The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Whose stopping them from getting their prize money? Only the spfl board.  Ayr can quite easily be given their cash or most of it just now without having to have a vote on the league situation.   

Efl are in the same boat with clubs needing the money desperately. They though aren't pushing their clubs into making a decision on the leagues by withholding their prize money. It's getting given out now to allow clubs to remain afloat whilst they wait and see what happens.

How much do they hand out?

Clubs can still finish anywhere from 4th to 9th in the Championship. Do you give them the minimum amount now and then give them the rest once you've decided?

Clubs maybe dont want the money dripfed to them. Maybe it wont be enough to see some through to whenever you want things decided. 

Do you give them it based on current placing? How is that fair? Teams get financially rewarded despite the season not being finished.

Clubs can still finish anywhere from 4th to 9th in the Championship. Do you give them the minimum amount now and then give them the rest once you've decided?
Clubs maybe dont want the money dripfed to them. Maybe it wont be enough to see some through to whenever you want things decided. 
Do you give them it based on current placing? How is that fair? Teams get financially rewarded despite the season not being finished.
Take the amount for each league/number of participants and give it to each club.

Or is the current situation not grave or unprecedented enough for a bit of financial fairness, in place of sporting injustice?

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes you give them the minimum amount just like they did in the top flight.  At league one level theres only approx 50k between top and bottom so your not talking about huge sums your going to miss out on at the moment. Frankly I'd be quite happy for raith to get the first place prize money if need be as theres only about 8k difference between first and second and they need it far more than us.  The clubs only need money to tide themselves over for a few weeks till things become clearer. 

Let's face it if the vote doesnt go through they'll get feck all and be in far more trouble. Better they get some cash now whilst the squabbling continues.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Take the amount for each league/number of participants and give it to each club.

Or is the current situation not grave or unprecedented enough for a bit of financial fairness, in place of sporting injustice?

As lovely an idea as that is, you just know teams would complain about it. It's not exactly fair either tbh.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes you give them the minimum amount just like they did in the top flight.  At league one level theres only approx 50k between top and bottom so your not talking about huge sums your going to miss out on at the moment. 

To some clubs £50k will be a huge amount.

You're under this misapprehension that every club is like Falkirk. Theres clubs below you who are already run dry.

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

It's alright for bankrolled clubs like St Johnstone, they can have Geoff Brown see them through this.

Geoff Brown doesnt put any money into Saints.

We'll be fine as we have £2.1m in the bank, though.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As lovely an idea as that is, you just know teams would complain about it. It's not exactly fair either tbh.

To some clubs £50k will be a huge amount.

You're under this misapprehension that every club is like Falkirk. Theres clubs below you who are already run dry.

Yes but stranraer aren't going to win the league are they so your 50k arguement doesnt hold water.  Most clubs would have to wait a few weeks on a few grand but that's better than having to wait a few months for 70k plus if you ask me which is what could happen if the vote fails. 70k now or slightly more in a month or two. I know what I would rather have.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So teams complaining about proposals based on the fact that they are inherently unfair is fine, and to be expected then?

Remind me again why you are here then?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

So teams complaining about proposals based on the fact that they are inherently unfair is fine, and to be expected then?

Remind me again why you are here then?

I'm saying it's unfair to financially reward sides who havent performed. In your scenario Stranraer with 2 wins all season are earning the same amount of money as Raith who have 15 wins.

I'd quite like to see the entire pot divided up fairly tbh, but clubs wouldnt go for that.

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

I was referring to to top flight prize money, m8.

Right. So why mention "Geoff Brown can see them through this"?

I'm saying it's unfair to financially reward sides who havent performed. In your scenario Stranraer with 2 wins all season are earning the same amount of money as Raith who have 15 wins.
I'd quite like to see the entire pot divided up fairly tbh, but clubs wouldnt go for that.
I'd rather see a little bit of one off financial "unfairness" even though that's a stretch to call it that, than have the entire sporting integrity of the game blown out the fucking water tbh.

There is far more integrity in voting down this proposal than there is in rejecting a one off balancing of the prize money so that teams can survive the storm we are in.

You might be a business fan too, but I am a football fan. It's league business I am interested in. I am not interested in torpedoing that in order to get the blackmail style crumbs off the table.

It's a fucking shite proposal, by any logic you want to apply to it, and Falkirks board have finally done something we can be semi proud of in telling them to poke it.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I'd rather see a little bit of one off financial "unfairness" even though that's a stretch to call it that, than have the entire sporting integrity of the game blown out the fucking water tbh.

Yes, but would the clubs, especially at the top, allow it?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Falkirk fans: Brechin are bottom of the league and deserve relegated, it doesnt matter that theyve still got a play off to play to decide that.

Also Falkirk fans: Falkirk arent in the automatic promotion spot but dont deserve to miss out on promotion, we still have a play off to decide that.

Can you not read ya cock ??

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, but would the clubs, especially at the top, allow it?

Well probably not. Then they would be voting purely for financial self preservation. 

We are voting for sporting self preservation, in the face of blackmail from the governing body

Which one carries more integrity as a football fan?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Well probably not. Then they would be voting purely for financial self preservation. 

We are voting for sporting self preservation, in the face of blackmail from the governing body

Which one carries more integrity as a football fan?

Football fans dont matter, so its utterly pointless pretending we do.

Clubs wont vote to financially harm themselves. It's that simple.

Rangers proposal is probably the best one going other than going for the unknown with the SPFL deal the clubs are provided a LOAN with the prize money depending on placing as Shadwell posted last night stranraer would get 70k on their placing any club struggling financially would get a loan of that amount or there abouts.