The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I disagree. 

If that were the case there would be no financial benefit to the club, so why would they be so keen on it happening?  

Replacing one set of shareholders who don't invest with more of the same achieves nothing. Other than perhaps giving you a difference set of skills that you can tap into.

Lex Miller was reported as being keen to sell his shares, but the rumours at the time didn't mention the Rawlins as buyers. 

Much more to come on this I think. 

that is very much one of my concerns,

The 26% the Rawlins are buying are coming from current major shareholders, they will need paid out, unless you think LM and CL will let the money stay with the club?, I for one don't see that happening. I get the feeling Gow is has been sidelined a bit and it's the same block of shares the Rawlins are buying that he was after - i may of course be wrong on that.

I'm sure there may be another group or two willing to invest in the share issue, with all the monies staying with the club but as you said much more to come out on this.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

From Gary Deans in his report to shareholders.

He states that the Rawlins will be purchasing NEW shares.

If that's the case, assume the club will be purchasing the shares from the outgoing major shareholders first,(how else would they get paid?) therefore the club ends up no better financially. All the extra money in the coffers will be coming from fans buying up shares at the share issue.

13 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

If that's the case, assume the club will be purchasing the shares from the outgoing major shareholders first,(how else would they get paid?) therefore the club ends up no better financially. All the extra money in the coffers will be coming from fans buying up shares at the share issue.

Presumably the Rawlins' will be buying their shares at the share issue too?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

yes, that seems to be what DPB is saying, however their money will most likely be filling the hole after paying out the major shareholders who are selling. (assuming the club will be purchasing them directly, which may or may not be the case)

4 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It says that the Rawlins and other new shareholders will be buying their shares at the same price (40p) with the Rawlins taking up to 26% of the Total Share Capital. Makes no reference about existing shareholders selling out.

With the increased Capital the percentage holdings of the MSG will naturally dilute.

Dont know about Lex but I understand that SA has no desire to sell.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It says that the Rawlins and other new shareholders will be buying their shares at the same price (40p) with the Rawlins taking up to 26% of the Total Share Capital. Makes no reference about existing shareholders selling out.

With the increased Capital the percentage holdings of the MSG will naturally dilute.

Dont know about Lex but I understand that SA has no desire to sell.

agreed on SA but i'm pretty sure LM, CL and maybe another are offski - and if they are they will need paid out by someone.

59 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

agreed on SA but i'm pretty sure LM, CL and maybe another are offski - and if they are they will need paid out by someone.

You've posted two or three times now about the club buying their shares. I don't understand. 

Why would the club buy back shares? Is there something in the company rules that says this has to happen? 

Surely if any shareholder wants to cash in it's up to them to find a buyer and negotiate a price. The club may have to rubber-stamp any transaction, but that's not the same as funding it. 

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You've posted two or three times now about the club buying their shares. I don't understand. 

Why would the club buy back shares? Is there something in the company rules that says this has to happen? 

Surely if any shareholder wants to cash in it's up to them to find a buyer and negotiate a price. The club may have to rubber-stamp any transaction, but that's not the same as funding it. 

I'm surmising to a degree, if the Rawlins' are buying new shares from the share issue and current shareholders are selling up, it may be a way for the club to facilitate them buying new shares rather than directly from current/outgoing shareholders. - may be completely wrong of course, sure we will find out soon.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Agree with this.

Glad Leitch is getting a shot. Basically hasn’t had one with us and looked good in Friendlies 

Imo club needs to get better at communicating with fans re injuries. Most other clubs you get sound bites 4-6 weeks for x player etc. we know little about Alston and Todd.