The Falkirk FC Thread

Have to agree with everyone's thoughts on Gary Locke. He seems a decent guy and he had his hands tied last season but still didn't think he got the best out of what Hearts had.

The link from the express seemed quite genuine until Angus MacPhersons name was mentioned

Gary Locke would be a poor appointment IMO but Hearts did improve significantly towards the end of the season. He seems a bit of a brain donor though and Brown may come with him, a guy who is a total dinosaur.

The more I think about it the more I think it'll end up being Barry Ferguson. We can spend one wage and get an experienced midfielder as well as a manager, Ritchie will see it as good publicity as well. That'd be the nightmare scenario.

Given the amazing job the board did 15 months ago of keeping Holts name quiet right up to him Getting named manager, I see no point speculating on what some 2 bob journalist who doesn't give a toss about FFC wrote.

The time to comment is once we appoint for me.

If it was my club, I would break a leg to get Ian Murray. Transformed dumbarton with few resources. Just saying !

Their is no doubt he has done a great job at Dumbarton but he doesn't fit the criteria for our board.

1st problem being compo.

2nd issue is our last 4 managers got their very 1st managers job at Falkirk.

We seem to thrive on giving new guys a chance.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Murray & Bollan would both require compo, so they're out. Houstie won't apply, but "will wait on them calling him". Locke's free, costs nothing & will probably apply. But we'll go the rookie road & appoint Latapy.

Just reminds me of the disappointment I felt nigh on 30 years ago, when we appointed Dave Clarke.

Edited by kiddy

odds_zps25346cec.jpg

Steve Staunton !? What the actual f'ck :huh:

What a totally uninspiring list :unsure:

The number of ex-old firm players in there is rather amusing. Aside from Ian Murray, the best out of there probably looks to be taking a punt on Steve Aitken and hoping he's quite progressive as a manager. Regardless, he's not exactly established himself in the upper tiers of Scottish football as a player during his career so whether he'd do it as a manager is a question to be asked.

No pay monthly option for season tickets. That's a few punters not renewing. Rumour has it we are going into administration.

I like stuff like this. Who is taking us into administration? Is it HMRC or is it Falkirk Council? Be clear...........none of the soft loan guys on the board want the club anywhere near administration........they are the ones who are owed the money!!!!!!

Administration only works when you owebanks, councils the tax man and other local businesses the vast majority of the debt. If that isn't the case, then the whole process is pointless. Livingston and Dundee did it twice apiece because they owed people outwith the club money, and because it was easy to do......it harmed neither of them in any real way. Libvingston would do it again, but unfortunately, Rankine hasn't been able to shift the debt onto the council and the taxman.......it's all owed to him and MacDougall (unless they can get a massive share uptake and then run off with the cash, that's the way it will stay).

I'm not even entertaining the notion of getting my hopes up. We'll get a rookie manager willing to work for peanuts in the hope that he'll turn out to be good, and relying on the fact that at least 2 teams will finish below us so we can't be relegated.

I like stuff like this. Who is taking us into administration? Is it HMRC or is it Falkirk Council? Be clear...........none of the soft loan guys on the board want the club anywhere near administration........they are the ones who are owed the money!!!!!!

Administration only works when you owebanks, councils the tax man and other local businesses the vast majority of the debt. If that isn't the case, then the whole process is pointless. Livingston and Dundee did it twice apiece because they owed people outwith the club money, and because it was easy to do......it harmed neither of them in any real way. Libvingston would do it again, but unfortunately, Rankine hasn't been able to shift the debt onto the council and the taxman.......it's all owed to him and MacDougall (unless they can get a massive share uptake and then run off with the cash, that's the way it will stay).

Whoosh.. (I think?)