The Falkirk FC Thread

What's the point of our club just now?

I can't help feeling the same. Whilst this season was always going to be a midtable slugfest, we're showing absolutely nothing to get excited about. Turn up, play for 45 minutes, take a draw, be grateful you're not Hibs fans.

Surely OTJ has to be better than this...cause he's been fucking garbage so far..can't run pass tackle & most unforgivably can't jump for a header ...templeton outjumped him for a ball....we've signed two hibs midfielders who couldn't get into the worst hibs team in living memory wtf is going on Houston

So I went to the game tonight as a Falkirk supporting neutral, and I must admit it brought all of those Peter Houston memories flooding back. A clogged up narrow midfield 5 with no width and repeated long balls that don't work, it really did remind me of just how much I dislike that man as a manager. I was really disappointed in Falkirk, having seen them a few times under Holt It was a completely different side that took on Rangers tonight and it was a lacklustre performance to say the very least.

Good to see Houston keeping up his record of signing journeymen to replace promising youngsters, and the less said about Owain Tudur Jones the better, what an absolute mare of a footballer. You have a young, energetic (but sometimes a bit heavy-handed) midfielder in Durojaiye on the bench and yet an immovable carthorse like Jones gets a game instead.

I might be biased but the sooner you get rid of a dinosaur like Peter Houston the better. Falkirk have taken a huge step back in appointing someone like him.

Apologies if I am way off the mark I just couldn't handle being so close to Houston again it brought back all the memories! (I don't credit him with our Scottish Cup win which is something many Utd fans still use to try and say he was a good manager for us)

What's the point of our club just now?

I was as attached to the club as I have been in years in the immediate aftermath of the Hibs game. The McGrandles sale and the fallout from it have left me as fucked off as I have been in my adult life.

We will be part time before 2020.

I was as attached to the club as I have been in years in the immediate aftermath of the Hibs game. The McGrandles sale and the fallout from it have left me as fucked off as I have been in my adult life.

We will be part time before 2020.

Can't say that I've felt attached with the team at any point this year. There's nothing in the team. No characters. No Farid, Higginbotham, Taylor or Millar that could turn a game for us. McGrandles perhaps but he would be struggling carrying that team.

We will go part time and then blame the rest of Scottish football for it.

More than half the team from last season are gone, its not football manager we are playing tho it has to be said re-signing Millar would've helped but none of us know the truth over that.

We are perhaps similar to last season in that nothing gelled till Millar came in. I sometimes think Holt seen this coming and jumped to OK higher money but less responsibility. The academy is lesser now, the well isn't dry but has less water than previous years and so far albeit early days Smith and Jones look as alive as the real Smith and Jones.

All I'm going on is Jones was supposed to be great at Inverness and a welsh international and a few were shocked Smith was allowed to leave, neither have kicked a ball yet or even looked interested, Smiths debut has to be one of the worst I've seen and the 2nd game in similar fashion.

A Raith kick start is all I can hope for

A general question tho...who was the last Welshman to play for us.... I can't seem to think of many

Can't say that I've felt attached with the team at any point this year. There's nothing in the team. No characters. No Farid, Higginbotham, Taylor or Millar that could turn a game for us. McGrandles perhaps but he would be struggling carrying that team.

We will go part time and then blame the rest of Scottish football for it.

we should be going part time...what is the point in staying full time when we go into every season praying for player sales to balance the books....we have heard since relegation how the overheads leave us in a perilous position...well we need to change the business go part time say "this is what we can afford to run as a sustainable part time team" & i guarantee the overheads will reduce exponentially....we will probably have a thousand fans who chuck it overnight so what...its not as if we use the bigger crowds we get than anyone else in the division (xcept the big 3 this year of course) to our advantage..there is no way this board ever intend to mount a serious challenge in this league all they are interested in is mitigating their personal losses. can we honestly say our plyers are that much better than dumbartons despite having four times their average crowd? i dont think so. i would rather pay enthusiastic part time wages than full time to charlatans like OTJ who doesnt try a leg

A general question tho...who was the last Welshman to play for us.... I can't seem to think of many

Jack Compton? Was he Welsh or did we just sign him from a welsh club.

Far too early too start getting on the back of the players/'management but we desperately need to start winning games. We are lacking something within us but looking at our squad you would think we have a potentially good team there.

When the players stop playing/trying for Housty then I will be worried

Jack Compton? Was he Welsh or did we just sign him from a welsh club.

Far too early too start getting on the back of the players/'management but we desperately need to start winning games. We are lacking something within us but looking at our squad you would think we have a potentially good team there.

When the players stop playing/trying for Housty then I will be worried

Do you think Loy is giving 100% at the moment? This isn't a go at Rory Loy by the way.