The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If he's playing against Ben Hall he'll absolutely dominate him. With Hall having been at Partick before us they'll all know he's the weak link so even if Kelly's not 100% there yet I'd still rather see him start.

Tricky one after an excellent result.  Would the managers change the side after a win and clear sheet? Not sure.

If Durnan can get his better form back perhaps Hall will become more confident as I think that his problem
I'm unsure. Dont know if you can get physicality from someone who naturally avoids it.

I cant remember who we played but it may have been his first game for us, I remember a striker getting right into Hall early doors and he looked like he wasnt expecting it/didnt know how to react. He grew into it that game and started giving a bit back. Think I can mind of saying eventually that striker looked like he may have begun to lose the head. So it is in there with Hall. He has a no nonsense CH and a striker who really knows how to put his body about teaching him. If he cant learn from those two what's required theres no hope for him

Definitely want Durnan against Graham. That would be a decent match up as Graham doesn’t have any sort of skill that Durnan can’t match. Graham against Hall not a great prospect.

Really don’t think it’s a confidence thing with Hall. If L1 footie was a non contact sport, he’d be fine, but as things stand, the guy has looked intimidated by every opposing forward he has come up against.

Once Kelly gets the LB berth, there is surely no way Hall could be selected ahead of Dixon.

20 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I thought Partick had a decent squad on paper, with Rudden absolutely molesting defenses at this level. But it doesn't seem to be working out so far, hopefully a good time to play them before they get their shit together 

I looked at their team from Saturday and it looks a poor rabble of a squad.

I dont think we have an outstanding squad but I wouldnt swap many from Partick for our squad

20 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At the moment ruddens had one decent season with us and done nowt else. Must be serious question marks over whether he's going to make it at any decent level.

Very much where I am re Rudden, the one season with us he was pushed to the limits which seems to have done him more harm.

Rudden is probably my favourite loan player of the 2010s, never seen a loan player out in the shift he done week in and week out. 

Edit to add it’s been a pretty low bar with our loan signings since relegation from the SPL in 2010z.

Edited by gav-ffc

Rudden is probably my favourite loan player of the 2010s, never seen a loan player out in the shift he done week in and week out. 

Edit to add it’s been a pretty low bar with our loan signings since relegation from the SPL in 2010z.

He was only here to score f*****g goals...

Doesn’t look like his motto at Thistle though.

Along with Rudden I reckon the only good loanees we’ve had in that period is Harry Burgoyne, Declan McManus, DKD, Danny Rogers (first time), Andy Nelson and Alex Jalubiak.

So 7 good loans in 10 years with loads of shite in there as well. I’d have Rudden second behind McManus with Burgoyne very close as well.

6 hours ago, Russ said:

Along with Rudden I reckon the only good loanees we’ve had in that period is Harry Burgoyne, Declan McManus, DKD, Danny Rogers (first time), Andy Nelson and Alex Jalubiak.

So 7 good loans in 10 years with loads of shite in there as well. I’d have Rudden second behind McManus with Burgoyne very close as well.

Well here is the list from our first season in division 1 in 2010.

2010/11

Ross Perry - Rangers 

Jason Marr - Celtic 

2011/12

Rhys Bennett - Bolton 

Murray Wallace - Huddersfield ( loan back after permanent move)

2012/13

No loans 

2013/14 

Mark Millar - Dundee United 

Mark Beck - Carlisle

Joe Chalmers - Celtic

Rakish Bingham - Wigan

2014/15 

Joe Shaugnessy - Aberdeen

Taylor Morgan - Östersunds

2015/16

Danny Rogers - Aberdeen

Ryan Sinnimon - Rangers

Conor McGrandles - Norwich 

2017/17

Danny Rogers - Aberdeen 

2017/18

Louis Longridge - Hamilton

Alex Jakubiak - Watford 

Andy Nelson - Sunderland

Regan Tumulity - Ross county 

Conor Hazard - Celtic 

Ryan Blair - Swansea

2018/19

Marcus Haber - Dundee

Andy Irving - Hearts

Ruben Sammut -Chelsea

Dan Turner - Port vale 

Zak Rudden - Rangers

Dkd - Ross county

William Edgjungele - Dundee United

Harry Burgoyne - Wolves

Shane Lavery - Everton

Aaron Jarvis - Luton

Mark Waddington - Stoke

2019/20

David McMillan - St Johnstone

Declan McManus - Ross county

Rafa de vita - Livingston

Calum Ferrie - Dundee

Lewis Moore - Hearts

Pj Morrison - Motherwell

Matthew Connelly - Motherwell

Euan Deveney - Killie 

Well here is the list from our first season in division 1 in 2010.

2010/11

Ross Perry - Rangers 

Jason Marr - Celtic 

2011/12

Rhys Bennett - Bolton 

Murray Wallace - Huddersfield ( loan back after permanent move)

2012/13

No loans 

2013/14 

Mark Millar - Dundee United 

Mark Beck - Carlisle

Joe Chalmers - Celtic

Rakish Bingham - Wigan

2014/15 

Joe Shaugnessy - Aberdeen

Taylor Morgan - Östersunds

2015/16

Danny Rogers - Aberdeen

Ryan Sinnimon - Rangers

Conor McGrandles - Norwich 

2017/17

Danny Rogers - Aberdeen 

2017/18

Louis Longridge - Hamilton

Alex Jakubiak - Watford 

Andy Nelson - Sunderland

Regan Tumulity - Ross county 

Conor Hazard - Celtic 

Ryan Blair - Swansea

2018/19

Marcus Haber - Dundee

Andy Irving - Hearts

Ruben Sammut -Chelsea

Dan Turner - Port vale 

Zak Rudden - Rangers

Dkd - Ross county

William Edgjungele - Dundee United

Harry Burgoyne - Wolves

Shane Lavery - Everton

Aaron Jarvis - Luton

Mark Waddington - Stoke

2019/20

David McMillan - St Johnstone

Declan McManus - Ross county

Rafa de vita - Livingston

Calum Ferrie - Dundee

Lewis Moore - Hearts

Pj Morrison - Motherwell

Matthew Connelly - Motherwell

Euan Deveney - Killie 

Fucking Dan Turner man. I had completely forgotten about him. I just googled to see what he’s up to now, I can’t believe he’s got a Wikipedia page, he must’ve made it up himself.

3 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Fucking Dan Turner man. I had completely forgotten about him. I just googled to see what he’s up to now, I can’t believe he’s got a Wikipedia page, he must’ve made it up himself.

Signed for Hedensford town which must be level 7/8 tier in England. 

Doesn't make good reading. The edge is another that I think would've been better with the right player beside him.  McKenna was a complete bombscare at times though when he needed a steady ship next to him. A cracks or Dodds in there and he'd have been fine. Longridge was decent can't really complain too much about him as a loan signing. Think rudden also benefitted from the fact that for a long period of that season he was the only decent striker we had and so was guaranteed a spot week in week out. That got him up to speed quickly and into some form. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Yeah I think Rudden was great for the situation we were in, a team battling relegation basically launching balls for him and Petravicius to chase and Rudden pretty much being the only guy in the box. I'm not sure if he'd be as useful for a team that played on the front foot a bit more where his work rate counts for less.
Real shame if injuries have stunted his development though as he was excellent for us that year.