The Falkirk FC Thread

A wee ned who has acheived more as a manager than any of yours for donkeys' years. But go on.

Players are impressed by the training infrastructure we have to develop their game. That helps to sign players and to improve them as players from a relatively young age. Falkirk on the other hand are becoming a retirement home for over-the-hill duds. Or Dods in this case.

Tell that to your creditors. Falkirk have to keep the purse-strings extra tight in case another one of those pesky winding-up orders comes through the door. Plus you have no scope to improve the facilities: you have no get out and no asset.

Wrong. Ross County offered a much more lucrative deal and he rejected them. Because the facilities, management and prospects at Morton are a better choice for a player of his talent.

Whereas you are holding out for Tam McManus, a player who failed to pass a trial for the worst Morton team since we entered the division.

So working for Morton and Stirling Albion is better than working for the national team?

I take it you know absolutely nothing about Falkirk's training facilities then. Most players who have signed with Falkirk will tell you how impressive the training facilities are at Stirling University. Albeit I don't know anything regarding Morton's training facilities. Yeah some retirement home, Dods is the oldest in the squad by some distance, I suggest our average age of squad is far younger than yours, this season and last season.

All things considered, how does the owning of a stadium prove that a player would rather join that club? huh.gif

Well I must have missed that one. I'll believe you when you provide me with evidence that Ross County offered him a "much more lucrative deal".

What, worse than last season?

Teams that own their own grounds. They therefore have assets to 'do a St Mirren' with if need be. Clubs with no assets, like Dundee, are always going to get shafted.

The link would be a selection of interviews with Jackson in the Greenock Telegraph (Registration required online). One states that he turned down a more lucrative deal, the other states that he turned down Ross County. The two are one and the same by my deduction.

He was on trial with us at the end of 2009, how could he vastly improve as a player since?

The reality is he failed to win a deal with us, went to Ayr, got relegated and was then desperately signed by Falkirk. Now he's set to be their leading striker. The decline is clear.

How convenient laugh.gif

So working for Morton and Stirling Albion is better than working for the national team?

I said 'achieved'. Allan Moore started with Stirling at the arse-end of the Third Division and left them in the First. Steven Pressley has no competitive achievements as a manger. None. Neither has Eddie May. Hughes' achievements are sparse also. My point therefore stands.

I take it you know absolutely nothing about Falkirk's training facilities then. Most players who have signed with Falkirk will tell you how impressive the training facilities are at Stirling University.

So what you mean is, 'Stirling University's facilities that we borrow are very impressive'.

Yeah some retirement home, Dods is the oldest in the squad by some distance, I suggest our average age of squad is far younger than yours, this season and last season.

It only will be this season because you can't afford a proper squad so are throwing the kiddies in left, right and centre to plug the gaps. I'm sure the selection of over-the-hill carthorses like Dods will be an immeasurable learning experience though, what with all those strikers sailing past him clean through on goal to deal with.

All things considered, how does the owning of a stadium prove that a player would rather join that club? huh.gif

Financial security. Why would a player commit his earnings and his family's lifestyle to a club that gets winding-up orders because it can't pay the bills?

Yes, the season before we avoided relegation on the final day against two part-time diddy sides.

And Tam McManus still wasn't good enough to win a deal. :lol:

How convenient laugh.gif

http://www.greenockt...take-positives/

How factually correct. But by all means continue clutching at straws.

Edited by vikingTON

I take it you know absolutely nothing about Falkirk's training facilities then. Most players who have signed with Falkirk will tell you how impressive the training facilities are at Stirling University. Albeit I don't know anything regarding Morton's training facilities. Yeah some retirement home, Dods is the oldest in the squad by some distance, I suggest our average age of squad is far younger than yours, this season and last season.

Well I must have missed that one. I'll believe you when you provide me with evidence that Ross County offered him a "much more lucrative deal".

having played at falkirks training ground last season for my team in the scottish cup i would agree that the facilities are very good, however your average age may only be considered that way due to your inabillity to sign players and having to rely on youth players to fill the squad.

So what you mean is, 'Stirling University's facilities that we borrow are very impressive'

regardless of who owns the facilities the falkirk badge is on the side of the main which would indicate that they more than borrow them.

i will get the hand of quoting i promise

Edited by grumswall

regardless of who owns the facilities the falkirk badge is on the side of the main which would indicate that they more than borrow them.

You can rearrange the furniture how you want in a council house, doesn't mean you own it.

having played at falkirks training ground last season for my team in the scottish cup i would agree that the facilities are very good, however your average age may only be considered that way due to your inabillity to sign players and having to rely on youth players to fill the squad.

Correct. Hopefully with Flynn leaving more players will come in. You won't players coming in the same age as Dods.

I said 'achieved'. Allan Moore started with Stirling at the arse-end of the Third Division and left them in the First. Steven Pressley has no competitive achievements as a manger. None. Neither has Eddie May. Hughes' achievements are sparse also. My point therefore stands.

You did, and he has achieved more than Allan Moore has in the first division. As Morton are richer, and surely attract better players, why was Pressley more successful last year than Moore, who were both in their first full seasons at their clubs? Moore also has more experience of lower league management, Pressley is a newbie inexperienced manager, as shown last year.

So what you mean is, 'Stirling University's facilities that we borrow are very impressive'.

Yes, and players do not care if the club owns the training facilities. The only one who cares seems to be you.

It only will be this season because you can't afford a proper squad so are throwing the kiddies in left, right and centre to plug the gaps. I'm sure the selection of over-the-hill carthorses like Dods will be an immeasurable learning experience though, what with all those strikers sailing past him clean through on goal to deal with.

I'm not sure about that. The club is well known for bringing through young players from the academy such as Barr, Arfield, Scobbie, Twaddle, Flynn Stewart, Murdoch, Duffie all playing competitively for the club. Along with a few others next season, barely strikes of a club who bring in older journeymen. Dods will be fine this season.

Financial security. Why would a player commit his earnings and his family's lifestyle to a club that gets winding-up orders because it can't pay the bills?
Correct. However, a player wouldn't oppose to joining a club on the basis that the club in question do not own the stadium.
Yes, the season before we avoided relegation on the final day against two part-time diddy sides.

And Tam McManus still wasn't good enough to win a deal. :lol:

Name your striker which had a better goal ratio than under 1 goal every 2 games he played.

http://www.greenockt...take-positives/

How factually correct. But by all means continue clutching at straws.

You register and fill me in with the facts. I'm sure he'll say that he joined because the club owns its facilities.

The link would be a selection of interviews with Jackson in the Greenock Telegraph (Registration required online). One states that he turned down a more lucrative deal, the other states that he turned down Ross County. The two are one and the same by my deduction.

Or he might simply have signed for Morton due to the fact he's from the Central Belt with a young family and didn't want to move to Dingwall.

You can rearrange the furniture how you want in a council house, doesn't mean you own it.

If you're using the training facilities as a reason a player would sign with a club then I doubt the player in question would care who owned them.

It would be solely down to how good they were. For what its worth I believe the training facilities Falkirk use at Stirling are meant to be very good.

Personally, I don't think it matters to a player who owns either the Training Facilities or the Stadium. They care about wages first (understandably), with perhaps location playing some part as well.

Personally, I don't think it matters to a player who owns either the Training Facilities or the Stadium. They care about wages first (understandably), with perhaps location playing some part as well.

That's it in a nutshell, especially at our level. VT can dress it up all he wants but Jackson's supposed superior offer from County probably didn't cover his travelling costs from the central belt. That's why County will suffer, although both themselves and ICT have a fantastic pedigree since joining the senior ranks.

I was never Yogi's biggest fan as a manager but to suggest Moore has out performed him is utterly laughable :lol:

Somewhat sadly I can remember his 'game'. I think it was against Arbroath. That's not enough time to make any meaningful assessment but you would have to say if he's any good he must have been hiding it well.

My Blades mates are asking for an opinion on Flynn - anybody?

He is. But the club also has assets to support that wealth. Clubs like Falkirk have neither, so are poorer.

That's not true actually. Falkirk do have assets.

I would suggest actually that the value of the parts of the ground we own exceed Morton's assets.

I think also, posturing aside, that no one would argue that Falkirk will be in the SPL again before Morton. It's just one of those things. We'll be promoted again within 5 years.

Falkirk, odd season aside, will operate at the top end of Division One or the arse end of the SPL. As weegie bairn indicated our recent experiences of Division One have been as challengers. This season is a write off, but I expect Falkirk to be amongst the favourites for promotion next season.

Oh, and to extend the council house analogy earlier, owning your own 1 bedroom flat in Shieldhill isn't better than renting a luxury penthouse ;)

Falkirk resident wins Euromillions

Anyone know who it is? If they were from Paisley i'd be expecting a little donation fir St Mirren :D

I'm sure they can spare the odd million and wipe out Falkirks financial woes, the local community surely expects it. Especially since they are going public!

Edited by Lex