The Falkirk FC Thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52242968

Well I never thought I would see these words..... 

I really hope the SPFL proposal fails, not so much as we do not go up (we don’t deserve to anyway), but more because of the alleged bullying and clear coercion in setting a 5pm deadline on the smaller clubs predicament....

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I really hope the SPFL proposal fails, not so much as we do not go up (we don’t deserve to anyway), but more because of the alleged bullying and clear coercion in setting a 5pm deadline on the smaller clubs predicament....

It's the blackmailing clubs that the only way they can survive is to vote this through and get their cash it should never be coming to that. 

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The clubs have consistently said they want a quick resolution to release the money, why is a 5pm today deadline not suitable? They've known about this proposal for long enough to make a decision.

The clubs have consistently said they want a quick resolution to release the money, why is a 5pm today deadline not suitable? They've known about this proposal for long enough to make a decision.

Because you really don’t need to finalise a decision on the league to do the right thing and release the prize money just now.
We are in unique and dangerous waters. The SPFL should be looking after the smaller clubs, not trying to force their hands....

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

This is far more likely to draw the whole thing out than actually end up in a quick solution. A no vote and clubs will continue to struggle and some may even go down the swanny. They should be concentrating on a way to get the money out to clubs without details on promotion and relegation putting walls up to that. If we can vote to end a season on a random weekend in march you cant tell me that we cant have a vote to release cash to clubs without some having to agree some kind of caveats not in their interests.

10 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Probably not, assuming that Thistle also voted "No". And taking things further, say Montrose and Stranraer vote "No" and Airdrie, Forfar, East Fife, Peterhead, Clyde and Dumbarton voted "Yes", then maybe we don't boycott Montrose and Stranraer either. Is it a secret ballot or an open ballot, anybody know?

Partick Thistle and Stranraer are definitely voting no - we have more to lose than Falkirk even if the yes vote goes through 

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The Falkirk board statement is an absolute embarrassment btw. It essentially says "we'll vote for it if you put us up".

We aren't an easy club to like if you look at it dispassionately. 

It's exactly what your fans have been saying throughout this whole thing, any talk of wanting clubs to hand together for the good of the Scottish game is absolutely horseshit, if you were in Raiths position you wouldn't be seen for dust. 

The Falkirk board, and fans are shiting it from another season down here, with Partick who would be able to surpass whatever budget they have, and with McCall would have a better manager. A second season down here, followed by a third if the playoffs don't go well would soon see all those pasts having a go at Raiths begging bowls look very, very foolish.. 

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

I’ve already posted on your home page about the despicable situation. I’m assuming your a level headed guy, and probably like the majority of Partick & Falkirk fans, we accept that this seasons football has fell well short of our expectations. However this appalling blackmail act for a yes vote should have no place in our Football. 

Agree completely and blackmail is exactly what it is

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's exactly what your fans have been saying throughout this whole thing, any talk of wanting clubs to hand together for the good of the Scottish game is absolutely horseshit, if you were in Raiths position you wouldn't be seen for dust. 

The Falkirk board, and fans are shiting it from another season down here, with Partick who would be able to surpass whatever budget they have, and with McCall would have a better manager. A second season down here, followed by a third if the playoffs don't go well would soon see all those pasts having a go at Raiths begging bowls look very, very foolish.. 

McCall's done a worse job with partick than mckinnon did with us last season ffs.😂😂

25 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Partick Thistle and Stranraer are definitely voting no - we have more to lose than Falkirk even if the yes vote goes through 

Will mccall get the boot if the worst happens or will you risk making the same mistake we made keeping on mckinnon? I'm surprised at how bad hes done since taking over in September. He like McKinnon has had more than long enough to turn things around.

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Falkirk will have a decent budget. Purely on guesswork not sure if ours will be much different to there’s or if we would surpass it

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not for morton fans but I'm sure it is for the likes of clyde. Hell of an achievement when you consider how dreadful mckinnon turned out to be though.

Clyde are rapist worshipping mutants and their club, and their fans, are a continued irrelevance.

But for the casual observer the Falkirk/McKinnon saga was still funnier.

I do agree, however, that McCall had a better team to start with that Ray, was closer to safety than McKinnon and has signed better players as well. Not only that but he's chasing an Alloa team beset with injuries and a Queen of the South team in freefall and still fucking it up. Last season's Championship, especially the bottom end, was dross but this year has managed to be worse

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Will mccall get the boot if the worst happens or will you risk making the same mistake we made keeping on mckinnon? I'm surprised at how bad hes done since taking over in September. He like McKinnon has had more than long enough to turn things around.

He will be kept, the club has been a shambles for 3 years now. Yes there’s no question mccall has been very disappointing this season but unlike mckinnon who hasn’t really impressed anywhere mccall completely rebuilt Ayr and has them challenging at top of championship and there are signs elsewhere (not least with Falkirk and Airdrieonians that he can be a very decent manager).  
he was also given a 3 year deal, given we had only recently finished paying off Archibald and are still paying off caldwell and kerr we certainly couldn’t afford to pay off mccall.

however if we don’t get promoted from league one next season either by winning league or play off Place then he will rightly be sacked

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Clyde are rapist worshipping mutants and their club, and their fans, are a continued irrelevance.

But for the casual observer the Falkirk/McKinnon saga was still funnier.

I do agree, however, that McCall had a better team to start with that Ray, was closer to safety than McKinnon and has signed better players as well. Not only that but he's chasing an Alloa team beset with injuries and a Queen of the South team in freefall and still fucking it up. Last season's Championship, especially the bottom end, was dross but this year has managed to be worse

We have tended to play better against better quality sides this season.  Comfortably beat arbroath in the scottish and were very unlucky against hearts and would've got something from ayr in the league cup if it hadn't been for a shocking ref decision to send one of our boys off for feck all. It's the games against dross like clyde that has cost us unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Get your facts straight mate, majority of Falkirk fans hold high integrity over getting promoted with a quarter of games still to play. Start worrying about your own club, permanently in debt, high possibly you could be dragged into relegation play offs etc and yet another “ go and fund me page” 

Aw that's cute, absolutely wrong on every point, but cute. 

Enjoy League 1 x

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Falkirk will have a decent budget. Purely on guesswork not sure if ours will be much different to there’s or if we would surpass it

You'd have the prize money from finishing 10th in the championship which is higher than what Falkirk would receive I'd imagine. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aw that's cute, absolutely wrong on every point, but cute. 

Enjoy League 1 x

You'd have the prize money from finishing 10th in the championship which is higher than what Falkirk would receive I'd imagine. 

I think it’s only about £30,009 difference- obviously better than nothing but in football terms not a fortune