The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t like the OF but you can hardly give a bye to teams finishing below the champions and still ask the champions to qualify.
Talk sense……

The whole reason they get byes is to allow them to concentrate on their European games.It's got nothing to do with league positions as  A championship side could win the Scottish cup and that would get them a bye despite them being a whole league below other premiership sides.  If it's not clashing with any euro fixtures then why should they get a bye?

Edited by Jackie Myles

36 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Anybody know if there was any move on clause built into Jay Fulton’s transfer to Swansea as strong rumours of him going to Reading 

10% apparently but it doesn’t sound like he’s going to be moving for a particularly large fee if anything at all. Reports are the club is trying to offload him after falling out the team under a new manager. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, RuncornBairn said:

I don’t post on here much but seriously are people still questioning the motives of patrons who are also FS’s?  These are people who have put a chunk of money as well as regular payments. Forget the three legged stool analogy, guess it was just an attempt to explain to simpletons, maybe I also can be described as such but aren’t they all just true Falkirk fans putting money in the club. Just like our local Falkirk fan sponsoring the shirts, getting insults over the logo. If it carries on next year I’ll sponsor the shirt logo and it will be reminiscent of a dickhead, which sums up a few on here

Please post more 👏

I'd score the new board 7/10 so far. 

On the plus side they binned Cones early doors, got shot of Holt, brought in an excellent manager this summer and communication has been better.

On the negative side Rennie was a fucking terrible appointment, the embarrassing missives trying to pretend he wasn't failing miserably were awful, we havent managed to offload much of the shit and we haven't yet recruited much better talent than we had before. 

I think overall they've been a success so far 

45 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'd score the new board 7/10 so far. 

On the plus side they binned Cones early doors, got shot of Holt, brought in an excellent manager this summer and communication has been better.

On the negative side Rennie was a fucking terrible appointment, the embarrassing missives trying to pretend he wasn't failing miserably were awful, we havent managed to offload much of the shit and we haven't yet recruited much better talent than we had before. 

I think overall they've been a success so far 

We have a back four and a keeper that are a big improvement. Front four needs addressing. If nothing else this season we are gong to be much harder to beat. Still time for McGlynn to clear some shite and recruit better up top

I don’t think everyone in a demanding job should be broad brushed out of contention. That would be a helluva dismissal of some serious talent.
As a full time nurse in mental health I certainly could not devote nearly enough time. But my advanced knowledge of paranoid ideas and delusional belief systems may come in handy when dealing with some crazy posts. We are a team who have always wanted to be fan led and now that it is possible the crap starts to surface. If I had a spare wad I would be a patron so I applaud those who have. I don't have a spare wad so FSS is a great route to go down.

We are a team who have always wanted to be fan led and now that it is possible the crap starts to surface.

It’s that infighting that will cause division. Can sometimes happen when everyone thinks their ideas are best. Need to remember and stick together as a divided team rarely conquers.
Everyone has differing opinions but we need to have faith the BODs as these guys are tasked with plotting our route back to the big time.

They have my 100% backing and we all need to stand as one!

6 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Anybody know if there was any move on clause built into Jay Fulton’s transfer to Swansea as strong rumours of him going to Reading 

Reading are seemingly under a transfer embargo so are hoping for a loan or he gets freed. 

Have we always wanted to be fan led? I'm not sure about that.

I guess it's always likely given you aren't going to make money from us. 

But if you look back to the Jeffries era we had Deans and Fulston. 

I'd still prefer a wealthy owner to fan ownership. But it's a pipe dream finding one willing to invest that isn't a Craig Whyte.

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have a back four and a keeper that are a big improvement. Front four needs addressing. If nothing else this season we are gong to be much harder to beat. Still time for McGlynn to clear some shite and recruit better up top

To clear (buying contracts) out will take funds away from the player budget. So McGlynn will have that in his thinking as precious few will find a loan or an offer from another club.

He will be hoping some of them produce the goods.

In a lose lose situation. Buy them out = 1 -2 less new signings: fans not pleased. Keep them on = Why aren't the gone: fans not pleased.

Like it or not some of them are going to be playing every week. 

It's what I said last week, you're dealing with legacy shite signed by the previous couple of managers.  McKay will be due a fare whack if you 'mutually agree' him with 2 years left on his contract.  Wilson will be due something for getting him away with a year left.  

Those 2 players being signed on 2 and 3 year deals, a year before he became manager. will be tying McGlynn's hands behind his back trying to bring people in.

The Caley suffered the same with the shite Hughes signed after we won the cup and it meant Foran had to sign utter jobbers a year later.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'd still prefer a wealthy owner to fan ownership. But it's a pipe dream finding one willing to invest that isn't a Craig Whyte.

Wealthy owners in Scotland aren't sustainable. Fan ownership is.

Even though we do have the highest percent of greeting faced basterts I've ever seen. It's better for us to own everything rather than an outsider. 

Rich owners worth their salt want pay back and can just pack in. With fan ownership we all want a good team and won't just stop being committed if times are bad