The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mccracken at the Morton Vs Ayr game today.

-Looking for potential signings in the summer?

-In the hat for the Morton/Ayr managers role?

-Getting a look at who we'll be playing in the play offs?

Hopefully the second option. But more likely the third. Checking out the odds on the shitebaggery stakes.

Pish. 12 years I've been following the club and I've probably been to 95% of home games and 80% of away games. In all that time I've only heard one person speak up for Sevco, an auld guy and his wife usually seated in the South Stand. Blethering at Haymarket waiting for the train back after a Hearts game he said something about the stadium announcer being wrong to call them Sevco. He was quickly told to GTF and left to stand alone whilst everyone else ignored him. 

This "large section" is no more than a handful at most. Mainly auld c***s waiting to shuffle off anyway. 

On those wonderful occasions when we have beaten either half of the OF, many of those days had me (and others) accused of being “an orange c**t” or a “fen*an c**t”.

I am of course, an auld c**t, but not quite ready to shuffle off just yet.

Scary to think that if we hadn't had Rudden that year we'd probably have been relegated weeks earlier. Just shows you how poor that side was.

It might have been a blessing, and McKinnon’s wee sad face might not have been enough to save him.

14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Hopefully the second option. But more likely the third. Checking out the odds on the shitebaggery stakes.

Just hoping he doesnt want to be looking at bringing big Aero back 

McCall in paper today regarding Partick  'there are a number of positions throughout the squad we are looking to strengthen over the coming weeks'.

We've signed one, just hope the management trio don't think we can get by without adding more. Youth and energy in midfield required, but we all knew that before season started.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I see highly experienced super manager Tommy Wright is continuing to do a sterling job of taking Kilmarnock into the Championship (hopefully).
Obvious changes don’t always work the way everyone expects....

Sometimes you could have pep guardiola managing a group of players and it wouldn't make any difference.  Wright's been left a pig in a poke with two of there best players having gone in the last window.  I doubt any manager could do much with our group now either unfortunately.  We've got a couple of weeks transfer window to try and improve our lot or it's going to be a real struggle.

Sometimes you could have pep guardiola managing a group of players and it wouldn't make any difference.  Wright's been left a pig in a poke with two of there best players having gone in the last window.  I doubt any manager could do much with our group now either unfortunately.  We've got a couple of weeks transfer window to try and improve our lot or it's going to be a real struggle.

Yep. That’s my point. At this late stage any change is fraught with risk.
No doubt it can also go either way with the managers we have but at least they have the advantage of knowing the players we have. The question, which I agree needs to be asked is whether they have the motivational and tactical skills to manage us through the few remaining fixtures...
We will find out soon.....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I see highly experienced super manager Tommy Wright is continuing to do a sterling job of taking Kilmarnock into the Championship (hopefully).
Obvious changes don’t always work the way everyone expects....

They have a 'head of football operations' role at Kilmarnock, reaping its rewards. 

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

If the fixtures that haven’t been played remain the same (ie starting with East Fife at home on Sat 20th) we have quite a difficult run after that which will tells us where we’ll finish. 

Hopefully it'll be 18 games with Montrose at home to start.