The Falkirk FC Thread

Excellent, thanks for settling that.

Moving on.

Mark Kerr, Falkirk News Photo - Getty Images

14 - 249 Appearances from 1998-2003 and 2015-2018.

Stylish midfielder Mark Kerr. Highly coveted as a youngster, he was one of the best prospects in Champ Manager 02/03 in world football. Tremendous career spraying passes around and shooting poorly over the bar. Can't believe he scored 11 times for us as it became a bit of a joke. He cost me a round of drinks for the boys in the South Enclosure when scoring v Arbroath in April 03 after I bet he would go the whole season without scoring at home.

Still, his passing and control of games was tremendous. Never quite fulfilled his promise though, I fear.

I think its fairly obvious that relegation and subsequent Covid restrictions are the main reasons ST sales are lower.  
Any initiative that brings in extra money should be supported, the 'wall' is a no brainer.  

It is simply papering over cracks. By all means do it - the big prize is lost ST holders returning

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

The 3rd player looks like Dom Sullivan, who was a coach and had a trial period. I don't think he ever played a competitive match for us though? It's certainly not Brockville either and I didn't think Dens Park had a terrace as shallow as that? Must be though, unless it was a friendly played elsewhere maybe?

The player behind Perry is another ex bairn Bobby Ford

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Like George Miller and John Prentice great inspiring leaders and captains of the club but sadly and unfairly remembered more for their stint as managers.

Yogis management spell at Falkirk was a million times better than the other two. Was just towards the end it went a bit sour. The others were murder fae start to finish.

32 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

On a slightly different topic, listened to the directors discuss the forthcoming AGM and general discussion on the vision for the club. Really pleased that we have people onboard with that will bring change and honesty.

Reading between the lines of what was said, the impression I got was that the money from Rawlins - if they get accepted - is what will keep us afloat throughout the season regardless of what happens with covid. 

The alternative is that we have enough cash reserves to survive on our own but the pot will be empty when it comes to building a squad next summer. 

So either way it would seem we need them onboard. 

19 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

John Hughes urges SPFL to consider 14-team solution | The Scotsman

16 - 246 Appearances

1990-1995, and 2002 to 2006.

Dreadful striker, poor midfielder, colossal central defender. 14 goals, plus leadership, bravery and inspiration to the team. Played in the SPL once aged 41. Managed us from 02 to 09, but that's a debate for elsewhere.

Yogi "John" Hughes.

Omg I just love him 😍 

I quite liked the interview too, everyone came across well and you do get the feeling that there are new directions and ideas for the club that are being explored.

I'd be very interested in hearing more about the fans share issue as it's something I'd be keen on in theory but have very little understanding of how it'll all work.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Reading between the lines of what was said, the impression I got was that the money from Rawlins - if they get accepted - is what will keep us afloat throughout the season regardless of what happens with covid. 

The alternative is that we have enough cash reserves to survive on our own but the pot will be empty when it comes to building a squad next summer. 

So either way it would seem we need them onboard. 

I would think any monies from the Rawlins will end up in the pockets of the major shareholders who are selling up,

It will be money from the fans through the share issue that actually boosts the clubs finances.

30 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

I would think any monies from the Rawlins will end up in the pockets of the major shareholders who are selling up,

I disagree. 

If that were the case there would be no financial benefit to the club, so why would they be so keen on it happening?  

Replacing one set of shareholders who don't invest with more of the same achieves nothing. Other than perhaps giving you a difference set of skills that you can tap into.

Lex Miller was reported as being keen to sell his shares, but the rumours at the time didn't mention the Rawlins as buyers. 

Much more to come on this I think.