The Falkirk FC Thread

Our keeper didn't have a single save of note. If they had got a point it would've been a real smash and grab job.

Yesterday, a few, including myself, were pointing out that opposition fans should not complain about biased commentary on Falkirk FCs commercial TV.
Therefore why should we complain when Cove post a slightly optimistic report on their clubs website?…
PS. We were clearly the better side over the 90 mins but they had eight shots and a couple of moments of real concern yesterday. I was more concerned about the lack of pace in our defence than i have been in any other game this season...

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yesterday, a few, including myself, were pointing out that opposition fans should not complain about biased commentary on Falkirk FCs commercial TV.
Therefore why should we complain when Cove post a slightly optimistic report on their clubs website?…
PS. We were clearly the better side over the 90 mins but they had eight shots and a couple of moments of real concern yesterday. I was more concerned about the lack of pace in our defence than i have been in any other game this season...

There's being biased though and there's giving a completely false view of a match. To try and pretend that cove deserved anything from that game is laughable. They got what they deserved feck all.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

No one on here is complaining about the match report. It’s more of a laugh.

There's being biased though and there's giving a completely false view of a match. To try and pretend that cove deserved anything from that game is laughable. They got what they deserved feck all.

Every week after a game I generally try to take a balanced view of things.
However, in tandem, I get the same posters either telling me that we are shite and need to immediately sack the clowns in charge after a disappointing result, or that we are world beaters after a 1-0 home win.
Falkirk fans.....I doubt there’s any fans more fickle......[emoji23]

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Every week after a game I generally try to take a balanced view of things.
However, in tandem, I get the same posters either telling me that we are shite and need to immediately sack the clowns in charge after a disappointing result, or that we are world beaters after a 1-0 home win.
Falkirk fans.....I doubt there’s any fans more fickle......emoji23.png

Wee bit difference between fans on a message board and an official club match report though at the end of the day.

I know some of M&M’s transfer business has been questionable, but they deserve massive credit for identifying Morrison and getting him in. He’s clearly a talented and driven player who will likely be massive on how our season goes

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I don’t think Kelly is anything special but it’s 2 out of 2 clean sheets since he’s come in. Noticed yesterday him filling in almost left Centre back when we were short and made a couple of clearances to dangerous crosses at front post

Can only see him improving. Hasn't had any preseason so will still be playing catch up.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

I know some of M&M’s transfer business has been questionable, but they deserve massive credit for identifying Morrison and getting him in. He’s clearly a talented and driven player who will likely be massive on how our season goes

Cant praise them enough for Sammon's current form.

7 hours ago, Rocco said:

Morrison has been a great find without him we would struggle. Leitch I’m afraid is too much of a seldom for me he may turn into a player but I’d get Connelly in there ASAP as he will create much more. 
The biggest enigma however is Salmon he should be head and shoulders ahead of Div 1 instead he’s busting a gut to be decent at this level! 
He needs to decide he’s a striker and stay in the Centre of the goal as he’s always drifting 10 yards wide of Centre and looking to assist. With his bulk if his potential power and aggression were Chanelled into getting across his man in the six yard box he could treble his goal tally . The problem is I suspect he knows that but in doing so he risks injury.So  Give him a target of 4 goals in the next 6 games and if he doesn’t make it bin him. Make or break and some pressure ! - drifting along as a trier at this level doesn’t fool anyone! 

Morrison has been a great find without him we would struggle. Leitch I’m afraid is too much of a seldom for me he may turn into a player but I’d get Connelly in there ASAP as he will create much more. 
The biggest enigma however is Salmon he should be head and shoulders ahead of Div 1 instead he’s busting a gut to be decent at this level! 
He needs to decide he’s a striker and stay in the Centre of the goal as he’s always drifting 10 yards wide of Centre and looking to assist. With his bulk if his potential power and aggression were Chanelled into getting across his man in the six yard box he could treble his goal tally . The problem is I suspect he knows that but in doing so he risks injury.So  Give him a target of 4 goals in the next 6 games and if he doesn’t make it bin him. Make or break and some pressure ! - drifting along as a trier at this level doesn’t fool anyone! 

So, if scores three in his next six you’d bin him?…

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes  No point in setting the target and not following through. It has been one of our main problems in the last ten years accepting mediocrity - if that happened I’d bin him for the sake of the team physic. We need  to build a winning mentality trying or nearly achieving is not good enough full stop. 

9 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I think we’ve looked better at the back with Dixon at CB and Kelly at LB. Considering the threat of Cove’s front two I think we done well yesterday. Got to be the same team on Tuesday, unless Connolly is fit enough to start in place of Leitch. 

Agree regarding Leitch who anonymous again on Saturday. He might be a better option to use as a sub and bring on in the middle behind the front two. I’d be starting Connolly or Todd if either are fit enough to do so. 

Leitch has got to learn to use his left foot. Morrison will be the first name on the team sheet every week on the right. Leitch seems to have the pace and skill to go by his man, gets in to a great position and ends up fluffing it by trying to cut back or use the outside of his right boot. As others have said once Connolly is fit I'd imagine he'll be back in the starting 11. 

11 hours ago, Stainrod said:

What a mental thing to do. What if he scored 2 or 3 but was our best player in every game ?

Its not basketball we are playing 😆.

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What a mental thing to do. What if he scored 2 or 3 but was our best player in every game ?

Its not basketball we are playing 😆.

i e never seen him be the best player in any game - his job is to score goals and his tally to date relative to his ability is pathetic . The main reason is he’s not aggressive enough in the six yard box - my point is we can’t have another season of watching him huff and puff and score 5 or 6 - The guy is a talented player who needs to be targeted and judged on the goals he scores - otherwise were wasting a wage