The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have a back four and a keeper that are a big improvement. Front four needs addressing. If nothing else this season we are gong to be much harder to beat. Still time for McGlynn to clear some shite and recruit better up top

To clear (buying contracts) out will take funds away from the player budget. So McGlynn will have that in his thinking as precious few will find a loan or an offer from another club.

He will be hoping some of them produce the goods.

In a lose lose situation. Buy them out = 1 -2 less new signings: fans not pleased. Keep them on = Why aren't the gone: fans not pleased.

Like it or not some of them are going to be playing every week. 

It's what I said last week, you're dealing with legacy shite signed by the previous couple of managers.  McKay will be due a fare whack if you 'mutually agree' him with 2 years left on his contract.  Wilson will be due something for getting him away with a year left.  

Those 2 players being signed on 2 and 3 year deals, a year before he became manager. will be tying McGlynn's hands behind his back trying to bring people in.

The Caley suffered the same with the shite Hughes signed after we won the cup and it meant Foran had to sign utter jobbers a year later.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Have we always wanted to be fan led? I'm not sure about that.

I guess it's always likely given you aren't going to make money from us. 

But if you look back to the Jeffries era we had Deans and Fulston. 

I'd still prefer a wealthy owner to fan ownership. But it's a pipe dream finding one willing to invest that isn't a Craig Whyte.

Wealthy owners in Scotland aren't sustainable. Fan ownership is.

Even though we do have the highest percent of greeting faced basterts I've ever seen. It's better for us to own everything rather than an outsider. 

Have we always wanted to be fan led? I'm not sure about that.
I guess it's always likely given you aren't going to make money from us. 
But if you look back to the Jeffries era we had Deans and Fulston. 
I'd still prefer a wealthy owner to fan ownership. But it's a pipe dream finding one willing to invest that isn't a Craig Whyte.
Rich owners worth their salt want pay back and can just pack in. With fan ownership we all want a good team and won't just stop being committed if times are bad

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

B4L being scrapped with 10k being given to McGlynn this window 🤔

The 10K is being made contingent on it going to a loan player - if not the announcement says they will keep the money until January,

B4L was a good idea and Lapsley needs to be congratulated for organising it in the first place and the amount he raised for the club, the problem has been that the use of the funds usually came with a demand to control how it was spent. Hopefully those people who contributed monthly to B4L will now contribute instead to FSS and they can have a say in elections and who represents them on the FSS committee.

Today is the opening of nominations to the Fans Rep on the Board. Nigel Serafini agreed to stand down as he was appointed by the FSS committee rather than elected and re-stand for election (if he decides he wants to) . There will be a nominations form put up on the FSS website later today and an email announcement out to all members about the timetable for elections.

1 minute ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

The 10K is being made contingent on it going to a loan player - if not the announcement says they will keep the money until January,

B4L was a good idea and Lapsley needs to be congratulated for organising it in the first place and the amount he raised for the club, the problem has been that the use of the funds usually came with a demand to control how it was spent. Hopefully those people who contributed monthly to B4L will now contribute instead to FSS and they can have a say in elections and who represents them on the FSS committee.

Today is the opening of nominations to the Fans Rep on the Board. Nigel Serafini agreed to stand down as he was appointed by the FSS committee rather than elected and re-stand for election (if he decides he wants to) . There will be a nominations form put up on the FSS website later today and an email announcement out to all members about the timetable for elections.

David Lapsley did a fantastic job and BfL gave £61k to FFC with the balance shortly to be given over.

Don't blame him for packing in after all the shit that was fired at him on here by FSS people.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

David Lapsley did a fantastic job and BfL gave £61k to FFC with the balance shortly to be given over.

Don't blame him for packing in after all the shit that was fired at him on here by FSS people.

There was no incorrect information posted about B4L. It was not a feud - but organisations that receive money from supporters have to be transparent, accountable and well run.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

fair play to David Lapsley for setting the thing up, we need fans to be pro active like that, Id imagine he feels pushed out a bit by FSS but TBH its a better vehicle for fans to donate to the club and it looks and feels like a more professional operation. Don't see why fans who were giving to BFL don't want to give to FSS though? that just sound petty. I was a member of both and was never asked my opinion on it.

Edited by falkirkzombie

5 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

fair play to David Lapsley for setting the thing up, we need fans to be pro active like that, Id imagine he feels pushed out a bit by FSS but TBH its a better vehicle for fans to donate to the club and it looks and feels like a more professional operation. Don't see why fans who were giving to BFL don't want to give to FSS though? that just sound petty. I was a member of both and was never asked my opinion on it.

Agreed.

i will increase my sub to FSS by the amount I gave to B4L

The beauty of BfL was that there were completely zero costs as all subs were made by s/o and DL persuaded the bank to waive all charges. I didn’t particularly agree with the cash prizes but hey-ho.

Cant imagine that FSS will have zero costs.

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The only costs of significance so far are our payments to the web designer-which are kept to a minimum else no one on the committee has asked for any expenses. I cannot think of any significant amount being spent.

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Agreed.

i will increase my sub to FSS by the amount I gave to B4L

The beauty of BfL was that there were completely zero costs as all subs were made by s/o and DL persuaded the bank to waive all charges. I didn’t particularly agree with the cash prizes but hey-ho.

Cash prizes would be to draw people in and encourage them to sign up. 

We should probably be thinking about some incentives to help increase FSS membership.  E.g a referral scheme where a free season ticket is up for grabs at year end or a day in hospitality etc, not guaranteed cash prizes every month but one offs to try to push the numbers up.