The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, BountyBairn said:

Agreed. It’s only 2 days away, they surely will be feeling the effects of the schedule.

We just need to focus on winning Thursday but it’s hard not to start working out permutations.

Just fucking win. Dont think, go for three points. M&M thinking kept us in this mess against Raith. 

52 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Win our 3 matches and we are Champions.

Massive, massive game against Partick on Thursday 

It's a huge ask with the current injury list. If we could somehow get Dixon, Telfer & Connolly back though...

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

It's a huge ask with the current injury list. If we could somehow get Dixon, Telfer & Connolly back though...

If we could get even Dixon and Telfer back I believe we’d have a chance.

As it stands though we have a goalkeeper lacking confidence, a defence that can’t defend set pieces, a midfield with 3 players who don’t do anything and strikers who aren’t scoring.

We have to take the advantage on Thursday. We’ve had a little break and Partick have had a hard game up in Cove. Press them early on and get right in their faces. It’s in our hands again, how I don’t know but it is. We have to take the advantage. Can we not get any emergency loans in ? 🤣

1 minute ago, Bairney Rubble said:

Just noticed Partick appear to have made 4 separate subs tonight with Tiffoney being replaced in the last minute. Thought the rule was 5 subs from 3 separate occasions? Anyone able to confirm?

That is the rule so don’t know what happened. 

We have to take the advantage on Thursday. We’ve had a little break and Partick have had a hard game up in Cove. Press them early on and get right in their faces. It’s in our hands again, how I don’t know but it is. We have to take the advantage. Can we not get any emergency loans in ? 🤣

If Thistle win on Thursday they are officially champions. I think tiredness will probably not be on their minds..

50 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We still wouldn’t finish first....

That's hard to say really. I thought there was a reaction from the players on Saturday; if we could get that again with the added boost of getting those 3 in the team, then you never know!

3 minutes ago, Bairney Rubble said:

Just noticed Partick appear to have made 4 separate subs tonight with Tiffoney being replaced in the last minute. Thought the rule was 5 subs from 3 separate occasions? Anyone able to confirm?

HT possibly doesn’t count as a stoppage?

I’m sure you’re allowed extra if one is a head knock as well, but I can’t recall that being the case for any of our subs today.

I don't think at any point this season we have looked any fitter than any of our opponents and I don't expect we will on Thursday. We just don't have the firepower to win these three games plus we don't create nearly enough chances. Hope i'm wrong but can't see it.

4 minutes ago, Bairney Rubble said:

One was done at half time. Pretty sure it’s 3 breaks of play allowed for subs so half time won’t count towards that.

7 minutes ago, Bairney Rubble said:

Half time subs do not count towards total of occasions.