The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

From various interviews that have been reported, I think it's a given that our next (and final?) signing will be a CH. Maybe even one that's capable of filling in a fullback position, or a fullback who can play CH. As Kingsley would have been. 

I'm not sure we need a winger. Laverty is a promising (if untested) backup who was unlucky to pick up an injury early in preseason and who hopefully won't be out for much longer. Todd has shown  glimpses of what he can do and Connolly seems to have been rejuvenated since M&M arrived. That's three players for two positions, before you count the fact that Alston can play there too. And then there's Cal Morrison. 

From what I've seen of his performances during the four preseason games, Morrison is top quality. The boy is a player. If he remains clear of injury then signing another winger would be a waste of a wage. 

No doubt that Morrison and Connolly will be our starting two wingers. Todd was played more centrally when he started for us last season and Alston as well will most likely be played centrally. That leaves Leitch and Laverty as our cover out wide who are both untested albeit Leitch has shown glimpses in preseason of what he can do. The centre backs a necessity the other winger would just be a nice to have especially if they bring a bit more quality into our squad. 

From various interviews that have been reported, I think it's a given that our next (and final?) signing will be a CH. Maybe even one that's capable of filling in a fullback position, or a fullback who can play CH. As Kingsley would have been. 
I'm not sure we need a winger. Laverty is a promising (if untested) backup who was unlucky to pick up an injury early in preseason and who hopefully won't be out for much longer. Todd has shown  glimpses of what he can do and Connolly seems to have been rejuvenated since M&M arrived. That's three players for two positions, before you count the fact that Alston can play there too. And then there's Cal Morrison. 
From what I've seen of his performances during the four preseason games, Morrison is top quality. The boy is a player. If he remains clear of injury then signing another winger would be a waste of a wage. 

As well as them we’ve got Robbie Leitch who seems to be more of a wide player, the ghost of Charlie Telfer and even Conor Sammon has one of his best games for us playing wide left away to Raith.

We’ve more than enough midfielders in the squad. Only really the defence that needs strengthened now with us getting that young jobber on loan from Motherwell as a back-up ‘keeper.

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Totally agree. CH should be the last signing, no need for another winger.

Having versatile players is key, no point collecting multiple players for every position when there is no reserve league and considering the current climate.

I really hope this season starts and finishes normally as we have a reet gid chance IMO.  

I don't think the young lad will be back up keeper all season, anyone know the length of his short term deal? 

I’m pretty sure the minimum term for a contract has to be ‘window to window’. However the loan could technically be until January but agreed between the clubs that we would terminate the loan next week when Morrison gets back from Scotland under 21 duty if it’s indeed correct that’s who we’re bringing in.

Do any of you fine people know of a good place to watch tonight's game abroad? Premier Sports doesn't work here in Germany even with a VPN. 

EDIT- Friday night. f**k the Scotland game, bunch of uninspiring c***s. 

Edited by Stellaboz

22 minutes ago, Russ said:

I’m pretty sure the minimum term for a contract has to be ‘window to window’. However the loan could technically be until January but agreed between the clubs that we would terminate the loan next week when Morrison gets back from Scotland under 21 duty if it’s indeed correct that’s who we’re bringing in.

With him being a goalie though I'd presume it's an emergency loan just like st Mirren had when all their keepers went down.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

With him being a goalie though I'd presume it's an emergency loan just like st Mirren had when all their keepers went down.

Can you get an emergency goalie loan when you have a fit one? I don't know.

17 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have lost 1000 ST holders since we got relegated to this league. That is over 200k in income. I am one of those and had absolutely not contact from the club to ask the reason why or encourage me to buy. They would be better chasing that lost income that gimmicks like this. Much more productive use of commercial time.

I think its fairly obvious that relegation and subsequent Covid restrictions are the main reasons ST sales are lower.  

Any initiative that brings in extra money should be supported, the 'wall' is a no brainer.  

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Can you get an emergency goalie loan when you have a fit one? I don't know.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

As long as we don’t end up with Graeme Bowman on the bench as a trialist again.

Surely no goalkeeper at all  is better than having Graeme Bowman.

Or Auld Jean if she's not covering for the Sammon.

Just added Premier Sports on to my Virgin sub. Approx £12.
Have to take for a month.
Will  get family members round to watch therefore quite cheap.
Just hope game is not cancelled.
Weekend restaurant bookings scrapped so therefore big savings.

You are going to charge family members to come round and watch the game on your tv??…

53 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just added Premier Sports on to my Virgin sub. Approx £12.

Have to take for a month.

Will  get family members round to watch therefore quite cheap.

Just hope game is not cancelled.

Weekend restaurant bookings scrapped so therefore big savings.

So you're happy to break the rules that have been put in place to save lives?