go in January and bringing in a brand new squad. We’ve done it the past 2 seasons and it’s got us f**k all.

We’re not going to sack RM, one because the morons upstairs paid 100k+ for him and two, I don’t think any manager has been sacked after a defeat in the caramel wafer cup.

Yesterday we were laughable though, Paul Dixon looks as though he retired last season.

Not sure I agree SB. McKinnon’s record with ya is appalling and he can’t even get a winning formula at a lower level. He’s a total diddy and we need to empty him ASAP.

Say he hasn't broken you brother??

I am a believer that the players we have are more than good enough to win the league. On that basis it stands to reason that they are more than more than good enough to score a goal away from home.

I want to see what they can do without Ray utterly stifling them.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I am a believer that the players we have are more than good enough to win the league. On that basis it stands to reason that they are more than more than good enough to score a goal away from home.

Agree totally bro. The players would be much better under another gaffer. You can see how frustrated they are.

I think he should go 100%. All I’m saying is I just don’t think he will brother, on paper our team is the strongest team by far and we should be doing better, I really hope it picks up or my drinking will increase.

7 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I think he should go 100%. All I’m saying is I just don’t think he will brother, on paper our team is the strongest team by far and we should be doing better, I really hope it picks up or my drinking will increase.

I agree with you on Dixon btw. After his totally unnecessary patter in the summer he was on a shaky nail but he has been utterly phoning it in. He also represents all thats wrong with Ray which makes him seem even worse

He'll go it just depends on whether its sooner rather than later. We have shown no signs of any improvement over the past few weeks so it's basically going to be like this till the current or new bod decide enough is enough.  Fortunately it looks like most of the other sides are of pretty similar standards to each other so chances are none will shoot off into a big lead and we just need to hope that someone sees sense and emptys him before it's too late.

25 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He'll go it just depends on whether its sooner rather than later. We have shown no signs of any improvement over the past few weeks so it's basically going to be like this till the current or new bod decide enough is enough.  Fortunately it looks like most of the other sides are of pretty similar standards to each other so chances are none will shoot off into a big lead and we just need to hope that someone sees sense and emptys him before it's too late.

A valid point, except that East Fife look like they may have just put it together recently. Based on early going; East Fife have a very strong yell for the best team in the League; Falkirk has the names but either lacks a coach that can use them OR has a series of players who have declined, and whose cost may not be justified by their abilities now; Raith is very thin but has the abilities in a number of players, if they can sort out the defending (with 5 center defenders, we should be able to, FFS); Forfar is showing weakness in attack, but looking pretty steady at the back; Dumbarton are starting to show life, but I’m not yet convinced; Peterhead started strongly, but seem to be regressing to middle of the pack, and the same can be said for Clyde; Airdrie I’m completely in the dark about, as are most of their fans; Stranraer look to be a solid, middle of the pack team; Montrose look woeful, but there is time.

In summary, the whole league is, as many say, gonna be mightily competitive this year..and that’s a plus AND a minus. Expect at least one of the “top 4” not to make the playoffs, and if the BoD take too long it’s possible that Falkirk could fall into the mid-pack group and struggle to make the top 4. That shouldn’t happen with the budget and players, but...

What a complete shambles we have become.  Having been showered by disappointment and disbelief over the past few seasons, chipping off bit by bit that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when we get beat, until yesterday the Raith result didn't hurt at all, not even a tinge.  An unacceptable display by the Bairns has become the new normal.

I don't know what's going to save our club and I am almost at the point after supporting Falkirk for 50 years that I don't care any more.  I've had the caring beaten out of me by a succession of any club bob-a-job journeyman who don't play for the jersey, players with a decent reputation and track record with other clubs just going through the motions with us.  Sick and tired of managers who's only success on a daily basis is managing to get out of bed.

That's why I don't mind if MC takes over the club and takes us into the great unknown.  What are we facing now anyway?  Spiralling down into "don't give a f#ck" territory.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

McKinnon has to go 100%. There is no chance at all of us getting promoted this season if he’s in charge. His complete inability to set up a team to attack or positively change a game is infuriating and every game and performance is going to be the same until he’s finally punted. Any team that works hard, defends deep and is fast on the break will get a minimum of a point against us.

I’m really not sure how strong the squad actually is that he’s assembled. Aye on paper we have a lot of names who you’d expect to be do a job at Championship level but the squad is so incredibly unbalanced 5 players capable of playing up front, 3 at right-back, 7 in the middle of the park but only 1 at left-back. Playing a back 3 would probably suit our players the most albeit you would end up playing Connolly/MacLean out of position at wing-back but the current 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 is not working at all.

Just quickly going through the squad in goals we are fine albeit needing a jobber to sit on the bench until Bell is fit. But between Bell and Mutch they are both fine and have no made any absolute howlers like the 2 jokers from last season.

At the back it’s no great. Toshney has been our best defender this season but has been dropped recently for Durnan who has still to impress and Buchanan not been overly impressive either imo. Full-backs are shite. Aye Doyle is full of energy and can see what QoS/Morton fans were on about his engine is fantastic but he doesn’t have a final ball, Paul Dixon is done as a left-back he’s been humming every game he’s played this season and whilst he needs more time first impression from Gary Miller is he’s a carbon copy of Dixon going forward.

Midfield been missing for weeks now. Gomis has been impressive but that’s it. Telfer was brilliant against Dumbarton but shite since, Connolly is a typical winger flitters in and out of games but he should be starting every week imo, Tidser completely innefective, McShane somehow worse than last season and likes of Leitch and Moore are just not up to much at all.

Up front McManus has been missing for weeks seems more interested than fouling than getting on with the game most of the time, Sammon has been fine but he’s completely ineffective in the air which make all the hoof balls up to him even worse, Johnstone is a more mobile Haber and Longridge has not looked remotely interested so far although quite why Ray insists on only playing him wide rather than through the middle I’ve no idea.

What I'm really struggling to understand is every falkirk fan can see it, opposition fans can see it, we are needing fucking width and not from our full backs who can't cross a ball or beat a man yet Ray seems oblivious to this and insists on playing every midfielder in the middle of the park. Open your fucking eyes McKinnon

30 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

What I'm really struggling to understand is every falkirk fan can see it, opposition fans can see it, we are needing fucking width and not from our full backs who can't cross a ball or beat a man yet Ray seems oblivious to this and insists on playing every midfielder in the middle of the park. Open your fucking eyes McKinnon

The number of times I've sat at TFS and spoke with my many many Falkirk mates about stuff that is in your face obvious that various FFC managers miss is incredible.

It seems as soon as you sit in a dugout you become blind. Maybe this is why certain managers prefer to watch from a higher position in the stand.

Whilst I'm slagging managers for missing the obvious I feel a word on our fans is needed. See when we get a corner can you please stop cheering them.

It's been a long time since we crossed 1 In and watched someone power a header into the net.

Probably equates to something like 1/150 we score from. Listening to seals clapping a corner is when you realise fans are like sheep.

Edited by Gaz FFC