The Falkirk FC Thread

Yes that's what I mean, maybury doesn't need to be sub as Rowan can be there and maybury can concentrate on the coaching side.

Out the 14 players that played yesterday in your opinion who didn't look interested?

Interested and not good enough are the main issues. Jury still out on all the new recruits but smith and Jones are probably main ones giving out the going through the motions, I've got a 2yr contract I'm sorted... Smith performances so far make him look half the player that Shepherd is now. The biggest thing Jones has done so far is score an own goal.

Yesterdays performance was as poor as I've seen for years and the next game can wait, whereas most weeks win lose or draw, I'm keen on next game

Those two are utter failures. Bizarre signings from you guys. Always on paper you think, "ah these guys have played at a higher level" but at the same time they were part of one of the worst Hibernian sides in decades. Is it any worse than signing a player from say cowdenbeath or dumbarton? (No disrespect to those sides)

t.b.f. is this not the worst Hibs side in decades??? (Unless they beat Sevco tomorrow)

Guest Back Post Misses

Taiwo might've been upset at being taken off yesterday but that doesn't change the fact he's absolutely rank and offers us absolutely nothing.

So far Houstons signings leave a lot to be desired, MacDonald aside. We've got Maybury who is finished and should be nowhere near true first-team. Cooper who after having a decent pre-season has done nothing when it really matters and is struggling to even get off the bench these days, Taiwo a centre-midfielder that can't pass the ball 2 yards. Awful. Tudor Jones is just there to be a big c**t in the middle of the park again another midfielder that can't pass the ball, Smith I saw for the first time yesterday and he contributed nothing and that leaves us with Boulding who in the glimpses we've seen so far looks John Stewart like in his pishness. His attempted cross yesterday really summed him up.

Obviously we don't know how much these guys are on a week but it looks like Houston had a decent enough budget to go and get a few players in but he's failed miserably so far and brought the wrong players in.

Maybury was brought in as cover and to coach under 20's. I think Taiwo has been ok till OTJ came in. Cooper is poor. Both OTJ and Smith need games before I will judge them fully and Shaughnessy has been good. McDonald has done well.

I am actually more concerned about the decent one from last season who have been rank rotten. Namely Alston, Loy and Vaulks. We have been let down badly by these three IMO.

Your summary could well turn out to be correct but I believe a little more time is due before making my mind up fully.

Edited by Back Post Misses

Maybury was brought in as cover and to coach under 20's. I think Taiwo has been ok till OTJ came in. Cooper is poor. Both OTJ and Smith need games before I will judge them fully and Shaughnessy has been good. McDonald has done well.

I am actually more concerned about the decent one from last season who have been rank rotten. Namely Alston, Loy and Vaulks. We have been let down badly by these three IMO.

Your summary could well turn out to be correct but I believe a little more time is due before making my mind up fully.

Coopers has had 6 starts 3 of them he was decent, compared with OTJ 4 starts and Smiths 3 Starts, I would say at least Cooper has looked ok, albeit against lesser teams and Rangers compared with Smiths and OTJ so far.......The jury is still out on all of the new signings still for me, tho Shug and McDonald have both fitted in like a gloves, tho McDonalds weaknesses are crossed balls and crossing, but as a shot stopper, he has been superb.

Vaulks deserved to be dropped last week, he has been poor, by his standard. Alston has been up and down and deserved to be dropped and kinda came back stronger recently, but I dont get this Loy criticism, I really dont.

I honestly dont know what Houstie will have for us this week in team selection and formation, this is probably where the problem lies. A team riding high, usually has their team pick itself or thereabouts each week

Agree. We are more timid than at any time since Pressley's worst periodin charge. Thing is, every team outwith Hearts and Sevco plays in pretty much the same way, so timid draws are going to be an increasingly common outcome.

Don't concede, don't concede.......score.........defend a bit deeper, a bit deeper, a bit deeper again.........concede equalizer. Everybody happy. Full time whistle blows.

Guest Back Post Misses

Coopers has had 6 starts 3 of them he was decent, compared with OTJ 4 starts and Smiths 3 Starts, I would say at least Cooper has looked ok, albeit against lesser teams and Rangers compared with Smiths and OTJ so far.......The jury is still out on all of the new signings still for me, tho Shug and McDonald have both fitted in like a gloves, tho McDonalds weaknesses are crossed balls and crossing, but as a shot stopper, he has been superb.

Vaulks deserved to be dropped last week, he has been poor, by his standard. Alston has been up and down and deserved to be dropped and kinda came back stronger recently, but I dont get this Loy criticism, I really dont.

I honestly dont know what Houstie will have for us this week in team selection and formation, this is probably where the problem lies. A team riding high, usually has their team pick itself or thereabouts each week

Were you there Saturday? Loy was rank rotten

We've had SNP in the recent past, and there's a Labour one there at the moment. That's okay, and I wouldn't even have batted an eyelid if there was a Tory one, but I'm a bit disappointed to learn we're taking money from UKIP.

We have a Labour Party hoarding. Both Labour & the Conservatives enter the Shirt Draw every year too with the Conservatives actually getting 3rd or 4th prize in it a couple of years ago.

Our TV live games record is great. In recent memory

Falkirk 0-2 Sevco League

Falkirk 0-2 Sevco Scot Cup

Falkirk 0-5 Aberdeen league cup

Falkirk 3-4 Hibs AET Hampden Scot cup semi

Celtic 3-1 Falkirk Hampden League cup semi

Falkirk 1-0 Hamilton Livingston Ramsdens cup

Killie 0-0 Falkirk league relegated us

Have I missed any since we came down in 2010?

Edited by Gaz FFC

Our TV live games record is great. In recent memory

Falkirk 0-2 Sevco League

Falkirk 0-2 Sevco Scot Cup

Falkirk 0-5 Aberdeen league cup

Falkirk 3-4 Hibs AET Hampden Scot cup semi

Celtic 3-1 Falkirk Hampden League cup semi

Falkirk 1-0 Hamilton Livingston Ramsdens cup

Killie 0-0 Falkirk league relegated us

Have I missed any since we came down in 2010?

Unbeaten on Alba......hmmmmm

The Falkirk Fans Group are running another annual survey of Falkirk Fans.

In a recent National Newspaper article The Chairman believes the club acted on last years survey and the relationship with the support has improved.

The survey is designed to try and test that theory as well as giving feedback to the club on specific areas

It is broadly the same as last year however a couple of new questions have been added as well as options within questions. The odd question has been reworded to try and clear up a little confusion from last year.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/falkirkfans2014

The survey will be open for two or three weeks and the report will be published as before.

Hopefully you will take time to fill it in.

Thanks in advance