The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Green dot for providing us with an update while your team are playing their most important 10 minutes of the season.

Good luck on Thursday night, definitely winnable. We were decent tonight but not at our best, had chances to win and on top for good spells of the game. Partick have good threat up top with Rudden and Tiffoney but a strong Bairns performance and you might pick up 3 points and drag us back in it too!

Surely to god people don't fancy us to go win our last 3 games. There's expect the unexpected, then there's insanity. Partick will be jaded but from their 3 games in 6 days but we've got half a team just now and we've not beat a full time team in 2 years.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We have two chances of winning this league - fat and none.

I would probably go with having a better chance of winning the lottery and Messi saying he wants to finish his career at Falkirk, SA and MR saying they are giving away their MSG shares to the fans and Durnan and Hall becoming the new Yogi and Clarkey, and Sammon turning into a goal scoring machine 

I would probably go with having a better chance of winning the lottery and Messi saying he wants to finish his career at Falkirk, SA and MR saying they are giving away their MSG shares to the fans and Durnan and Hall becoming the new Yogi and Clarkey, and Sammon turning into a goal scoring machine 

Wasn’t really that far fetched until you mention MSG giving away shares....

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Surely to god people don't fancy us to go win our last 3 games. There's expect the unexpected, then there's insanity. Partick will be jaded but from their 3 games in 6 days but we've got half a team just now and we've not beat a full time team in 2 years.

Anyone that thinks Falkirk can win three games in a row 9/9 all of a sudden when over the last six games we have taken 5/18 are the same folks that put on a seven team accumulator on a Saturday including draws, and are surprised they’ve lost at 4.45

Obviously not chuffed we won’t be  winning the league but don’t begrudge Partick winning it as they shouldn’t have been relegated in the first place. Hope they don’t win it on Thursday though. 

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly, I am in no place to be absolving Hartley of anything. All I am saying is he came from, and moved into jobs where he had did/is doing ok or even well. Then theres us shoehorned in the middle where "he" employed this utterly wild, barely heard of approach to squad building, against a backdrop of Craig Campbell at al torpedoing an academy and chatting shit about fucking Brentford.

The longer we are a fucking farce, whilst Hartley returns to being a middling/decent Scottosh football manager who doesnt pursue a left field recruitment strategy, leaves me wondering just whose fucking idea it was and just how on board with it the various parties were.

Hartlet got what he deserved. Emptied from the club, but many others didnt, and here we are. Still utterly fucking rancid, still in league next season barring a miracle. What does that suggest......

I have always said Hartley does deserve some blame however the binning of the Academy & adoption of the Brentford model are part of the same strategy and this was Campbell , & completely backed by the board. The knock on effect of the destruction of our first team and overall damage to the club all stems from that point.

Hartley is a smaller part of it but overwhelmingly the main culprits are Campbell, Lang, the rest of the BOD and the MSG.     

Are we playing a team with the defensive strength of the greatest Italian teams combined with the flair up front of the great 1970 Brazil team and with individuals who can reach Messi or Ronaldo heights or Partick bloody thistle on Thursday? The Facebook page gets slaughtered (mostly rightly) for its overwhelming positivity and happy clapping but sometimes we should hold a mirror up to ourselves the overwhelming negativity is frightening. We have a very hard game v partick that if we win leaves a home game v Montrose and away to an airdrie team likely to be their under 12s as they rest players for the play offs.

Very hard but not unwinnable game on Thursday that if we do win puts us in an absolutely fantastic position. 

As a slight aside, does anyone know if the game is discounted to compensate for the 1st game stream at firhill? They were going to discount 2nd game at firhill in march before season stopped and I haven't seen anything about it since. It may only be a fiver but it's still better in my pocket that PTFC.

28 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Are we playing a team with the defensive strength of the greatest Italian teams combined with the flair up front of the great 1970 Brazil team and with individuals who can reach Messi or Ronaldo heights or Partick bloody thistle on Thursday? The Facebook page gets slaughtered (mostly rightly) for its overwhelming positivity and happy clapping but sometimes we should hold a mirror up to ourselves the overwhelming negativity is frightening. We have a very hard game v partick that if we win leaves a home game v Montrose and away to an airdrie team likely to be their under 12s as they rest players for the play offs.

Very hard but not unwinnable game on Thursday that if we do win puts us in an absolutely fantastic position. 

As a slight aside, does anyone know if the game is discounted to compensate for the 1st game stream at firhill? They were going to discount 2nd game at firhill in march before season stopped and I haven't seen anything about it since. It may only be a fiver but it's still better in my pocket that PTFC.

The COYB page gets slaughtered for its overwhelming positivity because there has been virtually nothing at all to be positive about for 12 years.

The negativity on here is entirely justified.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

It’s a tenner.