The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You've utterly missed the point about 7 times in a row.

Anyway, to answer the question you posed (it's polite, you see), by the time it got to July or whatever then UEFA would make the cal for all 55 associations.

UEFA cant do that.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Incidentally thanks to the fact we're shackled to England, we know all about their football. What are all the other leagues doing? We only have heard about Belgium.

I dont think.a single one outside belgium is making a final decision now. We're the only clowns doing that.

15 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You're basing that on what exactly? Nothing at all. And whilst disregarding reconstruction and "rigidly sticking" to the current league structure  it's fine to rip up a voting system which has been in place for years, which all clubs are presumably fully aware of and which would itself require a vote to be amended. Making it up as you go along.

There isnt a proposal, IMO, that gets those votes.

Voiding is off the table by all accounts.

Ending as is will have the same issues as this.

Reconstruction has issues. 14 team top flight unfairly promotes one out of three play off teams. 16 team top flight doesnt comply with TV deal needing 4 OF fixtures, unless you cut the number of games one half is getting.

Theres not a single way to resolve this everyone is going to agree on.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So if they tell the spfl that they need to finish the league to qualify for european football we'll.just ignore them.

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The ultimate arbiters of association football in Europe can't declare the season over? Can't, or won't? (iyo)

UEFA cannot tell leagues how to end. They have no power at all over that. The only thing they control is their own competitions. Theyve said if you void the season you'll lose qualification to their tournaments, which is why the top flight is holding off until the 23rd. Presumably UEFA will clear up the qualification to their own tournaments on that day, and the top flight can then end.

Just a question, what point lead is acceptable to call it?

We know that a 1 point lead with 24 to go for second is not enough, per posts here. 13 or 14 points clear, with 27 available to the second place team is enough, so where is the cutoff. Just wondering, is there a bright line somewhere.

Expectations mean  nowt. Raith have been just as shit as us this season in losing to teams like stranraer and peterhead.

Tom English knows feck all. He seems to expect every lower league club will automatically accept it for cash. I've yet to hear a league chairman say they think it will pass.

You might be right. However, I think you are basing your view that it won’t go through predominantly on fairness.

The clubs are being offered a sweetener to accept, in that they will receive end of season cash. Otherwise it’s being withheld. When clubs are trying to survive believe me fairness goes out the window.

Bribery and self interest usually prevails....

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

There isnt a proposal, IMO, that gets those votes.

Voiding is off the table by all accounts.

Ending as is will have the same issues as this.

Reconstruction has issues. 14 team top flight unfairly promotes one out of three play off teams. 16 team top flight doesnt comply with TV deal needing 4 OF fixtures, unless you cut the number of games one half is getting.

Theres not a single way to resolve this everyone is going to agree on.

UEFA cannot tell leagues how to end. They have no power at all over that. The only thing they control is their own competitions. Theyve said if you void the season you'll lose qualification to their tournaments, which is why the top flight is holding off until the 23rd. Presumably UEFA will clear up the qualification to their own tournaments on that day, and the top flight can then end.

UEFA have consistently said you need to finish off your season to qualify. Why are they suddenly going to change that given that the vast majority of european leagues are still of the opinion they want to finish their leagues off?  Nobody apart from us seems to have  started discussing this with their clubs 

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

You might be right. However, I think you are basing your view that it won’t go through predominantly on fairness.

The clubs are being offered a sweetener to accept, in that they will receive end of season cash. Otherwise it’s being withheld. When clubs are trying to survive believe me fairness goes out the window.

Your right. As I've said repeatedly some  prize money should be given out now full stop.  No need for it to be part of the whole deal. Give the clubs cash and then like every other league in europe apart from belgium hold off to see what happens regarding uefa etc.

Buying the place is now out of the question in light of the last few days posts. We owe the facility no loyalty goodwill or affection.
In all my 40 + years in business, have never encountered such a contrived and complicated arrangement.
Sever all ties and financial commitments to it. Our only involvement should be as a potential client hiring bits of the facility as and when required.
It would be a prudent course of action cutting our overheads on one of our largest weekly outgoings of funds.

What about groundsharing with Cameron juniors

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

UEFA have consistently said you need to finish off your season to qualify. 

They havent, at all. 

They've merely stated that qualification needs to come through "sporting achievement", and voiding the league and awarding the spots to the previous years qualifiers doesnt fit that criteria.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just a question, what point lead is acceptable to call it?

We know that a 1 point lead with 24 to go for second is not enough, per posts here. 13 or 14 points clear, with 27 available to the second place team is enough, so where is the cutoff. Just wondering, is there a bright line somewhere.

Footballs a funny old game as greavsie said. The strangest things have happened with sides blowing huge leads and others coming back from the dead. 

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Whether it will pass is one thing, but I think many boards and chairmen will be willing to vote yes. I see the Championship as being the toughest nut to crack. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They havent, at all. 

They've merely stated that qualification needs to come through "sporting achievement", and voiding the league and awarding the spots to the previous years qualifiers doesnt fit that criteria.

So why are they holding off a final decision on the spfl then if UEFA are happy to let them end the season now and hand out euro places as is?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So why are they holding off a final decision on the spfl then if UEFA are happy to let them end the season now and hand out euro places as is?

Because theres a UEFA meeting between all the associations on the 23rd which is setting everything in stone. Theres no point rushing a decision which might affect you when you can just wait a few weeks. Nobody even knows how European competitions will work next season yet.

I've no idea why the lower leagues arent waiting to the same date, but I'd doubt theyve just picked this week at random for the vote.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because theres a UEFA meeting between all the associations on the 23rd which is setting everything in stone. Theres no point rushing a decision which might affect you when you can just wait a few weeks. Nobody even knows how European competitions will work next season yet.

I've no idea why the lower leagues arent waiting to the same date, but I'd doubt theyve just picked this week at random for the vote.

Because the spfl are bribing them to accept this deal by saying it's the only way they will get their cash which is complete tosh.  Should be prize money now and then let's wait and see what happens at the UEFA meeting etc like every other european league except belgium.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Because the spfl are bribing them to accept this deal by saying it's the only way they will get their cash which is complete tosh.  Should be prize money now and then let's wait and see what happens at the UEFA meeting etc like every other european league except belgium.

As I say, the rush must've come from the clubs.

Ayr Uniteds chairman saying the cant go another two months without prize money or theyll vanish. Itll be worse in League One/Two.

Please dont compare it to English football, the money down there dwarfs up here.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, the rush must've come from the clubs.

Ayr Uniteds chairman saying the cant go another two months without prize money or theyll vanish. Itll be worse in League One/Two.

Please dont compare it to English football, the money down there dwarfs up here.

Whose stopping them from getting their prize money? Only the spfl board.  Ayr can quite easily be given their cash or most of it just now without having to have a vote on the league situation.    As you said previously the top flight clubs have already been given some cash to help tide them over. No reason it couldnt be the same in lower leagues.

Efl are in the same boat with clubs needing the money desperately. They though aren't pushing their clubs into making a decision on the leagues by withholding their prize money. It's getting given out now to allow clubs to remain afloat whilst they wait and see what happens.

Edited by Shadwell Dog