The Falkirk FC Thread

Those three sitters from Morrison & ATS are criminal. Hall scuffing the clearance starts the scramble for the first goal then a weak block from Mckay lets it fall straight to their player. ATS is 100% as culpable for that third goal as Martin he needs to just put it out the parl for a throwin and take their player with him if need be. The second goal from them is a well worked goal so it's hard to blame anyone. 

It's all very good and well having Morrison upfront to pull defenders all over the place but if he's not composed enough to put simple chances away he shouldn't be playing  there. We need quality in and that's going to be very hard to get in January. 

Edited by FFC 1876

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

For me there are four positions needing sorted. 
1. Goalkeeper - if we can’t get anyone in then Mutch (who I am not the greatest fan of) has to play. Martin is awful

2. CH - if we are going to play a back three that central CH needs to be a big aggressive leader. If you can only get one then Hall is the worst of the three. He set the tone yesterday after 30 seconds sclaffing a simple pass. Dixon returning also gives the option to play ATS at wing back. McCann is struggling.

3. Defensive midfielder - leader, disciplined and has a range of passing. Miller and a Hetherington not good enough. 

4. Striker - too many chances missed. 

There certainly has been progress going forward - and rapid progress from the ultra negative Sheerinball. Rennie now needs to sort the defence.

The damage that Sheerin (and he is as much to blame as Holt if not more for me), Holt and the previous Board have done is unforgivable. They have us in such a mess we are for the 4th or 5th window in a row with a squad needing major surgery that sadly wont be fixed properly this January. 

Agree with all of this. Good summary. 

@Rocco for starters the "damaged goods" point is absolute guff. 

Smaller, less attractive clubs on paper (location, facilities, p/t etc) manage to attract players who have excelled and don't feel the need to associate themselves with the ilk of Goodwillie.

I'm not one to stick up for Shadwell - he's more than capable of doing that in his own - but the factors you mentioned are probably a long way down the list of why players would sign or clubs would loan to us.

Hope that explains your red.

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Those three sitters from Morrison & ATS are criminal. Hall scuffing the clearance starts the scramble for the first goal then a weak block from Mckay lets it fall straight to their player. ATS is 100% as culpable for that third goal as Martin is he needs to just put it out the parl for a throwin and take their player with him if need be. The second goal from them is a well worked goal so it's hard to blame anyone. 

It's all very good and well having Morrison upfront to pull defenders all over the place but if he's not composed enough to put simple chances away he shouldn't be playing  there. We need quality in and that's going to be very hard to get in January. 

Morrison has been a huge disappointment, was told by a Jambo he would show good in flashes but in general a very average player, think he got it spot on.

4 hours ago, Rocco said:

Shadwell, you’re continually overlooking the points that have already been made that we are not in the same position as Arbroath, Raith and Partick. Whether you want to admit it or not, with what has happened over recent years, we are not an attractive club for players or for other clubs to loan players. We have year on year got worse as well as the club publicly embarrassing themselves on many occasions. We have a lot of work to do before we become an attractive proposition again. 

This is also why I believe the club are trying to sign Goodwillie. He, like us has a damaged reputation and is of the quality required that we can likely attract to the club  

Do you think Raith were an attractive club ? Stuck in league one for a number of years recovering from the mess Hughes had left the club in a season or so before?  No cash yet mcglynn still got the players in to win them the league through his contacts and the fact players want to play for him.  Raith were in no more of an attractive position than we are in so I'm not getting your point at all I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Morrison has been a huge disappointment, was told by a Jambo he would show good in flashes but in general a very average player, think he got it spot on.

We're killing Morrison now when he was the great hope last year. No-one has impressed enough and until as a team we become better anyone will look "average".

Guest Ecosse83

I’m just glad we’re now creating chances for us to miss sitters, big improvement from 4 weeks ago when we were creating hee haw! 

Edited by Ecosse83

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do you think Raith were an attractive club ? Stuck in league one for a number of years recovering from the mess Hughes had left the club in a season or so before?  No cash yet mcglynn still got the players in to win them the league through his contacts and the fact players want to play for him.  Raith were in no more of an attractive position than we are in so I'm not getting your point at all I'm afraid.

What's your actual point here?

That the BoD should have appointed a manager that knows the league?

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Anyone found Holt's son. Should we be calling the police as he's been missing for days now ?

He's not missing. He's still at the club but hasn't been available for selection recently, though my guess is he'll be back next week. 

Re the post before you, Mutch has an arm injury. He's been at multiple games with his arm in a sling and I've seen fans talking to him several times so I think that's quite well-known. 

44 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

@Rocco for starters the "damaged goods" point is absolute guff. 

Smaller, less attractive clubs on paper (location, facilities, p/t etc) manage to attract players who have excelled and don't feel the need to associate themselves with the ilk of Goodwillie.

I'm not one to stick up for Shadwell - he's more than capable of doing that in his own - but the factors you mentioned are probably a long way down the list of why players would sign or clubs would loan to us.

Hope that explains your red.

We clearly are. We are the laughing stock of Scottish football and I would think any club/player looking in from the outside would be very hesitant about coming here. Players also speak and I’d guess or name will be muck with the majority of players that have left over the years. 

The smaller, less attractive clubs on paper you talk about will have likely been a more attractive proposition than we are right now. We may have better facilities but with what’s went on over the years, I very much doubt our superior facilities will make these players and clubs overlook everything else. 

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My point is they’d have been more attractive than us. There is no overlooking the public mess out club has made of things in recent years. 

We are the laughing stock of Scottish football but I don’t think Raith really held that title the way we do

39 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He's not missing. He's still at the club but hasn't been available for selection recently, though my guess is he'll be back next week. 

Re the post before you, Mutch has an arm injury. He's been at multiple games with his arm in a sling and I've seen fans talking to him several times so I think that's quite well-known. 

Any idea what's happening with Hetherington or Ruth?  

30 minutes ago, Rocco said:

We clearly are. We are the laughing stock of Scottish football and I would think any club/player looking in from the outside would be very hesitant about coming here. Players also speak and I’d guess or name will be muck with the majority of players that have left over the years. 

The smaller, less attractive clubs on paper you talk about will have likely been a more attractive proposition than we are right now. We may have better facilities but with what’s went on over the years, I very much doubt our superior facilities will make these players and clubs overlook everything else. 

I've just told you Raith were in just as big a hole. Skirting on the edge of financial problems and ending up behind the likes of Arbroath and forfar in the league. They weren't any more an attractive proposition for players than we are just now and that's with less money to offer as wages. They were close to having to go part time FFS and had already moved to the hybrid model.  Players went because the manager persuaded them to go there due to his status and contacts in the game and its continued into the champ where they are still overachieving now with him at the helm.

Nothing wrong with Rennie's interview imo.  He's clearly not going to slag players off until we have replacements in and the referee chat is trying to create a bit of a 'them against us' siege mentality to get more out of the players that are here.  He also confirmed he's looking to sort out the spine of the team with hopefully some in next week.  Not sure what folk expect him to be saying?  

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've just told you Raith were in just as big a hole. Skirting on the edge of financial problems and ending up behind the likes of Arbroath and forfar in the league. They weren't any more an attractive proposition for players than we are just now and that's with less money to offer as wages. They were close to having to go part time FFS and had already moved to the hybrid model.  Players went because the manager persuaded them to go there due to his status and contacts in the game and its continued into the champ where they are still overachieving now with him at the helm.

I can’t remember Raith issuing anything like the Q&A that we did or have anywhere near the turnover of players. You are basing your facts on the performance of the club in the league. What we have managed to do is tarnish our reputation in both football performance and as a business